Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

It's Years Later, And Gregg Williams Still Sucks

McD5

Wow, he was coached right off the field today. That defense got outcoached, crushed and beaten all over the field, in every aspect of the game.

Stop the pass? Not a chance. He was carved up.

Rush the QB? Not effective.

Stop the run? Absolutely crushed.

And all of this against arguably the weakest playoff team in NFL history.

Gregg, you are no different than Buddy Ryan. You come in one season and act like a prick, and the players play hard in a new system. After the first year, everyone hates you and your highlighted hair, and you get destroyed.

We may not be the best team right now, but thank God we didn't keep this moron.

Well, if Greggory was a head coaching candidate before this game, he sure isn't now that it's over. Embarassing play. Although, you really can't fault gregg for that last TD run by lynch...that was the worst tackling I've ever seen at the NFL level. LOL embarassing.

I laughed when I heard he might be a candidate for one of the HC jobs and once heard him say, he's never written up a resume.

Probably should start one. LOL

That prick will go to some loser team like Buffalo, have one decent season, then crap the bed again as soon as the players get sick of him.

WOW. McD and I disagree, ..... 'kinda, chuckles. Doesn't happen often,but we're gona' do here,

I won't lie, I really wanted Gregg to follow Gibbs. Coach seemed to have laid all the plans for a seamless transition, and the players were openly campaigning for him to get the gig. I really liked his aggression on the defensive side of the ball. The way they played down the stretch in '07 was a thing of beauty. (Stuffing AP, and then holding the 'Girls to ONE rushing yard in 60 minutes of football was just crazy stupid.). Both TN and New Orleans wouldn't of gotten to their first SB's if it wasn't for Gregg Williams attacking D's. What you see is what you get with a Williams D. There gona' come after you, hard, and from all over. Some times he fall's flat on his face, like today; other times he look's a top draw coach, What you see is what you get with a Williams D.

The "kinda" comes in as there's always that Norv syndrome surrounding him after the Buffalo shambles. Would he of fallen flat on his face again when he had the responsibility for everything, rather than just the one group (I believe) he's not a darn bad coordinator of.

Hail.

Love that "bend-don't-break" Gregg. You are a genius.

I would have slit my wrist if we had kept this loser as our coach. I couldn't have taken seeing that little prissy moron walk around on our sideline as we got destroyed.

Soft Gregg. Just like your hair.

Love that "bend-don't-break" Gregg. You are a genius.

I would have slit my wrist if we had kept this loser as our coach. I couldn't have taken seeing that little prissy moron walk around on our sideline as we got destroyed.

Soft Gregg. Just like your hair.

Meh, we'd of been spared another year of Captain Checkdown.

It'd been worth it just for that. :D.

Hail.

WOW. McD and I disagree, ..... 'kinda, chuckles. Doesn't happen often,but we're gona' do here,idHail.

Don't confuse the benefits of a seamless transistion, with hitching our wagon to a loser for several years my good friend.

You mentioned a few of his good points, but don't forget the bad:

Corners lining up 10-15 yards off the LOS on 3rd and 4.

Incredible beatings, including that destruction against the Pats.

And he coached the single worst defense in 75 years of franchise history.

No thanks. We, and the Saints, can do much better than that.

Yeah, it's not like he could ever lead a defense to being one the biggest reasons his team wins a Super Bowl, making the biggest play against a powerhouse offense like the Colts to close the game out.

Nope, Gregg you suck!

Isn't that where he started off?

Yes. And that's exactly the type of place he will head his journeyman ass off to again. For one season. Then as soon as the players realize how much of a loser he is, he'll be gone again.

Yeah, it's not like he could ever lead a defense to being one the biggest reasons his team wins a Super Bowl, making the biggest play against a powerhouse offense like the Colts to close the game out.

Nope, Gregg you suck!

Drew Brees. How did Gregg do tonight? Was his defense inspired? LOL. Please, he sucks.

Out of curiousity, which defense was worse than this years? I don't know what your parameters are, not trying to be a prick about it.

I don't recall if it was 06 or 07, but it was statistically the worst defense in 75 years here.

It's hard to be that bad. Thanks Gregg.

06 was the year we had 19 sacks. Is that the one you're talking about?

I would have to go back and look. 1 sack a game? How many did Demarcus Ware have this season by himself?

He was awful. The Shawn Springs incident. The beatdown against the Patriots. No adjustments. Soft corners. No thank you.

He's someone else's problem next season.

i believe he was over-rated here, and i think that died down with the Jags, and then he's more overr-rated now more than ever with the Saints. Couldn't agree more with this thread. If the NFL was a bend but don't break lg, then he would be the man. Along with Greg Blatche.

Having carefully considered your reasoned points against the hire McD my good man, there's 6 little words that sway this (hater- saved you the trouble Passizle if you read this) long suffering fan:

32 less games of Jason Campbell.

I'd still of taken the hair over that.

Hail.

If Williams had been hired, I'll give you 6 more words that trump those:

Vinny would still be here now.

Williams would not have succeeded, and would have been gone after 2 years like Zorn. Vinny needed to completely fail on his own, and keeping Williams wouldn't have set the stage for that to happen.

Archived