Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What "Storyline" would be the best for the Superbowl?

HRNY4ZRNY

Mine would be...

The Colts vs. The Eagles

No one thinks the Colts have any chance of going to the Superbowl. Peyton wills his teams through the playoffs as the field general he is. He beats the Jets, the Steelers and finally the Patriots.

Peyton vs. Vick in the Superbowl would equal huge ratings.

And my winner...

The Colts!

---------- Post added January-8th-2011 at 10:50 AM ----------

http://www.nfl.com/goto?id=09000d5d81d830bf&module=HP_spotlight

I brought this potential Superbowl in this thread. Click to 4.40

let me start by saying i think it would suck but kansas city versus seattle would be one hell of a cinderella matchup

And one hell of a snoozer also. :ols:

IMO, the best "story" would be if Vick's Eagles somehow made it to the Super Bowl, against Tom Brady and the Pats.

You'd have Vick's incredible Hollywood-esque comeback story, coupled with the insane play of Tom Brady, who has a chance to further cement his legacy as one of the greatest QB's to ever play the game, along with the opportunity to put more hardware in the trophy room, making them one of the greatest, if not the greatest dynasty in the history of professional football, considering that they did it during the Free Agency Era.

A SB of Green Bay vs New England would be something to watch with 2 of the top QB's in football and two very good defenses going up against each other

And Aaron Rodgers goes down with injury part way through the game and Matt Flynn comes in against the Patriots and wins on a last-second TD he didn't manage to get off against them earlier in the season. Now THAT is a Superbowl story.

the nfl will do everything possible to ensure a superbowl that will garner the highest ratings. a matchup like the chiefs vs. seattle wont happen, even if it actually deserves to.

By you saying "everything possible," then I'd assume you mean that they'll find a way to sabotage both teams? I highly doubt that, and to be honest, it doesn't make any sense. The Cardinals did it back in '08, no one tried to sabotage anything. What are they gonna do? Pay some of the already rich coaches/players to fix the game? Pay someone to do a " Sal Alosi" on the sidelines? I don't get it.

By you saying "everything possible," then I'd assume you mean that they'll find a way to sabotage both teams? I highly doubt that, and to be honest, it doesn't make any sense. The Cardinals did it back in '08, no one tried to sabotage anything. What are they gonna do? Pay some of the already rich coaches/players to fix the game? Pay someone to do a " Sal Alosi" on the sidelines? I don't get it.

as ive always contended, the nfl is somewhat scripted, not fixed. darling teams get the calls. the league stands to make more money if two big market teams are in the SB. watch, one of the non-darling darkhorse teams will get robbed in the playoffs.

as ive always contended, the nfl is somewhat scripted, not fixed. darling teams get the calls. the league stands to make more money if two big market teams are in the SB. watch, one of the non-darling darkhorse teams will get robbed in the playoffs.

So then why did the Seahawks make the playoffs and not Sam Bradford? Or if it's scripted don't you think the Vikings would have gotten another chance?

A better storyline would have been a Cowboys-Vikings rematch in the NFC Championship game. Favre's last gasp at glory vs. a true home-field Super Bowl.

So then why did the Seahawks make the playoffs and not Sam Bradford? Or if it's scripted don't you think the Vikings would have gotten another chance?

A better storyline would have been a Cowboys-Vikings rematch in the NFC Championship game. Favre's last gasp at glory vs. a true home-field Super Bowl.

ooh, i know this one!!! because the seahawks won, and sam bradford didnt

most likely because neither the cow****es nor the vikings made the playoffs. again, im not saying the nfl is fixed merely "influenced" at times. im also not trying to change your mind on the issue, just stating my opinion. however im 100% positive that one of the less popular team, whether nationally or in their particular match up, will get completely hosed on national television during the playoffs. well see.

most likely because neither the cow****es nor the vikings made the playoffs. again, im not saying the nfl is fixed merely "influenced" at times. im also not trying to change your mind on the issue, just stating my opinion. however im 100% positive that one of the less popular team, whether nationally or in their particular match up, will get completely hosed on national television during the playoffs. well see.

Hosed how? Just beaten down, or lose a close one on a contended call?

1) Kansas City. Great fanbase. Storied franchise back to glory, etc etc

2) The Michael Vicks. Saving a team from a rebuilding year. Fall from grace, back to the pro bowl, etc etc.

3) Jetsloveprettyfeet.com

5) Repeat for NO. Broken city, realized dreams part deux.

6) Tom Brady love fest.

7) Peyton Manning love fest...back to the big one 2 years in a row...

Seattle vs. New England in the ultimate cinderella game. If Seattle makes it past the Saints, Falcons, and Packers, they would be EVERYONE'S darlings, and may be able to make up for the Super Bowl the NFL gave the Steelers.

Haha! Love to see the Steelers roll over the Seahawks again! maybe shut up the whiners!

Archived