Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

GameDay Thread: Wild Card Weekend

ACW

If that happens AND we make the right FO moves and start moving up in the division...then it will be pretty sweet.

Don't know whether or not it will happen or not, however, noticed a few Eagles posters asking for normalicy to be restored. I think we all know what thoes results would look like - if we take a look at history.

I still dont understand how people think andy reid is such a great coach....the Eagles are a finesse team, the second any team decides to get physical...the Eagles crumble. you cant be a finesse team and expect to win in december and january. that the eagles for you though, SOFT...and thats how andy reid coaches them up...

The Eagles = the Lions of the 90's, one and done.

Could see Vick signing elsewhere, and the Eagles being at the bottom of the division for next 10 years - as the Giants/Skins/Cowboys compete for the division. Seriously, this chirade has been going on long enough. Normalicy is restored!

Even if Vick doesn't sign elsewhere, he's going to be 31 next year, and his greatest asset is his athleticism. With the number of hits he's taking, Vick has 1, maybe 2, seasons until the inevitable steep decline starts.

I still dont understand how people think andy reid is such a great coach....the Eagles are a finesse team, the second any team decides to get physical...the Eagles crumble. you cant be a finesse team and expect to win in december and january. that the eagles for you though, SOFT...and thats how andy reid coaches them up...
I agree.

Reid has been there over a decade and has basically refused to build a run game that gets tough yards and grinds out the clock when you need it .

He drafts linemen but never a "bell cow" back that can get the tough yards. That's what makes a team physical.

Reid has never gotten that through his fat head. Ain't it wonderful? :)

I think that the 99 Rams and the 80's and 90's 49ers would disagree with you. So would the Colts.

I think that the 99 Rams and the 80's and 90's 49ers would disagree with you. So would the Colts.

The Rams had Faulk, who could run between the tackles just as good as he could outside.

The Niners had Craig and Ricky Watters,who could both get you tough yards when you needed it.

You got me on the Colts, but they did have Addai and Rhodes...they did have enough of a run game to create some form of balance their SB year.

You got me on the Colts, but they did have Addai and Rhodes...they did have enough of a run game to create some form of balance their SB year.

They also had Edgerrin James for years too.

The thing is, the Eagles just don't run the ball. It's beautiful to watch too, just like with the Pukes. They just don't wanna run the ball, they have a guy averaging over 5 yards per carry and they use him 12 times a game. WTF, but it's great. Andy Reid just doesn't want to run the ball, even when his QB is going to disregard all pass options and run whenever anybody gets in his face on a blitz, and they are gonna blitz because the Eagles don't want to run the ball. He's just way too dependent on getting the ball downfield, even when it's not working or even when Vick is getting his ass kicked, he still doesn't want to run. It's great though. 1 and done.

The Chiefs did the same thing today and lost. 9 yards per carry for Charles but between him and Thomas Jones, who loves to get a lot of carries, they had 14 carries total. WTF?

99 Rams, one year wonders...Colts, one Super Bowl with the core of guys as it is.

---------- Post added January-10th-2011 at 12:19 AM ----------

The Chiefs did the same thing today and lost. 9 yards per carry for Charles but between him and Thomas Jones, who loves to get a lot of carries, they had 14 carries total. WTF?

It's not like Charles was .02 yards from the all-time per carry avg for a season though...

I don't think you'll find anyone,even an Eagle fan, that would say Andy Reid is a great game day coach. He's a great planner and mid-week coach, but his weakness is when his plan goes awry. Unless he can accumulate enough talent to overcome those shortcomings, he most likely won't win it all, because at some point, it takes some serious adjustments mid-game to get through at least 3 games against tough opponents. That being said, claiming they're soft is obviously debateable. Soft teams don't come back the way they did against the Giants, or even the way they set themselves up last night to have a chance for the win.

Let's be honest, the better overall team won last night. Better QB play, better Oline play, better ST, and certainly better defense, although I have to give some props to McDermott and that weak D because they played as good as an Eagle fan could have hoped for.

Archived