Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Russians About To Access 14 Million Year Old Antarctic Lake

steveo21

• 1 year later...

Fears held for Russian scientists exploring "alien" Antarctic lake, Vostok

Russian scientists preparing to explore the "most alien lake on Earth," Lake Vostok, have reportedly not been in touch with American colleagues in over five days.

Meanwhile, Dr. John Priscu, professor of Ecology at Montana State University, told FoxNews.com via email that he had no way to contact the team and the already cold weather was set to plunge, as Antarctica's summer season was ending.

"Temps are dropping below [-40 degrees Fahrenheit] and they have only a week or so left before they have to winterize the station," he told Fox. "I can only imagine what things must be like at Vostok Station this week."

Click on the link for the full article

Yea Sin, its a great movie. I saw it on a boy scout retreat when I was 11, and it scared the crap out of me. Its one of those things that sends me right back to my childhood when I watch it -- scared!

As far as movie monsters go, it's a great one! I wish they'd make more movies with this monster because they are all guaranteed to provide creepy looking semi human monsters and flame throwers.

Do hope they hear from the scientists soon though. Tough enough to be down there in the first place,much less when Winter there is ready to visit.

Yeah but don't forget that they're Russian scientists. They'll just break out the vodka, complain about how warm this Antarctic winter is and how weak its storms are, and reminisce about Siberia in January.

Fears held for Russian scientists exploring "alien" Antarctic lake, Vostok

Russian scientists preparing to explore the "most alien lake on Earth," Lake Vostok, have reportedly not been in touch with American colleagues in over five days.

Meanwhile, Dr. John Priscu, professor of Ecology at Montana State University, told FoxNews.com via email that he had no way to contact the team and the already cold weather was set to plunge, as Antarctica's summer season was ending.

"Temps are dropping below [-40 degrees Fahrenheit] and they have only a week or so left before they have to winterize the station," he told Fox. "I can only imagine what things must be like at Vostok Station this week."

Click on the link for the full article

"Winterize the station" is code for "stock up on vodka"

Oh please, sir... Big Trouble in Little China.

(or the Computer Wore Tennis Shoes :silly: )

Lol, watched that on Netflix for the first time last night before going to sleep. What a fun movie. And talk about causing some crazy dreams. I woke up to my phone ringing thinking it was some magical being.

Archived