Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Luck returning to Stanford

skinsfanindallas88

This is positive news for EVERYONE. lol I wouldn't want to go to Carolina neither.

This lessens Cowboys chances of taking the two elite corners or the DE Dareus.

This gives us a chance to get him next draft.

This heightens McNabb's value!!!!

I just saw too. He doesn't want to go to Carolina.

Actually he probably wants to graduate from college, he is an academic all-american.

That just makes the QB pool a little more shallow.

I think it's more that he doesn't want to go to Carolina! Luck's people probably had some preliminary talks about trading out but Carolina made it clear they were going to take him. That probably means Harbaugh will be back at Stanford as well. The money will be the same in 2012 if the Rookie cap is passed. So it's not like he's costing himself $. So he may as well see if he can get a better option.

Wouldn't mind us trading back for more ammunition next year to move up.

Also screws us a little with the QB pool in the draft. Maybe Panthers take Newton, idk. I could see it happening. Also greatly increases the chances Locker would be a smart pick at 10. He might not be there later.

I'm not sold on Locker..he has never posted big stats and never has really been a winner. I think we might as well turn our attention to the defensive side of the ball with our pick and go for a QB later in the draft. If our defense was half as good as it was last year we would have been at least 8-8.

Luck just went up ten fold in my estimation.

There's a strong possibility that this would be the last year he could get the guaranteed mega bucks before they restructure the CBA with new rookie caps; and he turns down the money to stay in school and get another years experience.

I really want Locker, but a guys with the type of character that Luck appears to have are the type of guys I want on my team.

Hail.

Well also consider that he's not wanting for anything. His parents are broke-off...But it still does take alot to pass up on that amount of money.

Yes I heard on Jim Rome

What a shocker, after the season he had his stock was sky high and I thought he'd go pro

So is this going to be his senior season or what? We saw that this did for Locker. Hopefully the same doesn't happen for Luck. He could be losing millions by making this decision.

then again, NFL is in labor uncertainty and there is serious doubt as to a season next year, and he's gotta play somewhere

A 4 year degree from Stanford can be worth a lot, it's a good contingency plan in case he doesn't do well in the NFL, which is possible since he's a top 5 pick which means he'll go to bad a team and could mire away there. Plus he has to worry about the NFL playing next season. Plus he could be getting pressure from his folks to stay. If he's confident in his abilities, then he knows he can wait another season and still come out as a top prospect.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRYpCftPqMDYhjtfr5hpwfSvnS7DeQXY5m8TgB1Qxq_2_Oa5NXFAA

---------- Post added January-6th-2011 at 02:49 PM ----------

Oh, and thank God for this. Now, we can stop this "TRADE EVERYTHING FOR LUCK LULZZZZZ" nonsense.

A 4 year degree from Stanford can be worth a lot, it's a good contingency plan in case he doesn't do well in the NFL, which is possible since he's a top 5 pick which means he'll go to bad a team and could mire away there. Plus he has to worry about the NFL playing next season. Plus he could be getting pressure from his folks to stay. If he's confident in his abilities, then he knows he can wait another season and still come out as a top prospect.

He'll never earn $50M over 5 years with that degree. Sorry...fiscally, the decision makes no sense. It's admirable for other reasons, of course. But if he's that bright, he can always finish his workload after football. He might now come into an NFL that caps rookie salaries. Even if he's picked #1 in 2012, he may have cost himself tens of millions of dollars. Not very bright...

maybe college is more important to some than the game of football, maybe?

Which is an extremely mature position and one I wish more players were concerned with. Lots of money is nice but really who can't live on 5mil a year versus 50?

Well also consider that he's not wanting for anything. His parents are broke-off...But it still does take alot to pass up on that amount of money.

I hear ya' man, and it's all relative of course.

But his parents could be the richest couple in the Country and I'd still find it real refreshing that a sportsman isn't ALL about his own personal money. That old adage that "however much you have, you always want more" seem's to be passing this young man by. Yup, refreshing's the word in this day and age.

Hail.

He'll never earn $50M over 5 years with that degree. Sorry...fiscally, the decision makes no sense. It's admirable for other reasons, of course. But if he's that bright, he can always finish his workload after football. He might now come into an NFL that caps rookie salaries. Even if he's picked #1 in 2012, he may have cost himself tens of millions of dollars. Not very bright...

The rookie cap would have been there regardless, LKB. The rookie contracts won't be negotiated until the CBA is hammered out, and the rookie cap will affect this year's draft class if we assume the CBA gets done before the season.

yes its not bright to finish what you started, its much more intelligent to put it off, take the big pay day, and hope you have the desire to go back years later after football and try and finish it up...

disagree 1000%

I don't know...I'd rather have maybe the last ridiculous rookie contract and sit out a year on the field than come out as a first-round pick subjected to the rookie wage scale being discussed.

There are no more ridiculous rookie contracts to be had. There will be a rookie pay scale implemented in this year's upcoming draft regardless of whether there's a new CBA or no new CBA. Both sides (owners & players) don't want to continue to pay these rookies ungodly amounts of money, when there are veterans out there who have proven themselves and earned their keep. Locker is the one who really screwed the pooch on this one, and should have left last year, when he could have been a top 4 pick at worst and made $40+ million guaranteed. Now he'll be lucky to get a quarter of that money in this year's draft.

There's no reason as to why there won't be a rookie pay scale implemented in this year's draft. The only one's against it are the college kids about to be drafted; however, they have no say in the new CBA.

Archived