Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Luck returning to Stanford

skinsfanindallas88

Yes I heard on Jim Rome

What a shocker, after the season he had his stock was sky high and I thought he'd go pro

So is this going to be his senior season or what? We saw that this did for Locker. Hopefully the same doesn't happen for Luck. He could be losing millions by making this decision.

then again, NFL is in labor uncertainty and there is serious doubt as to a season next year, and he's gotta play somewhere

Yes I heard on Jim Rome

then again, NFL is in labor uncertainty and there is serious doubt as to a season next year, and he's gotta play somewhere

This is very true too...he could be worried about the NFL being here next year then he would have to sit a year. Maybe he wants to go win a National Championship...only go to college once

I guess that means the guy still available to us at 10 will be even lower on the QB rankings now. I wonder if we should stockpile picks/ammunition to trade up in 2012?

I definitely think it could make it tougher to get the QB we want with our #10 pick now.I guess it all depends on what Carolina does but we'll see.

Mcnab's value just shot up.. thank's Luck

Hahaha thats a good point. Lots of teams need a QB this year and with Luck returning that takes one option off. I can't see a QB being taken 1st overall anymore. Mallett and Locker will both be first rounders, but #1 is too high. Mallett will probably be taken top 5 because so many teams need a QB and he is probably the best available.

magical-ball.jpg

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?341891-The-Redskins-current-draft-pick-scenario-now-that-the-McNabb-and-Jamaal-Brown-paramaters-have-come-to-pass&p=8075249#post8075249

December-29th-2010 09:03 PM

Luck may not declare for the Draft this year. He doesn't need the money as his parents have plenty of it. Should make things interesting if he doesn't declare.

Luck just went up ten fold in my estimation.

There's a strong possibility that this would be the last year he could get the guaranteed mega bucks before they restructure the CBA with new rookie caps; and he turns down the money to stay in school and get another years experience.

I really want Locker, but guys with the type of character that Luck appears to have are the type of guys I want on my team.

Hail.

There is probably going to be a rookie salary cap before the next draft. The labor uncertainty means that you should go to the NFL this year, not next year.

He's a smart kid with family money, but still....there is really nothing else for him to accomplish at Stanford. He can't improve his draft stock. If there was a labor stoppage, he could go back to school and get his degree. And his coach may be gone.

Weird.

Archived