Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Things to do/eat/drink in Chicago?

matty dread

Chicago is full of great stuff to see and do. It is one of the small handful of truly interesting American cities.

However, with only a weekend, people need to know more about your interests before making recommendations. For example, the Chicago Art Institute is a world class art museum, but if you don't care about art, you shouldn't go there.

I'm mainly focused on eats and drinks lol

Obviously gotta get some Chicago deepdish pizza, and some authentic Chicago style hot dogs. But I've also heard there are some quality high end steak joints there. As far as the bar scene, looking for some out of the way spots authentic and original to the city. Perhaps a good brew pub?

As far as Pizza goes, you want a "stuffed" pie, not deep dish. They are two different things - and the stuffed is 50 times better than the deepdish. Go to Giordano's, or Edwardo's, or Nancy's.

Best steak joint I know of is Gene and Georgettis (but my info may be out of date).

I don't drink so some of your party crew will have to help you.

Architectural cruize leaves from underneeth the bridge at the beginning of the miracle mile, Michigan Ave. I wiould fly to Chicago just to do that again.

Go the the chicago field museam across from soldier feild and visit the two lions imortalized in the Michael Douglas film Shadow and Darkness. They aite more than 100 people when Britain was building the pan African railway.

St Valentines mascree site, also Al Capone's historical sites.

It's probably wrong for me to say that Lou Malnati's and Giordano's both have good pizza, but sue me. They were both tasty.

You also owe it to yourself to check out a breakfast place called Wildberry that I think is on the north side. Big portions and tasty as hell. Don't let the prices scare you, you get your money's worth.

Chicago dogs are pretty good stuff, and the city is known for Italian Beef as well.

Archived