Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Everyone is a hypocrite so let's hear it

shk75

One thing I see a lot of in the tailgate is people calling each other hypocrites. However, I think we can all agree that we all are hypocrites so I would like to see people admit their hypocrisy. For example:

I consider myself a human rights activist, I think all people are created equal and should be treated so and I have devoted my life to human rights, specifically the right to health care. However, I have a serious problem with homosexuality and find myself uncomfortable around them and when they bring up instances of human rights abuses part of me just wants to tell them to shut up.

Okay I will play this game.

I am totally cool with homosexuality and work with gay people everyday. I have never had a problem with it and think gays should be allowed to get married. About a few years ago my sister has come out of the closet and has brought a girlfriend around during the holidays and such. This has made me uncomfortable and I have never been uncomfortable around gay people. It has ruined a certain kind of adult entertainment viewing for me too. So now I am like gays are cool, just not in my family. I guess I need time to adjust.

I'm sure if I really, really thought about it, I could come up with a whole laundry list of things that make me a hypocrite, but I'm not thinking objectively for one reason or another. The closest thing I can think of is feeling slightly annoyed when people run off useless facts, when I'm guilty of doing the same thing; but even that doesn't always bother me.

Here is another one of mine

I hate loud teenagers they piss me off and I just about avoid places that are full of them but I was the EXACT same way when I was that age.

I don't think that makes you a hypocrite.

Teenagers can be annoying, kids in general can get on your nerves. They're loud, usually obnoxious, and for the most part aren't much more than raging hormones encased in bodies that never get tired.

Including me when I was one of them. ..So, let them yell, and like you said, just go someplace they're not. We all do this. And before they know it they'll be saying how much teenagers get on their nerves, too.

I don't recycle. I'd like to, but there's just not enough room in the house, I don't have a garage, and those open top bins just invite raccoons and worse if you leave them outside. I am all for doing our part to make the planet a better place, but if my part of the planet is so small that I can't stretch my feet out because of the recycling, oh well. Label me a hypocrite.

(I figure I offset it by driving less than 50 miles most weeks.)

~Bang

Alright.

Sure, I joke, and use phrases like " that's gay" with friends ( who aren't homosexual), but being 100 % serious, I can honestly say that I don't have any ill feelings towards homosexuality, or homosexuals in general. Do I agree with it? No. Does it make me uncomfortable? No.

It isn't like they're trying to ask me out on a date, or anything of that nature, so I have no reason to feel uncomfortable around them. They are free to live their life however they see fit, more power to them. They shouldn't have to feel as though they need to hide it from anyone, out of fear of losing their jobs, not getting hired, etc, etc. There are plenty of dbags ( in the workplace especially) that pretty much get away with murder, and are allowed to keep their jobs, and it's not right. I am glad however, that society in general is starting to show progress with issues such as this.

I hate annoying teenagers. Yelling, running around, acting like there's nobody else in the room. But I was, to an extent, that way as well.

Are you still yelling, running around and acting like there's nobody else in the room and you hate others who do the same? That'd make you a hypocrite else your just making a sound decision based on first hand information.

Are you still yelling, running around and acting like there's nobody else in the room and you hate others who do the same? That'd make you a hypocrite else your just making a sound decision based on first hand information.

Yeah I admit it wasn't a good example but get off my lawn lol

No. :ols: But, how can I blame kids for doing it, when I did the same? And I agree. Stay off my lawn!

EDIT: And, I don't have kids. But if/when I did/do, they get smacked for it.

:ols: Dude, you're too young to use that line, that's reserved for the 35+ crowd.

I know but sometimes I feel so old what is happening to me lol. I used to always be like all old people complain about the younger generation its stupid its not getting worse, and then I go and say damn this generation is so much worse than mine. Please I don't want to turn into Abe Simpson help me.

I know but sometimes I feel so old what is happening to me lol. I used to always be like all old people complain about the younger generation its stupid its not getting worse, and then I go and say damn this generation is so much worse than mine. Please I don't want to turn into Abe Simpson help me.

I never understood the get off my lawn issue.

I mean it's grass.

If they are walking in your grass in a path and create a cow path, thats one thing. :ols:

As far as being a hypocrite, I lean right, but believe gays should be left alone.

Archived