Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Which Heisman finalist will have the best NFL career?

Bubble Screen

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

1. Luck. He's one of the most solid quarterbacks I've seen coming out of college.

2. James. If he's put in the right system, he'll tear things up.

3. Newton. The X factor. I put him here because I have no clue how he will pan out, but his talent prevents him from dropping to #4.

4. Moore. Accurate, but has a weak arm. Reminds me of Chad Pennington. Is capable of having some good years, but will be an average quarterback at best.

1 - Luck is going to be a hell of a pro IMO.

2 - Cam Newton , the guy is a much better passer than Young who he is often compared to. (He'd be picture perfect on the skins learning behind McNabb for 2 seasons, though it will never happen)

3 - LaMichael James is TINY for an NFL running back (5-9 185). Not a feature back IMO

4 - Kellen Moore is not a prototypical NFL QB.

1. Luck. He's one of the most solid quarterbacks I've seen coming out of college.

2. James. If he's put in the right system, he'll tear things up.

3. Newton. The X factor. I put him here because I have no clue how he will pan out, but his talent prevents him from dropping to #4.

4. Moore. Accurate, but has a weak arm. Reminds me of Chad Pennington. Is capable of having some good years, but will be an average quarterback at best.

I would list them the exact same way, man.

---------- Post added December-11th-2010 at 04:35 PM ----------

I see Cam's dad has voted.

If you didn't vote for Luck I'm laughing at you right now.

LaMichael James is probably second, smaller RB but certainly has the speed/quickness.

Kellen Moore and Cam Newton are probably tied for me because Newton is an enigma and while Moore doesn't have a strong arm he has all the intangibles and is certainly Moore of a pro-style QB (ZING).

Cam is not the athlete that Vick was in college and I'm not sure he has what it takes to be an NFL QB. He's certainly a talent and I'm sure someone will figure out some way to use him, just not sure where.

1.) Luck, he already plays in a pro style offense, he's big, he can make all the throws an NFL QB is required to make, and he's accurate.

2.) James, the RB position translates very favorably to the pro level, his only issue will be durability. He's not the biggest guy, but his speed/quickness will make up for it.

EDIT damn, 185? He'll have to bulk up considerably, and the issue with that is the possibility that he may lose some burst/acceleration.

3.) Newton, playmaker, big, strong arm, very mobile, but he only has a year of experience at the QB position, and NFL scouts prefer a more seasoned prospect, so the jury's still out on him. He would most likely have to sit for a year or two before he's ready.

4.) Moore, smart, accurate, but he has a noodle arm, and he's not that tall. Height isn't really an indicator of how good or bad a QB can be, evidenced by guys like Drew Brees and Doug Flutie, but it could be an issue when you have 6'5 dlineman that are getting better and better at batting passes down at the NFL level. At best I think he could be a solid QB, not bad, not great.

Barry Sanders was 5'8" 200. He could pan out.

Yeah, but 200 is a far cry from 185, and Barry had a lot of lower body strength also, and he was so elusive that I don't think anyone ever got a good shot on him out of fear of missing the tackle. Also, with that 200, Barry was still fast as hell, theres no telling how fast James will be after he bulks up.

Yeah, but 200 is a far cry from 185, and Barry had a lot of lower body strength also, and he was so elusive that I don't think anyone ever got a good shot on him out of fear of missing the tackle. Also, with that 200, Barry was still fast as hell, theres no telling how fast James will be after he bulks up.

185 is enough to be an x-factor back but I agree, not a feature back.

The only one of the 4 that I'd want, is Andrew Luck, and sadly, unless all of the GM's ahead of us take stupid pills, he's not falling to us.

Yeah, we need a RB and all, but James isn't it. Cam is a project. Moore isn't gonna be much of an NFL QB. I love the Luck guy. But I hate the Panthers. I don't want him to end up there either!

Yeah, we need a RB and all, but James isn't it. Cam is a project. Moore isn't gonna be much of an NFL QB. I love the Luck guy. But I hate the Panthers. I don't want him to end up there either!

Yeah if Luck goes to the Panthers, they will be a force to be reckoned with. I had some conversations with my buddies about this. They seem to believe that the Panthers shouldn't take Luck because of the fact that they drafted Clausen/Pike last year, but when you really look at it, the biggest problem position for the Pathers, is QB. When you have a sure thing like Luck, you cannot pass on him, period, no matter what your situation is.

Archived