Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gameday

Posse81

Originally posted by Posse81

8+ months of waiting and its here tomorrow night. The biggest game we have had in sometime. So...

Where are you watching the game?

What will you be eating?

And of course, what will you be drinking?

Discuss...

In the rain at Fedex

typical grill food

what ever you bring me to drink :cheers::pint:

:D

Going straight from work down to the Mall, watching Britney, crossing fingers that she makes out with Mary J. Blige, heading to the metro at 8:05pm. Mention to friend on metro ride that "I have a good feeling about this game." Get home, 8:30, pace around living room for a while...drink...mention to housemate that "we always lose National TV games...I have a bad feeling"...drink...drink...remark to housemates about how morbidly obeise Aretha Franklin is, take Skins cap off for National Anthem...drink...drink...remark that John Madden's neck fat covers the knot of his tie...drink...mention that Lisa Guererro used to tag Marcus Allen and that he "probably threw a lot of leg in his day"...drink...coin toss (tails, always tails)...kickoff...

Speedwagon...here is the schedule of events per NFL.com:

5:30 p.m. - DJ Scribble and DJ Riz Perform Onstage

6 p.m. - Crowd Welcome – Mayor of D.C., Joe Theismann and Joe Namath

6:15 p.m. - Redskins Cheerleaders Performance

6:25 p.m. - Good Charlotte

7:20 p.m. - Mary J. Blige

7:45 p.m. - Britney Spears

8:15 p.m. - John Madden and Al Michaels from FedEx Field

8:25 p.m. - Aerosmith

8:55 p.m. - Aretha Franklin performs the National Anthem

9:08 p.m. - New York Jets vs. Washington Redskins broadcast from FedEx Field

First, I'm going to wake up. Say "This is it. This is the day!"

I'm then going to go to work. Click on extreme, check out ganggreen, check out CPND, then drink some water. Or walk around or do something, anything to keep my legs from bouncing and hands shaking in anticipation. My boss is going to ask "What's wrong?" to which I will reply in short bursts "NOTHING! NOTHING'S WRONG!" I'll then start laughing uncomfortably lound and get some more water.

I'll be like that all 8 hours.

You know the feeling. You feel like a bomb waiting to explode. But no one is there to press the detonator.

Impatient. Nervous. Excited. All these feelings are having a massive war inside your body.

The wait is unbearable.

You can't stay still.

Your stomach churns.

It's torture, but

I like it.

I'm not getting off early so the debates with 2 Dallas fans and 1 Falcon fans continues until 5:30 finally arrives. I'll rush out. I'll then curse the elevator for stoping on every floor. When I arrive home, I'm going straight to my closet. Take a few deep breaths. Put on sun shades. Open the closet. Wait for the light to die down a bit. Pull out my Coles jersey and put it on. 980 and/or WJFK will be blaring as I either play the Jet-Redskins game on Madden 2004 or watch some of the pregame shows and activities. If I take the Metro, I'll be leaving around 7:00-7:15 or so. If I drive or get a ride, I'll leave around 8:00. Either way, I arrive at the stadium at 8:15. Hmmm....no rain. Good. I walk slowly to keep my heart from pounding out of my chest. "This is it."

I'll be wearing my 75th anniversary Champ Bailey jersey.

At the sportsbar with a bunch of Skins fans(jets fans too)

I have a bunch of buy on appetizer get one free coupons so I am guessing, Chips/dip, wings, garlic bread..etc..

Probably wash it all down with some Sam Adams or Hefwiezen.

Working till about 5:30-6:00 am. Catch plane at Charlotte-Douglass International at 8:15 am. Arrive at BWI 9:35 am. Get to in-laws approximately 10:15 am. Load rest of crap into truck. Drive to Arlington friend's home approx. 1:00 pm. Say hi to friend and family, then drive to best friend's home Linconia approx. 3:00 pm. Load tailgate gear and don 75th anniversary #21 SMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT! jersey approx. 3:30 pm. Arrive FedEx parking lot 5:00-5:30 pm. Eat london broil and all the fixins, drink Dos Equis, and smoke Cuban cigar(s) 5:45-8:15 pm. Enter FedEx fully bloated, pray to the great God of Burgundy and Gold, and then SCREAM MY F-ING HEAD OFF FOR NEXT 4 HOURS!!!

Originally posted by Posse81

I'll bring some beer for the guests, but I'm kicking the season off with some hard liquor. I'll probably take a couple of swigs on the train over to the stadium and am leaning towards the Trotter jersey.

:rasta:

Do you need us to provide any mixers??? :cheers:

I'll be in my Samuels jersey, and 70th anniversary spear hat. My 2 year old will be in his Champ jersey and darrell green hat. I'll be drinking Johnny Walker and water at the start but probably be drinking it straight by halftime.

I'll be on my back deck by the pool with the TV set up on the outside bar. My wife will hide the remote so it wont "fall" out of my hands again.

Archived