Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lots of hype, but.....

Skins24

what exactly did Seattle prove last year to put pressure on them to show 'it' was not a fluke? :laugh:

I don't remember seeing them in the playoffs or finishing with 10 wins.

So the Seahawks proved by the end of the year they were a .500 team, big deal.

With parity that just puts them in range of the top 22 or 23 teams in the league :)

Originally posted by bulldog

what exactly did Seattle prove last year to put pressure on them to show 'it' was not a fluke? :laugh:

I don't remember seeing them in the playoffs or finishing with 10 wins.

So the Seahawks proved by the end of the year they were a .500 team, big deal.

With parity that just puts them in range of the top 22 or 23 teams in the league :)

Exactly.

I don't understand why people are so high on them....

But most predictions have them as the "surprise" team, go fig.

(8 of the "experts" on espn have them in the playoffs - 2 even have them winning the west)

well they have a pretty good players at wr and rb and they put up huge numbers last year. alexander in the beginning of the year and hasselback later in the year. their defense should be improved with ray rhodes (imo the best DC in football). i don't see them dominating but they could easily be 10-6 or 6-10. kinda reminds you of us.

Seattle has been a trendy pick for the last 5 years or so, it seems. I think it has something to do with Holmgren.

It's probably the same thing that makes people pick the Broncos to do well, even though it has been clearly demonstrated that they aren't much different than the Redskins since Elway has retired. And they spend just as much, if not more, money. Shanahan's glow mesmerizes the pundits.

Seattle seems like the new-aged Cardinals from the late 90's. They were pretty good and made it to the playoffs that one year, and for the next couple of years the "experts" didn't want to let go of the fact that it was a one year wonder deal. I think the Seahawks are much better than that Cardinal team, but I still wouldn't put any money on the SeaHawks.

Originally posted by Tom [Giants fan]

Don't be sorry, the more doubters the Giants have the better they will do.

Well until the G-men can prove that a Fassell coached team can have good back-to-back season's, most will pick them to flop behind a playoff year. Check his history. Never two consecutive good years in New York. I see 7-9 in NY's future.:cool:

The Giants success will hinge on how well that patchwork OL holds up. While they did a great job getting the maximum out of their OL last season I think New York will be in for a rude awakening in 2003. Their situation reminds me a lot of the Redskins of 2001 where our collection of mostly rejects on OL held up well only to crumble the following season.

Collins won't have much time to throw the ball this year and we all know how he plays under pressure.

Originally posted by Tom [Giants fan]

I am a Giants, Yankees, Islanders, Knicks fan.

My one brother is a Jets, Mets, Islanders, Nets fan.

My other brother is a Steelers, Mets, Islanders, doesn't watch basketball fan.

My nephew is a Rams :evil: , Mets, Islanders, no basketball fan.

I don't think there is a set criteria.

Its Jets and Mets together, that seems to be the real correlation. Of all the NYers I know its those two teams that seem to be paired together.

And, begging the pardon of your obviously Islander-loving clan, my experience is that the Rangers usually are included with Mets/Jets.

Not a NYer myself but my wife, her 7 siblings, and their assorted mates and offspring are from Long Island, I mean from The Island.

Archived