Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Baily

Heavy Jumbo

Well, even if that is the case, he will most likely play his a$$ off to get the biggest contract possible. Either way, it seems most likely that this situation will culminate in the Skins franchising Champ. And, as valuable as a top three corner is in this league, I don't see too many teams that will be willing to give up two first round picks for Champ.

In the short term, the Skins are in a pretty good spot here.

My worry about this is that we have set aside cap space THIS YEAR by cutting BDW to resign Champ. If we don't get the deal done this season, then we loose that cap room and will have cut BDW's salary for no reason.

Maybe we can redo Lavar or someone else to take advantage of the cap space, but I'd rather see Bailey resigned and use the cap space for what it was set aside for.

Originally posted by redskin56

My worry about this is that we have set aside cap space THIS YEAR by cutting BDW to resign Champ. If we don't get the deal done this season, then we loose that cap room and will have cut BDW's salary for no reason.

Maybe we can redo Lavar or someone else to take advantage of the cap space, but I'd rather see Bailey resigned and use the cap space for what it was set aside for.

Or we become like the Eagles. Keep the space and then it multiplies into more cap room for next year :D

I beleive we also have planned to have the appropriate cap room available in order to franchise Roland "Champ" Bailey next year--that being the average of the 5 highest paid at his position. I'm often critical of the FO, but in this case, I think they've handled this well.

Archived