Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN experts

jbooma

Its been a safe bet the last 9 or so years to pick against us going to the playoffs. Until we prove we are a good team its a safe bet to still bet against us.

Im cautiously optimistic. I must be a major homer because every year Im telling myself that we are going to the playoffs. This year being no different Im just praying harder this year....

Why is there a consensus that the Titans are headed to the Super Bowl? Did I miss something? As much as I like Steve McNair and think he is the most under-rated QB in the NFL...Eddie George is finished, their receivers suck and they made no major offseason acquisitions. Is this just the chic pick this season?

Yeah, I don't know why the Titans are getting so much dap this year. I guess they think Mason will stay healthy all season and be a top 10 wr, Drew Bennett and Tyrone Calico will pick up the rest of the receptions, Eddie George will be back to his 1999 form, McNair will run like vick, and the Freak will prove that that one year wasn't a "freak" occurrance.

I completely agree about the Titans. I mean, am I missing something? This is one team that slides under the radar and gets their wins somehow but I can't see them being a SuperBowl winner this year or contender even at that.

I just don't see how many of those hacks are picking the Titans to go all the way.

BTW - Does anyone hate that fat ass Mike Golic as much as I do?? That fatbody annoys the living hell out of me. Mark Schlereth, too.

The Titans just have a flat-out good team. They are the anti-Redskins when it comes to roster building. They don't chase every pretty 'name' that comes available. They're very tight against the cap.

They tend to build around strong interior lines on both offense and defense. They have depth on the lines as well.

They're not flashy, but their WRs are capable. Mason's vastly underrated and both McCareins and Calico showed a lot in preseason. They have depth at QB - both Volek and Gesser had good preseasons.

I think they'll be the team to beat in the AFC. By the way, they had the kind of draft I dream of. They got Woolfork in the first, even though they're o.k. at CB. They got Calico in the second and, amazingly, Rien Long dropped to them in the 4th. So they get an Outland Trophy winner (he was, wasn't he?) and they say he's doing fine.

They almost never draft high because they usually make the playoffs yet fill in their roster each year.

The team has been slowly built and the core players stick around.

Originally posted by TennesseeCarl

The Titans just have a flat-out good team. They are the anti-Redskins when it comes to roster building. They don't chase every pretty 'name' that comes available. They're very tight against the cap.

They tend to build around strong interior lines on both offense and defense. They have depth on the lines as well.

They're not flashy, but their WRs are capable. Mason's vastly underrated and both McCareins and Calico showed a lot in preseason. They have depth at QB - both Volek and Gesser had good preseasons.

Sounds eerily similar to the Eagles if you ask me. I think the Titans will represent the AFC in the SB this year. Most likely playing the Rams.

Theismann is generally very positive about the Redskins each year. But he has backed off predicting they will make the playoffs the last couple of years, because the team has disappointed. And he doesn't want to be perceived as a homer every year. :)

I heard him talking on a preseason game about all the Redskin speed, but he qualified his statement by saying he hasn't been out to Redskin Park yet. :)

Mort wasnt on there, he would have picked us, same with Suzy

Brain Cox was givin us mad props last night on NFL Live, saying how smart we were for keeping only two QB's, and he said its a fact that Coles will catch 90+ balls this year.

They should ask Brian Cox!

Originally posted by Tom [Giants fan]

Is it me or does Joe Thiesmann not show a lot of loyalty to the Redskins? I don't hear him talking about them too much. And I don't hear him praising them a lot either. Weird coming from a former star of that team.

Weird maybe, but refreshing. To many people blow their ex-team's horn or use the terms "When I played (:puke: Michael Irvin and Dallas come to mind...what a nightmare!)."

Originally posted by bubba9497

ESPN experts = oxymoron

haha, hilarious!!!

But on the titans note, I dont blame them for picking the Titans. I mean, they're not a great team on paper, not a lot of superstars or anything, but they win games. I mean they were in the AFC championship game last year for Christ sake. They almost won it too. I would give them a lot of credit this year, and with all the problems in Oakland this year, the safe pick for the AFC seems to be Tennessee.

Archived