Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fedex Parking Question

ctrice

Ok, I have been away from the board for awhile so this may have been discussed at length but here goes anyway.

Where is the best place to park if you do not have a parking pass? I prefer not to do Metro because it screws up the whole tailgating thing. I use to do the Big Church lot but I know that is gone. Is the Cap Center lot and shuttle OK? Is there a cash lot within a reasonable walk being offered by a local business(es)?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I went to the Pats game and saw an old car dealership charging $20 for parking. If you come in to the stadium off of Landover Rd and make a left at Redskins Rd it will be on your right. This is what Redskins.com says:

Cash Parking

As a result of ongoing construction at USAir Arena and the adjoining parking area, new cash parking options have been implemented to accommodate Redskins fans on game day.

The new lots are located directly across the street from the old USAir Arena—along McCormick Drive and Apollo Drive. To access the new lots, fans follow the same traffic patterns as last year off the Washington Beltway (Exit 15A—Route 214 East; and Exit 17A—Route 202 East).

Shuttle buses will transport fans from the parking lots to FedExField. Fans DO NOT have to walk further to the shuttle pick-up points than in previous years.

This new parking plan will provide you with a managed and easy parking experience. More parking spaces are available than in previous years. But to get the most benefit out of this new parking system, we recommend that you leave for the games early.

Permit Parking

Please display your parking permit when parking in a permit lot. Without a parking permit, you will not be allowed at FedExField and will be directed to a cash parking lot.

Parking at Jericho City of Praise church—formerly a cash lot—is now a permit parking lot on game day. Fans must have a parking permit to use Jericho City of Praise church parking.

Archived