Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I'm tired of the negativity! Sick of it!

Potato Sack

Quotes like "If the jets score 14 we're in trouble" pisses me off. We're gonna win this year! We have a great QB and a great core of WRs. We have a kick-@ss D and the O-Line is starting to gel. Do I really need to mention that our RBs aren't that shabby either, whether we lost Watson or not?

I swear to God, there're gonna be a lot of people on my ignore list by the time this season is over.

Be positive for crying out loud. I have a feeling a lot of you "fans" with morose feelings about the 'Skins will be posting how GREAT we are come Sept 5th when we win our first game. I'll be sure to post a curt reply to each and every one of those threads when they start popping up.

DITTO DITTO DITTO.... I am so tired of hearing so many people down Spurrier, how they practice, our defence stinks... etc Were all skins fans and we stand behind our team until the end!!

Our 2003 team has now been established & its what we have for this year!! Lets hit the positive! Beacuse positive breads positive!

Who are we to judge so aggressively, some here maybe more qualified but I am sure are not! To voice your concern is your freedom to do but to bash your so called beloved team is just flat out WRONG!

I like many other Redskin fans have been a finatic fan since, well if you will birth! It pains me like a dagger entering my body when we lose or look bad in games, I want the playoffs/superbowl as bad as anyone.

What will Spurrier become in the NFL, I am not sure but just like the last two coaches, Marty, & Norv I stand behind my team till the end!!!

Go SKINS!! Smile its contagious!! :D

Skinster!!!

Skin 4 Life

Originally posted by Blondie

Yeah GoSkins!!

I am bookmarking this thread.......for later use.

Blondie

Don't know what got into me. I just snapped.

But, seriously, we need to embrace the fact that we have potential to make the playoffs. And I'm not going to believe it will be next year or the year after. I'm putting my money on THIS year.

HTTR :cheers:

BTW, that's a nice picture of you in that sig, Blondie. Where'd ya learn how to dance like that? :silly:

:dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for creating this thread. I have been here on Extremeskins for about a year and the last week has been the most annoying experience that I have had with Extremeskins.

There is so much negativity it sucks. I am so amazed that the season has not even started yet so many are down on Spurrier... based on what?? We havent played a game yet.

The Skins have a crazy tough schedule for the first 6 weeks of the season, but it gets a whole lot easier the last 10 weeks. I wouldn't be supprised if we have a rough start, but I honestly feel like this years team CAN be a playoff team.

Spurrier has been a winner at each place he has coached. This one will be no different. I'll soon be using my "ignore user" button as well because some of the comments and negativity are bordering on nuts.

The Skins have a crazy tough schedule for the first 6 weeks of the season, but it gets a whole lot easier the last 10 weeks. I wouldn't be supprised if we have a rough start, but I honestly feel like this years team CAN be a playoff team.

And you know what? We could quite possibly go 4-2 or 3-3 right off the bat. There's really nothing wrong with that record considering the teams we're facing at the beginning. And then it's all down hill from there.

:cheers:

Originally posted by GoSkins

And you know what? We could quite possibly go 4-2 or 3-3 right off the bat. There's really nothing wrong with that record considering the teams we're facing at the beginning. And then it's all down hill from there.

I totally agree with you, I'd be thrilled with a 3-3 record after the first six games, yet there are some posters here with the mentality that Spurrier should be fired if that happens...:doh:

Hey, my glass is always half full and such. I'm in. Little tired of the...er.....birds looking up at the sky thing myself. At least wait till the season starts. And GoSkins, hope this means the corner has been turned. Looking forward to a good season.

My first post here.I post on the other board sometimes.It's negative as of late there also.

The only way everyone will stop griping and complaining is for our team to win.

People on these boards over analize every little thing that happens and I can understand that.It's cool to talk about evey aspect of our team and things around it.

I want to support our team.I'm not a homer and dont agree with everything that the FO does.I just want us to win we've been suffering to long!

Just a fan.

Originally posted by paul55

My first post here.I post on the other board sometimes.It's negative as of late there also.

The only way everyone will stop griping and complaining is for our team to win.

People on these boards over analize every little thing that happens and I can understand that.It's cool to talk about evey aspect of our team and things around it.

I want to support our team.I'm not a homer and dont agree with everything that the FO does.I just want us to win we've been suffering to long!

Just a fan.

Great first post, paul!! BTW...my rl name is Paul...so, from one Paul to another...

:welcome:

Hey GoSkins, thanks for turning on the damn light in here. I am relatively new here – but this has been the most trying couple of weeks I have experienced getting through all the “bad news” posts. Not that everyone isn’t entitled to their opinion – that’s what makes this a great place to be; but in the end – as Skins fans we have to be believers, or what the hell is it all for. I know it’s hard sometimes to keep my chin up, but then I don’t live in Cincinnati, Detroit, Cleveland, Arizona, etc…. (assuming one roots for the home team). I’m a Redskins fan, and I have a long winning tradition to draw upon and to take pride in.

Go Redskins ! !

:cheers: :applause: :dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck :applause: :cheers:

Guys, I agree there's been some negativity of late, but I think saying 'everybody' is down on this team before a regular season snap is a bit much. Other than a few rather bizarre threads regarding impatience with Spurrier, most here are homers to the extreme (I proudly count myself amongst them). Yesterday was a disappointing day for many in seeing Watson released. Bemoaning that decision is hardly being 'negative', in fact it comes from a good place, the belief that we let a guy go who could help us win. I also think the loss of Noble caused some concern (and I think rightfully so). But overall, you've got plenty of room on the playoff bandwagon.

99% of all of the muckraking around here is due to the tension building for Thursday night. Win or lose, once the season's underway, we'll start to see a little more balance and reason around here. Have you noticed most of the management has remained silent of late? Think that might indicate a higher intelligence? :laugh:

Originally posted by Tarhog

Guys, I agree there's been some negativity of late, but I think saying 'everybody' is down on this team before a regular season snap is a bit much. Other than a few rather bizarre threads regarding impatience with Spurrier, most here are homers to the extreme (I proudly count myself amongst them). Yesterday was a disappointing day for many in seeing Watson released. Bemoaning that decision is hardly being 'negative', in fact it comes from a good place, the belief that we let a guy go who could help us win. I also think the loss of Noble caused some concern (and I think rightfully so). But overall, you've got plenty of room on the playoff bandwagon.

99% of all of the muckraking around here is due to the tension building for Thursday night. Win or lose, once the season's underway, we'll start to see a little more balance and reason around here. Have you noticed most of the management has remained silent of late? Think that might indicate a higher intelligence? :laugh:

Actually, the Watson thing isn't negativity at all. That was just a bizarre move if you ask me. The negativity I'm speaking of are the ones that are similar to the reply at the beginning of this thread. Go back and read it.

Seems to me this thread got everyone fired up and optimistic. Sometimes you need threads like this one. Hell, it gets me fired up too. ;)

Optimistic...pessimistic...ambivalent. If it's discussion of the Redskins, it's probably appropriate.

The front office hasn't delivered a product to be giddy over in a long, long time so it's hard to have a lot of faith just now.

While we've had a nice off-season, the pre-season games haven't answered our questions at some key positions so there's a lot of trepidation as we approach Thursday.

I'm naturally a pessimist (I don't like that about myself, but I'd being lying if I represented myself otherwise) but I see some things to feel good about. We've finally passed through the 'Waiting for Westbrook To Emerge' period and built a formidable WR corps. We addressed our offensive line, often a game killer last year. We finally, finally got a PK. And I think our D-line will be much better than folks think.

But the final cuts were hard...harder than usual because I think many felt that Kenny Watson earned his roster spot. And Danny W. just ignites strong feelings both pro and con. News of a schism between Snyder-Cerrato and Spurrier is not comforting.

In short, there's plenty to be both optimistic and pessimistic about. I'd say that the questions will be laid to rest once the season starts, but you all know that'd be pure B.S.

We'll argue every little point all year long. That's what we fans do.

btw...did you ever stop to think that criticism can come precisely because high standards and expectations are set? don't reflexively believe that not toting the party line means anti-Redskins. we all get stoked for the games. we all find it hard to work the day of the game. we all find it hard to concentrate the day after a loss. we all feel better after a victory.

EXPECTATIONS.....son....EXPECTATIONS.......and professionalism.

Archived