Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

David Terrell????

Nicealot

I imagine we'll see him more in coverage packages as a dime CB-- his natural position-- than as a safety. He's really the only experienced DB we have back there with Bauman, Lott, Jimoh, and Franz. I'm actually hoping we pick up an experiencd CB off the waiver wire and release Franz.

Though I understand your point Buddha, he couldn't even make the team as the third or fourth corner under Marty two seasons ago, and would have been cut if not for the dire need of a sefety. IMO, the experement has failed, and Terrell should have been in the same cab as Danny laeving Redskins Park..........

We know what Terrell can do:doh:...........give someone else a chance to blow his coverage asignments:rolleyes:

If nothing else, Terrell is a keeper for his ability on special teams, especially since Kato is now a Gint. And Buddha is right (naturally), he's a solid dime corner. When Schotferbrains made him a safety, he still utilized more like a 3rd CB with Champ and Darrell going man to man.

Originally posted by Nicealot

How does this guy continue to keep a roster spot? He is such a liability.

I suppose he has to stay for now for want of a better option. This is his last year, though, as the Skins will address the safety position as part of their continued rebuilding. I used to think he was as bad as Stanley "The Sherrif" Richard (a.k.a. Barney Fife and Speed Bump). Now I know he is worse because Richard, at least, had the heart to attempt to a tackle. That's why he got run over so often. Terrell can't cover and he won't even try to hit anyone. I hope the Skins will pick up another hard-hitting safety some time soon but I suspect we'll have to live with Terrell for one more season.

Originally posted by riggo-toni

If nothing else, Terrell is a keeper for his ability on special teams, especially since Kato is now a Gint. And Buddha is right (naturally), he's a solid dime corner. When Schotferbrains made him a safety, he still utilized more like a 3rd CB with Champ and Darrell going man to man.

I wish you hadn't mentioned Kato. Cutting him is still one of my pet peeves. He is a great special teams player and he should be on this team.

Archived