Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How critical is the Jets game for you guys?

boozeman3

Once again, dear friends, we are bitter rivals with similar issues.

If Washington loses to a clearly weakened Jet football club...what are the raminications?

I think you SHOULD win, but that does not mean a damn thing when the lights come on.

Just want some thought on the topic.

Originally posted by Bufford T Justice

In reality.....it means the most the season...behind our games with Dallas...then NY & Philly....then the rest of the NFC teams we face....then the teams we faced in past Superbowls.

Basically, the Jets are at the bottom of my list.

Bufford...so getting off to a good start is not at the top of your list? The Jets are very beatable.

I find it shocking that you would approach the season in this frame of mind.

Stay calm my friends. These are trying times, but there is no need to panic.

In the unlikely event that the Skins lose on Thursday I have issued standing orders to our armed forces to immediately launch all land, sea and air based global thermo-nuclear weapons to cleanse the earth of all our enemies at home and abroad.

Hallelujah!

you want to win every game but I'd rather have a strong finish than a strong start.....if the record is the same one way or another.

I want to win this game......bad. but I know that we want the division and conference games more than a grudge match. Those carry more weight on your playoff chances

Originally posted by BallCoachSpurrier

Stay calm my friends. These are trying times, but there is no need to panic.

In the unlikely event that the Skins lose on Thursday I have issued standing orders to our armed forces to immediately launch all land, sea and air based global thermo-nuclear weapons to cleanse the earth of all our enemies at home and abroad.

Hallelujah!

Sig GIF hypnotic...must not stare...must fight it...ah what the hell.

Sweet.:cheers:

I think it's crucial. The league is down on the Redskins, the media, and the players themselves are uneasy. A win solves alot of ills... a blowout even better.

If we loose, every segement and every news article questions our team... our talent... our coaches..... our scheme. Spurrier is questioned, Ramsey is scrutinized.... F.O. is heckled.

NO...we need a win.... a big win preferably.... to make a statement we're dangerous.

To me it means a lot because i would like us to get off 1-0. Especially cause we have tough games after you all with Atlanta and Philly and the first 6 weeks or more are just hell! So we need to get as many wins as we can. I also think the first week is so important to win for confidence. But then again we won last year in the first week and then fell apart in the second.

Originally posted by Cskin

I think it's crucial. The league is down on the Redskins, the media, and the players themselves are uneasy. A win solves alot of ills... a blowout even better.

If we loose, every segement and every news article questions our team... our talent... our coaches..... our scheme. Spurrier is questioned, Ramsey is scrutinized.... F.O. is heckled.

NO...we need a win.... a big win preferably.... to make a statement we're dangerous.

What?

You mean to say that the Redskins are the most maligned team in the NFL? Please, dude. Get over it.

You all appear to miss the obvious fawning you received when Gibbs was in his hey-day.

Welcome to the rest of the pack. Relish the ridicule. It only makes you stronger.

This game is huge, but not necessarily in the overall scheme of things, but psychologically. I think this team needs a win to prove to themselves that they're not the stupid-mistake-prone, fumbling, bumbling team that they showed themselves to be all last year and some of this pre-season.

I expected some mistakes in pre-season, and still expect some during the season. We had tremendous turnover again this year. But the nice thing is we locked down a lot players for a few years, so I EXPECT us to be constantly improving in this area. That's what I want to see.

Yea. What he ^ said. (Boy did I tell him :silly: ). Well, I would think that after so much talk during the offseason, a win would be kind of important to S.S. and the team. For me personaly? Well, I'm not going to kick the cat, go up on the roof with a magnum, or even drink alot, ( do that regardless :silly: ), but I will be mildly put out. :D

:cheers:

I feel that we need to be 4-3, or at least 3-4, at the break to have a shot at the playoffs. A weakened Jets team at home probably needs to count as one of those wins.

In that sense, it is very important. However, if we were to lose the game, it doesn't mean we still couldn't finish at the least 3-4. As with any loss though, the road would only get tougher.

Archived