Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We'll Be Fine

jimster

I think we'll be alot better than some people here are stressing over.

-I really liked Watson, but Betts is the better way to go. He was a running back in college, Watson was a WR low on the depth chart in college, Betts was a 2nd round draft pick, Betts was paid a $2 million signing bonus and Betts seems to be a little stronger of a runner. Unfortunatley Watson will probably be in a Lions uiniform by next week.

- I cannot believe the assumptions some people on this board come up with about Synder. If Snyder had to intervene with the final say about Wuerfful, then I trust his decision was in the best interest of the team, and not because he wants everyone to know he's the boss. Snyder will do whatever necessary for the good of this team. The fact that Synder and Vinny allowed Wuerfful to come to camp shows they had nothing against the guy and were willing to give him a shot.

I also believe we will be signing a 3rd QB in the coming weeks and will let go LB Orantes Grant or OL Whiney. Maybe we'll pick up Cliff Kingsbury if New England releases him or Todd Husak.

-The story with Lavar argiung with the coaching staff- I don't see that happening, much less him being anywhere near the coaches meeting on a Friday night.

I think we're in good shape. I like the fact we're keeping McCullogh and I think his speed for special teams may have been the deciding factor on keeping him, not to mention he could turn out to be starter for us in a couple of years.

I hate seeing some good guys go too, like Watson, but we've all been through this before. I just would have liked to see Wood**** make the roster and put Russell on IR or something - he's definately not ready.

Let's look forward to Thursday's game:cheers:

Im gonna have to take some prozac after reading this board today. Get a grip people! We are not in the front office so why even act like we know whats going on or who is fighting with who?

If all the media people start talking bad about us Im gonna blame this board because if they read this site and got a bunch of ammo. Heck PWF could put out quite a few articles from us:laugh:

We are talking about backups being released. I dont think there is much difference between Betts and Watson. Only thing us armchair qb's should be somewhat upset over is the fact that we didnt trade Watson, just cut him with no compensation.

Yesterday I was so pumped after reading stories here about what everyone was gonna do this weekend and the days leading to the game because we are so EXCITED about the games and then today the Hyde came out in us.

Im not gonna get worked up over things not in my control. Im just gonna wait inpatiently for next thursday when all the STARTERS who have NOT been cut will be playing the Jets!

SF56, I agree with everything you said except one thing. There was no way any team would have given us any compensation for a RB. We were a team that had 5 tailbacks so teams knew one of them would be released.

As for everything else...you're dead on!!!! Let's just be excited about what Trung and Patrick and the rest of the STARTERS are going to do and not worry about which backup got cut.

Bring on the Jets!

The reality is simple, most of us on this board are spoiled, myself included. We all grew up watching the skins a little before and throughout the Gibbs era. 3 bowls, three quarterbacks, errror free football, etc etc...We had a bunch of no-name players who overachieved. It is that simple. I mean from the Hogs, to Don Warren, Clint didier, Safety's named Mark Murphy and so forth. Monk to Dexter and Charles Mann. I mean the football gods truly shined on the redskins for a long time. That being said, I am excited for thursday night. I live in New York, and am surrounded by Jets and Giants fans. That means nothing to me, for I am aHARDCORE SKINS FAN UNTIL I DIE. I am not a bandwagoner, nor a fairweathered fan. Thank goodness nerv torner is gone...i always used to say "NERV gets NORVOUS" EXAMPLE: LIONS VS SKINS, 2ND HALF....NO SIGHTING OF STEPHEN DAVIS...NUF SAID....

In closing what I am trying to say is this: Our owner wants to win, our coach loathes losing in anything (art of war) and we have crazy tradition. I am so excited about PR and the offense that I cant stand it. The defense I think will be just fine as well. In closing, I agree that we'll be fine. Just Fine. LAST THOUGHT.....THIS WEB SITE KEEPS ME GOING. LIVING IN NYC, I AM TIRED OF HEARING ABOUT TIKI AND SHOCKEY....THEY BLOW....GO SKINS.

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS. PAST PRESENT FUTURE.

SHOUT OUT TO REGAN.....IN HAYMARKET...TELL PATTI AND THE GIRLS I SAID HI!

the taste of the pudding is in the eating :)

I have been watching the Skins since Allen's first year and the successful coaches and organization's I have seen have established a clear plan and then followed it.

This team has made more changes in the past 4 years than any other, so despite a core of talented younger players we haven't made any progress in the W-L column.

We are now on what is described as a mini-3 year program to keep talent and get over the hump before Spurrier's last contract year.

I am holding the team and Snyder to it. This is the coach he wanted. This evidently is the GM by default he wanted in Cerrato.

Now it is time to start winning some games :)

Good execution, fewer penalties, better field smarts.

All this is expected in 2003, at least by this fan :D

I am a huge Watson supporter and a fellow PSU alum, but if it came to Betts/Watson, I would take Betts. To me he has a bigger upswing and i think he is gonna be damn good. If it came down to Watson/Sultan, sorry, but Sultan deserved the spot. Watson did not show enough in camp or pre-season to justify ousting Betts and did not play as well as Sultan on the offense or special teams.

actually, if you look at it from the perspective of a Gibbs or Parcells, Kenny Watson would have made this team :)

the argument that McCullough really 'beat him out' by rushing for some yardage against second-teamers in the preseason is as some have said 'ridicerlous' :laugh:

Watson got half a look last season and showed perhaps more than was expected. He was a 110% percent player and that would have counted for something.

I have no allusions that Watson was a budding 1,600 yard back, however, the thought posted by some that McCullough is an Emmitt Smith type in the rough is as equally 'ridicerous' :laugh:

I think the only reason Watson didn't make the team is not because he lacks talent or heart, but because Betts is the same guy, but better. Maybe alot better in his second season, and the team has more invested in him. I don't imply McCullogh is the future, though he could be, but I see him being valuable on special teams this year, which the coaching staff seems committed to improving this year ...which is fine by me.

SHOUT OUT TO REGAN.....IN HAYMARKET...TELL PATTI AND THE GIRLS I SAID HI! [/b]

Whazzup brother? Just got back from Outer Banks today and will be at Jets Game on Thursday. We'll whip em up real good so you can stick it to those stinking New York fans. Agreed we were spoiled during Gibbs years. Sun Tzu may be laying one on us right now to rough up the defensive coordinators.

My other half read some of the threads here and said the following.

"Your team was 7-9 last year and about the same for what 4 years?"

I said "yeah but", then she interrupted me with

So you have players that MIGHT be good enough to make the Raiders roster as 2nd stringers (Champ and lavar dont count, her words) who havent won anything and your guys are upset about a benchwarmer getting cut?

Originally posted by NavyDave

My other half read some of the threads here and said the following.

"Your team was 7-9 last year and about the same for what 4 years?"

I said "yeah but", then she interrupted me with

So you have players that MIGHT be good enough to make the Raiders roster as 2nd stringers (Champ and lavar dont count, her words) who havent won anything and your guys are upset about a benchwarmer getting cut?

:rolleyes: How about Trotter, Samuels, Jansen, Thomas, and Coles for example. I guess none of them count either.

Archived