Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Can anyone remember the NFC being this wide open? (Skins knocking on door)

CliffBattles

It seems any team can look great or horrible any given week.

Who is at the top? Falcons and Bears?

The Skins seem to be in a group that comes right after that, a large group.....which would include Giants, Eagles, Packers, Saints, and Tampa.

Then teams that have poor records, but could probably "turn it on" and get back in the hunt: Dallas and the Vikings.....also, don't sleep on the Lions.....yes, the Lions.

Heck, the Cardinals haven't looked good.....but they still have three wins.

Carolina is the only team that looks horrible. The 49ers are 0-5, but with a weak schedule coming up, they could easily turn it around and win the West which looks like one of the weakest divisions ever.

No team looks dominant.....at all. With all these teams in a big mixed bag. Coaching is gonna make big differences. If we can continue squeaking out victories, especially in our division....then we may be sitting pretty at the end of it all.

I said yesterday that only the Panthers and 49ers seem to be out of it right now. And its hard to rule out the 49ers because their division is so bad. The Lions are 1-4, but have been in every game they've played.

I don't think I can honestly say the Falcons and Bears are the 2 best teams in the NFC.

The favorites coming into the season, Saints, Cowboys, Packers, and Vikings, have been far from dominant. I have no idea what to expect and it makes it even harder to figure out with the NFC East and NFC North playing each other this year. Would it shock anyone if the best team in the NFC finished with an 11-5 record?

I'd say not since 2000 when if we'd hadn't alienated Brad Johnson we could have made a run and gotten to the Super Bowl. A banged up St. Louis, Philly, Tampa Bay before their time, The NFC champion? New York Giants led by Kerry Collins, Tiki Barber and Jason Seehorn? Lame.

If we can win 2 out of the next 3....we will be sitting pretty good. 9-7 with tie breakers may be good enough this year.

Look at the next 3 games before the bye. They are absolutely winnable.

Sunday, Oct. 17 Indianapolis Colts

Sunday, Oct. 24 @ Chicago Bears

Sunday, Oct. 31 @ Detroit Lions

There is something seriously wrong with the Colts offense right now. Manning had a bad day yesterday against a so-so defense playing at home: 26/44 244yards 5.5 YPC 0TD 1int. Everything was underneath and short.

Chicago is a joke. Their OL is horrible. They allowed a terrible Carolina defense to get 3 sacks and 6 QB hits yesterday. Not to mention that Collins had 4 INT's on 16 pass attempts. :ols:

Detroit is the only one of the 3 that worries me right now, as I have no idea how they are dropping 35+ on people with that bad OL, and a journeyman QB..

I was really pulling for the niners last night. Fell asleep watching the game, and caught the score around 1:00 this morning, it looked like they tried to make it a game. Need the Lions to step up big for us next week against the giants. When I saw the giants come back and beat the jets in preseason, (after eli got knocked out) and I thought that team showed alot of heart. Than all of a sudden everybody got down on them and wrote em off. I guess I hadn't been paying attention, cause I was surprised to see them at 3-2 all of a sudden. I think they are a tough team, and they've always had our number. That's gonna be a tough end to the scedule on our part. I was surprised by the eagles last night (from what I saw in the first half of the game). As I mentioned above, I was pulling for the niners, but I was surprised to see how well the eagles bounced back from last week. I was hoping they'd be more down on themselves after losing to us.

Next week we gotta be falcon, lions, and viking fans cause we gotta tough game next Sunday night. I think were gonna need some luck this week. :fingersx:

We look like a wild card team right now with the NFC looking the way it is, I don't see us competing with certain teams when they're healthy. This defense hasn't really impressed me yet. I want a defense that if we build a lead can play lights out and not allow a comeback like the Houston game. Hopefully that will get better quicker as the season progresses.

Right now I've been seeing some huge holes in our zone defense, these are the plays that have been killing us.

Not since, maybe, 2000 when the Giants weaseled their way into the Super Bowl and got completely man handled against the Ravens.

I'd say both conferences are looking pretty wide open right now. The AFC East is a three team race so far (though if the Dolphins keep playing the way they did last week, it will quickly fall to two). There's no clear dominate team of the AFC North, though it's looking like it'll be a foot race between the Steelers and the dirty birds.

Everyone in the AFC South is 3-2. Think about that. The Colts, the Jags, the Texans, and the Titans are all on even ground right now. The Texans and Jags are tied for the number one spot since they're 1-0 in the division. That's enough to make anyone's head explode, even if we're 1/4 of the way through the season.

Kansas City is barely leading the pack in the AFC West, but everyone else is 2-3.

The entire League is wide open. It would not surprise me if we saw two teams with 11-5 or 10-6 records in the Super Bowl this year.

This is why the loss to the Texans is killing me right now. We had that game, and let it get away. 4-1 would be really sweet right now, and I'm afraid that loss will bite us at the end of the year.

That loss still kills me too. Primarily because it was probably the only game i'll get to this year, and it was a heartbreaker. But as I said after that loss, and as I still feel, I think that game was sacrifical in a way. Its losses like that game, that can stick with a team, and make them better because of it, in the long run. I don't know if thats true or not, but I like to keep telling myself that because of that game, we'll win more games this year :)

Giants - NFC Elite (thanks to defense, Bradshaw, and Nicks)

Falcons - NFC Elite (probably most balanced team in the NFC)

Vikings - soon to be NFC Elite (Moss!!!!!!!!)

...then there is the Redskins, Packers, Saints, and Bears

Sleeper Team - Bucs

everyone else sucks in the NFC

Not since, maybe, 2000 when the Giants weaseled their way into the Super Bowl and got completely man handled against the Ravens.

That and the year before that was supposed to be our year to do it. I see what you mean about the league being wide open but back then I had the confidence that we could beat anybody healthy or not. We had the talent to match up against anybody. We beat the Ravens that year and didn't even give them a TD if I remember correctly. I think I have to be more sold on this defense but we might not even go 8-8.

As open the NFC is to be honest I didn't really have us winning the last 2 weeks so anything can happen.

That just makes it that much more important for us to step up out game ever week. The teams that generally have the talent to dominate don't seem to have their A game this season, and now would be a wise time to take advantage.

Assuming that we keep up this gritty, never-say-die attitude and keep ourselves in every single game, we could easily be looking at a playoff spot.

With that in hand, the 2010 season would be wildly successful, and with another crop of FAs and draft picks next year, in addition to a year's worth of experience under the ShanahAllen era, we could look at the evolution of a mediocre squad into, at the very least, a respectable and even dangerous opponent.

I'd say not since 2000 when if we'd hadn't alienated Brad Johnson we could have made a run and gotten to the Super Bowl. A banged up St. Louis, Philly, Tampa Bay before their time, The NFC champion? New York Giants led by Kerry Collins, Tiki Barber and Jason Seehorn? Lame.

LMFAO bro I love your Sig, I stole it to use on a differentmessage board.

:D

No, I can't, you can either chalk it up to parity, or mediocrity, but it definitely seems like its going to be one of those seasons where all the division titles will be decided during the last, or second to last week of the season.

Anyone who actually bothered to analyze the results last season knew that 2 or more of the following teams were in position to step up: Washington, St Louis, Detroit Chicago or Tampa. You also knew that 3 or 4 teams between the Eagles, Giants, Cardinals, Vikings or Saints were poised to falter. Given this, just one or two surprise teams could falter and give a chance. Chalk it up to the fact that so many teams have little depth so that when player x retires or player y gets injured for an extended period of time, a good team becomes mediocre. Also, about every 10-15 years, you see a major shake up when some innovator or MAB shows up.

The way the Giants have been playing the past two weeks they're a cut above the rest of competition in the NFC as far as I am concerned. They're the closest thing to a complete team in this conference.

After that it's wide open and I wouldn't be surprised to see the lowly Cowboys back in the race when it's all said and done.

That said, being 3-1 in the NFC and 2-0 in our division definitely works in our favor as far as tie breakers are concerned. If we can somehow manage to get two wins out of the next three I'd be ecstatic, the NFC East schedules are brutal this year.

This is why the loss to the Texans is killing me right now. We had that game, and let it get away. 4-1 would be really sweet right now, and I'm afraid that loss will bite us at the end of the year.

Everything happens for a reason. We win that game, maybe we lose to the Eagles or Packers. You just don't know.

The way the Giants have been playing the past two weeks they're a cut above the rest of competition in the NFC as far as I am concerned. They're the closest thing to a complete team in this conference.

After that it's wide open and I wouldn't be surprised to see the lowly Cowboys back in the race when it's all said and done.

That said, being 3-1 in the NFC and 2-0 in our division definitely works in our favor as far as tie breakers are concerned. If we can somehow manage to get two wins out of the next three I'd be ecstatic, the NFC East schedules are brutal this year.

Not sold on the Giants. They looked terrible against the Titans and Colts. Yes they've played well in their last 2 games, but they're far from a complete team.

Archived