Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cowboys Size up Skins

TheDiplomat

Straight from hailredskins.com----------Very entertaining

Subject How will the Skins do this year? [Post#: 314584 ]

Posted by tabasco_is_good (User )

Posted on 8/26/03 02:30 PM

Curious what everyone realy thinks. They have some of the same problems as us. It's strange how closely the teams are alike except at the coaching level.

Subject As far as I'm concerned... [Post#: 314599 / re: 314584 ]

Posted by slick11 (user )

Posted on 8/26/03 02:51 PM

...they can win every other game, as long as they DON'T beat the Cowboys.

Subject Re: As far as I'm concerned... [Post#: 314603 / re: 314599 ]

Posted by hawkboy (User )

Posted on 8/26/03 02:59 PM

I don't wish ANY success on them (other than Ladell Betts and Matt Bowen). They are a bunch of punks that can burn in ...

Seriously, I think they drop one or more games than last year. Their D Line is a mess, their O line isn't much better from the sounds of it, they got worse at RB, they upgraded at WR, but I cannot see Spurier sticking with Ramsey all season -- that kid will be on a yo-yo string like last year.

Subject I disagree a bit.. [Post#: 314605 / re: 314603 ]

Posted by tabasco_is_good (User )

Posted on 8/26/03 03:04 PM

both their tackles are Pro Bowlers. Plus they picked up a Pro Bowl guard in Thomas. We have 1 former Pro Bowler and that's it. I think at RB they will be better for Steve Superiors offense. Ramsey will be there all season.

Subject Re: I disagree a bit.. [Post#: 314609 / re: 314605 ]

Posted by hawkboy (User )

Posted on 8/26/03 03:18 PM

I might be wrong, but I thought Randy Thomas wasn't having a good camp and their center situation was pretty bad (I could be all wrong about that though).

I will say that their WRs are very promising with Coles and Gardner, but the deal with the RB is so unconventional - I know it worked in college, but I cannot see it working in the Pros. I just may have those blue and silver sunglasses on though.

Subject Re: I disagree a bit.. [Post#: 314633 / re: 314605 ]

Posted by dbair1167 (User )

Posted on 8/26/03 04:27 PM

no, they dont have two probowl tackles...when has Jon Jansen ever made a probowl? Randy Thomas hasnt been to a probowl either...Chris Samuels has been to a probowl but I am not exactly sure why, the guy has given up his share of sacks and isnt exactly a good run blocker

the Skins will struggle to win 5 games, maybe 6...their defense is going to be very, very bad

David

Subject Re: How will the Skins do this year? [Post#: 314668 / re: 314584 ]

Posted by Swagga_Jee (User )

Posted on 8/26/03 07:25 PM

I think the Skins will be the cellar dwellers of the NFC East. Their QB situation is probably worse than our since the only thing I've seen out of Ramsey is a nice pass on a flea-flicker. Their RB situation is worse than ours--Trung has been and always will be a butterfingers. Their defensive line is horrible--Bruce Smith is too old, Renaldo Wynn is at best average, and I have no idea who their DT's are or will be. Their secondary is no where near the level of ours--Safeties stink, Fred Smoot is over-rated, Darrell Green is gone, and Champ Bailey is the only thing worth writing home about. The Skins' LB group is outstanding, but I'm afraid with the DLine they have infront of them that the big plays out of the LB's will be few and far between.

Dallas probably won't make the playoffs so I'm looking forward to another undefeated streak against the Deadskins.

Subject Re: How will the Skins do this year? [Post#: 314693 / re: 314668 ]

Posted by BrettA (User )

Posted on 8/26/03 10:17 PM

Ramsey is Far better than anything the Cowboys have at QB. The Skins RB's are better with Trung/Betts/Watson. The Skins WR are better. O-line is better. Your gonna knock Wynn at DE when he is a clone of Greg Ellis...and Bruce Smith at 40 will have more sacks than Ekuban. Their is not a guy suiting up for the Cowboys that has the Fire and Heart that Lavar Arrington has. As for the corners Ill take Champ over Newman and Smoot over Edwards/Ross either one anyday.

Brett

Subject Re: How will the Skins do this year? [Post#: 314698 / re: 314693 ]

Posted by MANSTER54 (User )

Posted on 8/26/03 10:29 PM

********S S.U.C.K....PERIOD!!!

BLUE-N-SILVER TIL I DIE!!!

Subject If Ramsey is so much better ... [Post#: 314702 / re: 314693 ]

Posted by Mr_Bill (user )

Posted on 8/26/03 10:50 PM

... when does he plan to show it? He had better hurry up, because the games will count soon. Thus far, Ramsey has been a disappointment.

Subject Re: How will the Skins do this year? [Post#: 314713 / re: 314584 ]

Posted by Derinyar (user )

Posted on 8/26/03 11:16 PM

I personally think the skins won't be that good. PRobably a game or two better than us, being settled at QB/RB, though if all works right our o-line should be about as good if not better.

I'll go 7-9 for the skins.

Subject Re: If Ramsey is so much better ... [Post#: 314723 / re: 314702 ]

Posted by BrettA (User )

Posted on 8/26/03 11:48 PM

... "when does he plan to show it? He had better hurry up, because the games will count soon. Thus far, Ramsey has been a disappointment."

He is only in his second year...and last year put up better numbers(passer rating of 71.8 to Harrington 59.9, Carr 62.8,and Hutchinson 66.3 and of those he was the only one to have more TDs than Ints

Archived