Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Cuts have begun

Zen-like Todd

From the WP:

Final Roster Cuts

The Redskins began their final round of roster cuts yesterday by telling eight players they would be released. All eight played in NFL Europe and had roster exemptions for the previous round of cuts. The group included running back Robert Gillespie, offensive lineman Akil Smith, defensive linemen Mike Cecere, Jonathan Brown and Andre Arnold and defensive backs Larry Austin, Fred Booker and Jordan Younger.

The team made no announcement and didn't plan to put the players' names on the waiver wire until Sunday, when clubs must reduce their rosters to 53 players apiece for the regular season. The Redskins will assemble a five-man practice squad after the final cuts, and some of the players told of their pending release yesterday could be candidates.

Those moves would leave the Redskins with 65 players, and rookie linebacker Chris Clemons could be a candidate for the injured reserve list after suffering a sprained shoulder in the Jacksonville game . . . .

Alright, so far Clifton, Ade, and Sultan are safe. Those are my guys. Cliton Smith, Ade Jimoh, and of course Sultan who appears he will make it. I love Kenny too, but its not looking good for him right now which upsets me cause he earned a spot over Ladell.

If Clifton or Ade get cut i just dont understand the logic in that. COME ON CLIFTON!!!!! I think Ade has made it, im worried about Clifton though.

Archived