Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Here is what looked good tonight

jbooma

not much,

1. Dalton and Chase were always in the backfield.

2. Hall is the man, 3-3 and a 46 yarder

3. Betts showed some moves when the line blocks

4. NO INJURIES, Jacobs went down near the end but didn't look to bad

we have no backup qb, DW is going to be the backup RJ is pathetic

Leftwich is going to be the next great QB not Vick or Chad or even Ramsey. This kid is just amazing. Threw every kind of pass and the one think I really liked is all of his throws hit a WR hands. I don't think I have ever seen such precision.

Another nice bit of action.

McCullough had a good tackle on special teams. He also was given a chance to return a couple, and didn't do too bad, given the blocking.

also, lets not forget Pierce causing and recovering his third fumble. For those who were ragging on pierce's tackling last week, that's three forced fumbles and three recoveries....

Add to that a really solid game by Jimoh with the 1st string defense. Maybe Franz pushed Terrell for the last safety spot with some solid tackling. Miraculously, Barker had another pretty good game. Finally McCants showed to be a good tough inside receiver.

1) Dalton and Chase looked very good.

2) P. Johnson looked very good both as a WR and on ST.

3) Pierce at LB.

4) Frantz at S.

5) Sultan on ST.

6) Jimoh looked good at times, but got beat badly on several plays. Bauman had some good plays.

Here is what looked bad.

1) All our RB. From that game you could cut all of them (Watson, Betts and Sultan) and none would be picked up on waivers!

2) Except for Friedman and Dockery, I do not see anyone of the OL backups to be serviceable going into the season. D. W. looked awful, but he had no blocking. We had better pray for no injuries on the OL.

3) C. Russell could not catch a pass if you changed his hands into baskets full of stick-um.

4) MLB Smith (#50) cannot tackle.

5) Coaching. The team looked flat; they had no desire nor emotion. It is up to the coaches to prepare people to compete. I realize that we did not want any major injuries, but all of these guys were fighting for a job. Most looked pathetic. The mental mistakes and penalties scare me for the Jets.

Leftwich is the next great QB in the NFL.

I still can't believe that the Girls let Leftwich pass them by in the draft to take Newman. I know good corners are important, but QB is still the most important position in football.

I expect the Cowboys to be looking for a QB in the 2004 draft. I just hope they don't get Eli Manning. I have watched Eli play quite a bit and I think he is going to be better than Peyton.

Originally posted by codeorama

Leftwich???

I could not understand for the life of me why George Michales or anyone else is Sooooo on his jock, did he look bad?? no... but all he did was throw 30 passes to his running backs!!! He was playing against our scrubs...

\

Code the thing is every preseason game he misses maybe 3 passes. He is the most acurate passer going right now. All of his throws hit the WR hands. The scary thing is he also has only been in camp for 2 weeks. He had some nice passes to the WR. The one to the WR between the safety and the CB was something only a vet can throw. The main thing is he looks so confident. Ramsey last year sometimes looked like a dear in headlights, Leftwich only looks like he will score.

Above all else, the most positive thing to take from this game is that we rested almost all of our star players and came out of the game injury free. Other than that:

#1 John Hall- it's been a very long time since I didn't sh*t bricks everytime we lined up for a field goal. Hall appears, to this point, to be an absolute money kicker. He's been perfect in the preseason, hitting from all distances. He also put a couple of kickoffs deep in the endzone for touchbacks last night. This guy looks to be the real deal. It's about time.

#2 We got consisitent pressure up the middle on pass plays. All of our tackles appeared to be pushing the Jag's O-line around. We didn't appear to be as effective against the run, which I mostly attribute to our linebackers sitting out, but we got pressure up the middle all night. Zellner and Upshaw also looked good on the ends.

#3 Patrick Johnson has passed Russel in the lineup. Russel doesn't seem to get open and doesn't make the tough catch. Johnson looked good though. He may even pass Jacobs. I think Taylor is getting pushed around a lot off the line of scrimmage. If he can break free, he could be a threat.

#4 Watson might be traded this week. He really didn't show anything last night. Not the other backs did, but Watson looked the worst out of all of them. Sulton needs to be on our special teams unit. We'll need a couple guys that can chase down kick returners. He is just that. And he had a very impressive hit on a returner last night.

#5 Somewhat limited penalties. I'm not sure what we finished up with, but it was a heck of a lot less that what Jacksonville had.

All in all, I didn't get upset about the game at all. As soon as I saw Coles, Gardner, Canidate, Arrington, Trotter and Bailey wearing T-shirts on the sideline, I knew that this would be a boring game. There were some things I was looking for, and I think we saw them for the most part. Looking forward to next week.

Ramsey doesn't throw 5 out of 6 passes to running backs in the flats...

We don't run the west coast office like they do. He was just throwing it where he could, we were covering the WR's pretty good. But he has some nice long passes to the WR's though. The one thing I like about Leftwich is he alwasy senses he pressure and gets rid of the ball, he doesn't get frustrated back there.

Leftwich???

I could not understand for the life of me why George Michales or anyone else is Sooooo on his jock, did he look bad?? no... but all he did was throw 30 passes to his running backs!!! He was playing against our scrubs...

I'll get burned at the stake for this comment.........I'd take a straight up trade, Leftwich for Ramsey, right now and START Leftwich against the Jets. Plain and simple...and I said it before Leftwich played a game for Jax. Leftwich would complete 70% of his passes, against the Jets, with a week to prepare. This is not a bash Ramsey thread for me, I like him and think he will develop into a good QB. Leftwich is already there.

Originally posted by gridironmike

I'll get burned at the stake for this comment.........I'd take a straight up trade, Leftwich for Ramsey, right now and START Leftwich against the Jets. Plain and simple...and I said it before Leftwich played a game for Jax.

:dribble:

i would love to see Leftwich with Spurrier in this offense, we couldn't be stopped

A couple of you have touched on it and I don't want to talk about it too much and jinx it, but Hall has looked nice.

If you throw him on the team last year we could have been 8-8 or possibly 9-7....but anyway, not the point.

It's nice to know that you have a fighting chance for some points when you're inside the 35 these days....

The one thing that I took away from last night's game is that our starting offensive line looked like sh@t!!

Neither Ramsey or DW had any time to do anything but get forced out of the pocket or hit.

I hope to hell that they just haven't gelled yet, but from what I saw, no one really looked good.

Originally posted by redskin56

The one thing that I took away from last night's game is that our starting offensive line looked like sh@t!!

Neither Ramsey or DW had any time to do anything but get forced out of the pocket or hit.

I hope to hell that they just haven't gelled yet, but from what I saw, no one really looked good.

Thats because our starters didn't start.

Hate to disagree especially because I am a big Pierce supporter, but the only force on that fumble was by the runner himself, Pierce jumped on the ball but was not touching the runner when he fumbled. LB Smith didn't look too good, a few good plays but several missed tackles, the LBs in particular had a bad night.

Agree with posters, Leftwich looks like no rookie in preseason, especially one that missed training camp, so glad he's not in the NFC. Russell belongs on practice squad. Zellner, Chase and Dalton impressed, very impressed with Jimoh. Hall is da man! McCants and P. Johnson played like all pros last night, great to see. Terrell for practice squad, too! #39 stinks

If we don't get really fired up for the Jets they will clean our clock, WAKE UP! Let's hope the ex-Jets will be out for blood, too!

Ade Jimoh looked pretty strong to me. He was running with the first unit (I know Champ didn't play, but I think its significant nonetheless). They tried to throw deep on him a few times and he was playing great coverage. Not a perfect game, but looks like the fourth CB.

Cliff Russell has played himself out of the core rotation of WRs. He couldn't catch ANYTHING. Patrick Johnson did look good against the Jax scrubs late in the game and probably is entrenched as a solid #4.

What was the problem lastnight, are we in trouble or was it a case of, "i;m sick of this preseason crap, let's get the season going so we can play games that count."

Definitely the latter man. This was a classic rest the money players and lets evaluate the depth of our roster game. Like was said, no injuries means a successful game 4 of the preseason.

Next Thursday is the coming out party. Hall was great...only 1 kickoff out of bounds and a few that seemed like line drive kicks...

otherwise, he had deep ko's and was cool as ice for the FG's.

Did you guys see the TD to the left side run by the Jags when Terrell seemed like he coulda made a play to tackle the guy but didn't.

Wuerrfull can hit guys in the middle, but sideline routes are not his fortay. I think he could move the ball with the starters in there. Rob Johnson holds the ball too long. Big suprise. He had that guy open in the endzone and threw it about 3 feet over him....and about a second too late. Hard to really judge the backups when there playing with backups...hopefully, Ramsey is up for 16 games+ this year.

Archived