Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cliffy Russel--- CUT HIS FLOWERY BUTT

Bang

Ok, frankly I can't see ONE reason why we should not cut Cliff Russell.

He STINKS. He's a WUSS. He has no seperation from ANYONE. Forget his speed, he has no strength, and can't break anything. I don't CARE if he has been interfered with, one ball STILL hit him in the chest and as Sonny said, rather than CATCH it,. he was already crying for the flag. In the end zone, yeah, I saw the guy grab his arm, and I don't CARE. He's supposed to have this BLAZING speed, and he can't get away from ANYONE. He should have caught that pass, too, by the way.

If they try to float McCullough thru Waivers in favor of keeping this flowery little pansy I for one will be MOST unhappy.

They have thrown the ball his way about ten times now in two games and i have YET to see him catch it. Some passes look bad, sure,,, but is that the QB? Or is it that Cliffy doesn't know where he's supposed to be half the time? On the other hand, I have seen them throw several times to McCants in the last tgwo weeks, and whattaya know, he CATCHES it, no matter WHO is around him.

I am NOT impressed.

Pfah. #82 oughta tell you right away.

~Bang

I agree, Russell sucks. I say cut his butt or trade him to Dallas for a conditional pick. Contingent upon him making a catch this season, that way Dallas won't have anything to lose and if he gets lucky once we get a seventh rounder. But seriously, why did we ever draft this bum? This guy is terrible!

Agree, I got to watch the whole game at home on a 60" tv, and it was not pretty. Russell is pitiful. Let someone else gamble that he learns to catch the ball. Receivers that cannot catch make me sick, it's like a QB who cannot throw the football or a RB that does not know how to run! Who is in love with this clown? McCants and P. Johnson both had great games, which few Redskins can claim this evening.

Disagree, the guy was open almost all the time. The he actually got very good seperation. If Danny could throw the ball a little more out in front of him you would see it. He was burning people right and left. I dont know whats wrong with you people. Yeah he didnt have a catch, but he was not thrown a catchable ball except for the one in the endzone and i dont know who can catch it when someone is ripping your arm down. Impossible to catch it if someone is ripping your arm down. You guys need to lay off a bit. The reason it was thrown to him so much was becuase he was always open because he's so fast. The reason he didnt catch it is because they kept over throwing him. Sonny even said he gets good seperation from defensders with his blazing speed. Sonny just said that doesnt help unless you have the ball in your hands, which our QB's couldnt get the ball in his hands cause they kept missing.

He's still a raw talent, but has the speed to be great, and he does have good hands. I think people need to lay off him. He obviously has good seperation i dont know what you all are watching.

pfah. He's a pansy. He had his chance when Weurffell laid a pretty pass to him in the end zone after I wrote my initial rant, and he let it whiff right through his hands.

RIGHT THRU HIS HANDS. Perfect chance for redemption, and he totally whiffed.

He's open? When is he always open? He can't get away from anyone. They called PI on a guy covering him once he was so close, and then he had the guy pulling his arm in the end zone. (Which he STILL should have caught, or at the absolute VERY least, get a hand on the damn thing.) Maybe one reason he appears so open in some plays is because he's not where he's supposed to be, and maybe one reason why balls go sailing by him is the QB is throwing it to the spot he should be in.

Sorry, not enough roster spaces to waste on this guy.

Can him.

Patrick Johnson showed how to earn a job. After his fumble 2 weeks ago he's recovered a fumble on a punt, made the big hit on special teams, and played very well as a WR, and he caught a TD. McCants, too. Showed the ability to make the tough catch in traffic a few times in very few opportunities.

On the other hand, every single chance Russell has had he's missed. For whatever reason, he always walks back to the huddle empty.

~Bang

Originally posted by Skins24

What about last week?

I'm not saying he sucks or anything...I really don't know. But he really hasn't made a strong case for us to keep him.

If anyone knows who should be cut and who should stay it's Spurrier. Just let it play out.

Originally posted by Phat Hog

Good call Skins24... I guess we have forgotten that there were other preseason games where he's dropped passes (like the one through his hands in the end zone tonight).

How you gonna get your shotgun if I put down the pipe boss ?:silly:

I'll pass, I tend towards the natural stuff. :high:

BTW I'm watching the game again (sunshine network is replaying it) amd If you think that pass with the interference call could havee been cought you need your eyes examined. Russlell was mugged. Why? Because Russell burned him with the quick curl and the DB knew he'd been had.

They just showed the "TD" pass. Right in the hands? He had to dive for the freekin ball! That would have been an all pro catch if he had pulled it in. Looked like he was tripped up as well.

Really, calm down. Have a :pint: and a :high: and give the kid a season before you call him a bust. :doh:

Originally posted by Park City Skins

Hey. What Extreme be without a cut somebody's arse thread on a game day? Somebody always needs to be cut or fired on gamed days. :D

:cheers:

So true! :laugh:

Did I ever tell you that youare my new board roll model? :laugh:

You take everything in stride, always cheerfull, always with a positive input. Really man, my hat is off to you.

Originally posted by thinker

If the Skins can't trade a rb (now Detroit with Stewart out REALLY needs a RB) maybe the discussion is who do you keep Sultan or Russell?

Does it rouble antone eles that Sultan, Betts, Watson, or Russell is likely to be cut, but Pita Elereisa is in good position to make the squad.

Originally posted by Mad Mike

So true! :laugh:

Did I ever tell you that you are my new board roll model? :laugh:

You take everything in stride, always cheerfull, always with a positive input. Really man, my hat is off to you.

Well thanks Mike. Most kind. Now, if I could just remember little things like grammar and spelling I'd be in good shape. :silly:

That's the way to live life in some ways. Take it in stride and be positive, things will work out. No matter how much it hurts sometimes.

I wouldn't cut him quite yet. But as of now when the 4 or 5 reciever set is in the game with the outcome still in question, I'd be hesitant to call his number until he proves something in a game instead of on the practice field.

He does have the ability to get wide open, and that is why there were 2 pass interference calls against the D when they threw to him. His potential is huge and a lot more than I thought. If you noticed Jacobs never has separation Russel does.

Archived