Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Sullinger played big today he had 24 and 10 with 5 offensive boards.

Watching Barnes now

His stock has taken a hit due to has lack of athleticism and explosiveness. It's hard to ignore his productivity and polish around the basket though. How do you see him doing in the NBA dealing with exclusively large and at least fairly athletic bigs? If Drummond had Sullingers production and game he'd be the consensus #1 by a country mile.

His stock has taken a hit due to has lack of athleticism and explosiveness. It's hard to ignore his productivity and polish around the basket though. How do you see him doing in the NBA dealing with exclusively large and at least fairly athletic bigs? If Drummond had Sullingers production and game he'd be the consensus #1 by a country mile.

I love Sullinger he understands how to play and thats big especially on a team like the Wiz. Its another reason I like Davis so much as well. If you watch the way they move to get position they never just watch like most bigs especially when shots go up. Sully in particular is just so good at getting position and useing his body. I don't think he will measure well but his arms look super long to me. To me he is the type of brute we need in the halfcourt game and being a coaches son is always a plus. Sully plays defense well he just does'nt leave his feet playing position defense. On this team with McGee that will be big allowing him to play weakside help getting blocks.

I loved Mike Sweetney as well but I'm a huge Georgetown homer. I think Sully is a better prospect then he was and thats saying alot Sweets was a monster his last year.

Just watching Davis now damn he would be so nice running the break with JWall.

I'm not sure we would draft Sully though. It seems Ted and EG wanna run like crazy but at some point we gotta be able to play halfcourt offense. Teams are forced to run halfcourt sets in the playoffs.

---------- Post added February-5th-2012 at 12:06 AM ----------

Davis is a freaking monster he just dominates the paint on both ends. He is about to break the block record as a freshman with another 2 months left in the season. He has 5 already in the first half today he needs 2 more I believe to break the record.

Edited by Samuels

The blueprint is to challenge B Griffin, give a physical foul rather than the poster "dunk / throw-in."

Like the other night ... I think it was against Denver or Lakers, he missed his follow up free-throws - just like tonight.

---------- Post added February-4th-2012 at 08:01 PM ----------

Griffin lacks at the line.

Current state of the Wizards trying to be as unbiased as possible:

Wall = good, maybe great

McGee = Marcus Camby but with absolutely no brain. Will never be a starter for a contending team

Young = good 6th man and could start if surrounded by veteran, smart players

Booker = Hustle/bench guy, nothing more. Might be able to spot start due to athleticism

Singleton = Can shoot but cannot dribble or create his own shot. If he can do this he could be a starter fairly easily.

Vesely = meh, I can't see anyone making a convincing argument to me that he will do anything but bust.

Seraphin = good backup big, actually like him much more than McGee as a complete player. Would like to see him get some starts.

Mack = good backup PG and can spot start. My favorite draft pick from last year by far.

Crawford = Low IQ 6th man, wouldn't ever start for a serious contender

It's pretty amazing that within two years of drafting Griffin, the Clippers were able to surround him with a load of talent.

Here we have our wonderful GM who has put together the ****tiest possible roster in the NBA and people are somehow tricked into believing there is a plan. Yeah there is a plan, and it sucks. I give them this offseason, but I am fairly convinced that Ted is delusional and there is enough history to show that Ernie is an idiot.

Lewis has played 21 mins.

0 pts

0 rebs

0 ast

Sadly its even worse when you watch him off the ball. He couldn't guard a senior citizen using a walker at this point.

It's pretty amazing that within two years of drafting Griffin, the Clippers were able to surround him with a load of talent.

Here we have our wonderful GM who has put together the ****tiest possible roster in the NBA and people are somehow tricked into believing there is a plan. Yeah there is a plan, and it sucks. I give them this offseason, but I am fairly convinced that Ted is delusional and there is enough history to show that Ernie is an idiot.

Ted's intentions will be made very clear this offseason. Ernie's contract is up, if Ted resigns him, Ted is clueless and doesn't really give a **** a bout this organization.

Edited by StillUnknown

Lol Young bricks a shot and our entire teams goes to crash the offensive board when they are standing around the free throw line. Clips get an easy fast break.

That entire sequence summed up this entire dumbass team.

---------- Post added February-4th-2012 at 08:55 PM ----------

Jordan is making McGee his little *****. GM's should be shown this games tape before they give McGee a contract over 10 million.

Ted's intentions will be made very clear this offseason. Ernie's contract is up, if Ted resigns him, Ted is clueless and doesn't really give a **** a bout this organization.

If Ted thinks you can build an NBA team through the draft without lucking into a top 5 talent, he is clueless about the NBA. This isn't hockey. Let's hope he has a clue.