Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

The 2009 draft with Blair, we sold the 2nd round pick which we could have used on Blair to Houston. We then used that money to sign Fabricio Oberto. It was a very pointless, short sighted move.

Small bad moves eventually add up over the years, culminating in the disastrous and craptastic roster that we have currently.

+1

Man it's one thing about the Internet that has people thinking they can talk tuff and hide behind a computer. I never insulted you even if I don't agree with what you say.

Yeah I said Blatche has potential and he's 25 years old so I was willing too give him this last year fix his problems, he didn't so I gave up on him. Booker and Saraphin is not better and most likely won't turn out too be.

Yeah you guys hate Blatche and I always understood the reason because he's a knucklehead but with talent. I know G.L.A.C.O.B Thinks Blatche is he devil. Vishal we can agree too disagree but you hate me not because of Blatche but because of Nick Young and you take **** too personal.

Edited by SiCkSoULjA

I know you don't it's GATOR BAIT he goes out his way too call me stupid every chance he gets not only in this thread.

What facts?

Would I like Blair on this team HELL ****ING YEA! And so do every other person and everyother team that passed on him. I am just saying I understood the Wizards when they skipped on him HE HAS NO KNEES! I don't just argue with you guys for the sakes yes I have my opinion so far.

Blatche, I was wrong he looks like he would never change

Young, he's nothing but a streaky shooter that gives you nothing else

JaVale, I was right he's turning into a beast

Would I like Blair on this team HELL ****ING YEA! And so do every other person and everyother team that passed on him. I am just saying I understood the Wizards when they skipped on him HE HAS NO KNEES! I don't just argue with you guys for the sakes yes I have my opinion so far.

There is absolutely no downside to using a second round pick in the NBA. The contracts are not guaranteed and total out around 400k. In return we traded the pick for cash to sign a guy who was old, and never that good to begin with.

The really funny thing about that scenario is that we essentially passed on Blair to sign Oberto, and the Spurs went ahead and picked Blair to replace Oberto. That's the difference between a crappy franchise and a winning one.

You maybe right I can't say I disagree but I can't hold that too the Wizards as a bad desison we just passed on a guy that almost every other team did that turned out too be good IT HAPPENS ALL THE TIME. What I do hold against the Wizards is trading for 2 bench players Foye and Miller over drafting a sure true good point guard in Rubio.

Man it's one thing about the Internet that has people thinking they can talk tuff and hide behind a computer. I never insulted you even if I don't agree with what you say.

Talk Tough? Not sure what you mean by that...actually I do know what you mean by that, but it pretty much came out of no where. I've never threatened anyone on this board; nor have I said I could beat anyone up or anything like that.

about Blatche though...and some of the other athletes I've seen you back on this boar......(aren't you a Floyd Mayweather fan?) Takes a certain type of person to actually like Floyd. I bet you are also a fan of Barry Bonds and Laron Landry.

---------- Post added January-27th-2012 at 11:28 AM ----------

He doesn't like it when people disagree with him so he starts belittling them and getting personal. My advice is to not get sucked into the personal arguments and just ignore him.

I don't mind when people disagree with me....I just like it when they can legitimately back it up with an intelligent argument. You still haven't backed up the "Ernie has done well in the draft" argument. I smashed it, showed the proof....and you still continued to argue even though deep down you know you are wrong.

JaVale Mcgee and Singleton have really been the only good picks Ernie has made.

I too was irrited we didn't draft Blair. He was sitting there and not using a 2nd round pick on 1st round talent was a waste. He could have been a very solid player for us. Even if his knees are suspect, using a late 2nd on a guy like that is a no brainer to me.

I think over the years up until the John Wall draft, the problem with Ernie and the Wizards is akin to what the Redskins have gone through. They are all over the map with no discernable direction. Only up until the Wall draft did we go all in with a rebuild. Anyone that disputes that has to remember all the trades EG made (Miller and Foye to name one) along with trying to draft. We've drafted young guys, but we also tried to make trades for veterans that were either past their prime, had a huge contract or didn't fit the philosophy. Very similar to the Redskins (minus the drafting thing). The best thing for them to do is relieve EG of his duties at the end of the year and promote a person within to carry on the drafting for youth movement. Then supplement with veterans in free agency and trades to go along with the kids once you establish a foundation. Putting the windows and doors in without a foundation is stupid and we have no foundation as of yet. Just a few floorboards (Wall, Singleton, Mack, Vesely).

Edited by pjfootballer

Nick Young? John Wall? Jan Vesely?

John Wall was a no brainer #1 overall pick...not giving him credit for that decision.

Nick Young is not really a good or bad pick. He is a lousy starter, but could possibly be a good 6th man. Not really gonna knock or praise the pick.

Vesely looks good to me so far, but can't judge a high lottery pick this early in the game. Being that he was the 6th overall pick, he is going to need to develop into a solid starter (which I think is possible) but that pick really can't be judged yet.

The only reason I called Singleton a good pick this early is because he was a non-lottery first round pick and has already shown he is a very good defender in the NBA....really good role player in the NBA (at worst)...so I'll take that w/ a #18 pick.

...and he's already hustling and making plays. That kid plays smart and busy. I'm really liking him. Ernie may have finally found his euroboy.

He has no offensive game beyond dunks & putbacks, but that man hustles like hell on defense.

I love that he knows his limitations on offense and doesn't try to force things, he takes what comes his way.

Edited by StillUnknown

Man I love me some Jan Vesely and Wall is limiting his turnovers, good to see.

On a sidenote, why doesn't Maurice Evans get any playing time? What do we got to lose? And I made the gamewinning 3-pt w/ him to beat LeDouche and the heat on NBA 2k12 against my friend ;)