Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

3 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Reall nice play to get Kispert an open three at the end of the third.  Really bad foul by Harrell to give them two FTs.

I think Harrell gets traded soon. His minutes are gonna go down. He won't be happy. 

Really good outing this afternoon.  Got 38 and 12 from their three headed center.  Good ball movement in the 2nd half.  Rui knocked down some midrange shots and the held a hot Philly team under 100.

1 minute ago, ixcuincle said:

Sixers are legit ass this year

They had won 9 out of 10 going into today.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm not surprised by this result. What is more interesting to me is that Deni and Holiday didn't play until garbage time (the latter not a surprise) and Bertans didn't play at all. But really, Deni didn't play meaningful minutes. 

11 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Really good outing this afternoon.  Got 38 and 12 from their three headed center.  Good ball movement in the 2nd half.  Rui knocked down some midrange shots and the held a hot Philly team under 100.

They had won 9 out of 10 going into today.

and they just got worked by the 9th seed in the east lol

they jabronis

also someone posted the schedule earlier i'm not ****in scared

we can beat these teams

remember we were beating the nets even with KD and harden. and clippers are meh. if this team shows up fully healthy ain't nobody wanna mess.

6 hours ago, Destino said:

What you saw today was the wizards overwhelming a good team with depth.  Like they should.  We have more capable players and a ruthless coach can just go with the ones playing well on any particular night.  

Agreed, they depthed them to death.

Fell asleep during the game and rewatching it, Bryant looking good, welcome back.

• Like 1

What’s the long term plan if we trade for Grant?  A new big three being Beal Grant and Dinwiddie?  Feels like a high price tag for too little offensive firepower.  Beals the only big gun in that group.  If we’re going to pay for three big names, I’d like two of them to be high level scoring options.  What happens to Kuzma?

59 minutes ago, Destino said:

What’s the long term plan if we trade for Grant?  A new big three being Beal Grant and Dinwiddie?  Feels like a high price tag for too little offensive firepower.  Beals the only big gun in that group.  If we’re going to pay for three big names, I’d like two of them to be high level scoring options.  What happens to Kuzma?

Grant makes no sense to me. They would have Grant, Kuzma, Rui (rfa) and KCP all up for contracts after next season. That doesn’t include Bryant and Harrell up after this season. (Assuming Beal SM though it’s possible he takes less money??) Of course the Wiz have to match up salary so they gotta move someone besides Deni in the trade. 

Grant is looking for $28 mill per next deal. Beal SuperMax about $45 that season. Din at $18, Bertans at $16, Gafford bumps to $13 which is already  $120 mill with five guys. Even if the luxury tax line bumps do $145, that ain’t much to fill out a roster and pay Kuzma, Bryant or Rui plus add actually guards worth anything.