Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I so dislike the amount of three point shots in basketball these days. Even though the Wiz are shooting okay relative to what they normally do, whenever they shoot a bunch of threes during the game, the lose ground on the scoreboard. 

When they stopped shooting threes in the first quarter, they took a nice lead. 

4 minutes ago, Hersh said:

He had two big shots but also a "did he really just shoot that moment."

Holiday had two “did he really just drive with 15 seconds left on the shot clock” moments as well.  Team was up two scores and wanting to eat up clock, but Holiday wasn’t having it.  

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Destino said:

Holiday had two “did he really just drive with 15 seconds left on the shot clock” moments as well.  Team was up two scores and wanting to eat up clock, but Holiday wasn’t having it.  

Yep, but those three consecutive 3s by those two late in the fourth took it from a one possession game with 3 minutes left to a 3 possession game with one minute left.

9 hours ago, Hersh said:

With Beal= 13-15. Without Beal= 4-0

Insignificant sample size aside, how can Shep look at the game tonight and think "I really want to give Beal $50 mill per season"? 

I don't think Shep has choice.

I think it's pretty clear that Ted runs this show.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

13 hours ago, Hersh said:

Insignificant sample size aside, how can Shep look at the game tonight and think "I really want to give Beal $50 mill per season"? 

Yeah 4-0 against the Pacers, Pelicans, Magic, and Knicks.  People are making way too much of that stat.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, Hersh said:

4 games is too small a sample size, one game every once in a while is reasonable, but over a long stretch can't expect team to stay elevated the whole time.

Watching the Knicks game recording now, Spencer has a double double, said I gotta see how.

5 hours ago, Destino said:

Yeah 4-0 against the Pacers, Pelicans, Magic, and Knicks.  People are making way too much of that stat.

5 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

4 games is too small a sample size, one game every once in a while is reasonable, but over a long stretch can't expect team to stay elevated the whole time.

100% agree but the point remains. Given the entire season and what the Wiz have not been the last few years, how does a GM think now is the time to invest $240 million in Beal?