Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

36 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Looked like he was a below the rim player with no hops even then, he was just faster.  The one dunk he had was a rim grazer where he fell awkwardly due to contact and he sat on the floor petulantly gathering himself after it.

Point Guards don’t really need to jump over people, they just need to finish creatively.  Dinwiddie has excellent footwork and can still get to the rim, but he’s clearly not confident right now.  He doesn’t want to be there among the trees.  He doesn’t want the contact,  

I think his issues are much more mental than physical.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Destino said:

Point Guards don’t really need to jump over people, they just need to finish creatively.  Dinwiddie has excellent footwork and can still get to the rim, but he’s clearly not confident right now.  He doesn’t want to be there among the trees.  He doesn’t want the contact,  

I think his issues are much more mental than physical.  

You keep saying this but what are you basing it on?

I mean it's possible Spencer can still do and is just super tentative...but to me he doesn't look the same (physically).

He still has excellent footwork but what he seems to lack (at least for now) is the quickness to go along with it.

32 minutes ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

You keep saying this but what are you basing it on?

I mean it's possible Spencer can still do and is just super tentative...but to me he doesn't look the same (physically).

He still has excellent footwork but what he seems to lack (at least for now) is the quickness to go along with it.

He’s shown his footwork several times this season against guards in the paint.  He also spent the early part of this season turning it on late in games with success.  

1 hour ago, bonhommelemec said:

Intersting article suggesting trading with Philadelphia. As much as I like Besl, he ts a turnover machine and does not have the size. I think Ben Simmons can improve Ho's shooting. I say pull the trigger bit get plenty in return.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/nba-trade-rumors-bradley-beals-203409622.html

What makes you think Simmons can improve his shooting?  Besides hope?

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Destino said:

He’s shown his footwork several times this season against guards in the paint.  He also spent the early part of this season turning it on late in games with success.  

He's posted up some smaller guards at times but he still hasn't shown the ability to consistently beat anyone off the dribble.

And that's why his average shot attempt is 16 feet from the basket. 😟

We got killed in the 3rd.  Harrell can’t do anything against Utahs size.  Games like tonight would really benefit from having Kuzma and Rui as the forwards, and Thomas Bryant inside.  Some real size.  

wouldn’t hurt for our back court to stop playing like garbage either.  Beal and Dinwiddie combined are being outscored by DMitch.

• Like 2

Watching Brad in person is not very impressive. He dribbles too much in traffic and takes bad shots that are nowhere close to falling. The whole team was outmatched last night. I haven’t been to a wizards game in a while. Not all that entertaining to be honest. I don’t think I’d go back. The last basketball ball game I went to before last night was a Bulls game in Chicago and it was a far more entertaining experience overall. 

Beal this season hasn’t even been a max player, forget super max.  He keeps playing like this and even a trade wouldn’t bring what you’d want.  He isn’t the same guy that came up a few points short of winning a scoring title last season.  If we had that Brad we’d be cruising right now.  We don’t.  

so our best player fell off a cliff and our prize offseason acquisition is scared to drive.  Not good.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

Trade Beal for Lillard straight up.

Portland would never go for that. Also, that wouldn’t be great for the Wiz. He’s 31 and on a bigger contract than Beal.

Edited by Hersh