Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Aaron Holiday is a bum.  Odd trade.

I really have no idea what the Wizards plan is for this upcoming season.  Are they going to have a tank year and just hope Beal stays anyway?  Unless they add a second star that’s exactly what they’re doing.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ball Security said:

Have they traded Bryant?

No, but report was that he won't be ready for the season. 

Just now, LLandryistheshiz said:

Wait I thought we had pick 22 from Westbrook trade. What happened there?

They traded back for some reason while picking up a 3rd string PG. 

Not mad that Westbrook is gone, just mad he went to the ****ing Lakers, and IMO we aint get **** back to be slightly excited about. Now we gotta hear about Westbrook in the Lakers all year. **** the NBA and **** this team. I wish we would start drafting players who have some toughness to them. Team looks likes a bunch of ****ing cream puffs. About 3 hours of combine streetball time played amongst these goofies....

Edited by LetMeSeeYourWarFace21

I would have rather gotten a proven commodity like Jared Butler but Isaiah Todd has a very high floor with his height, athleticism and shooting.

Just now, justice98 said:

Westbrook aside, I think this is a better roster than last year's.  I mean, there's a big, gaping hole at PG that's gonna be a problem, but 2 thru 5 have more depth. 

Kuzma and Harrell are likely gone and may be moved for Dinwiddie. They did get a $8M trade exception out of the Westbrook trade so maybe they can pick up a piece with that

4 minutes ago, method man said:

I would have rather gotten a proven commodity like Jared Butler but Isaiah Todd has a very high floor with his height, athleticism and shooting.

Kuzma and Harrell are likely gone and may be moved for Dinwiddie. They did get a $8M trade exception out of the Westbrook trade so maybe they can pick up a piece with that

Todd seems very smooth, but has a bit of a slow release.  I do like the pick though.  You think Kuzma is moving on?  If I’m Brooklyn, I think I’d rather have KCP.  Could KCP and Harrell bring back Dinwiddie?

31 minutes ago, Hersh said:

PG: somebody, Deni, Holiday

SG: Beal, KCP

SF Kuzma; Kispert; ;  

PF: Rui; Bertans

Center: Gafford, Harrell

PG: Dinwiddie, Holiday, Deni

SG: Wiggins, Moody

SF: Kuzma, Kuminga, Kispert

PF Rui, Todd

C Wiseman, Gafford 

??? 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

What's PHI asking for Simmons? That relationship has turned toxic, they can't have too much leverage.

Way too much.  They want good players and a lot of first round picks.  They don’t seem to realize how far Ben Simmons star has fallen.  Ben Simmons is good, but I’m not sure teams around the league see him as the sort of player they can build around anymore.  16 points 8 assists and a massive liability in the playoffs just isn’t worth the asking price.

• Like 1

From NBA DRAFT ROOM

NBA DRAFT SCOUTING REPORT
POSITION: PF FROM: G League Ignite HT: 6-10 WT: 219
BORN: 10/17/01 YEAR: 01 WING: 7-1 1/4 REACH: 8-11 1/2

Draft Notes
Todd is a gifted basketball talent who is a long and fluid athlete who shows great coordination for a young player of his size. He had somewhat of a slow start in the G League but improved throughout the season and came on strong at the end.

He’s got all of the physical tools and skill-set to be a modern NBA Big. He’s got nice length, excellent quickness in the open court and a promising offensive game. His size and athleticism allow him to guard at the rim and he’s got quick hands and feet, making him a capable perimeter defender for his position.

His offensive game is smooth and advanced for his age. He’s got nice form on his shot and projects as a player who can score from all three levels as his game matures. His 3pt shot could be his calling card at the next level.

Todd shows a lot of versatility and is able to play in the post, make plays in mid range and in the transition game. He gets above the rim with ease and can finish with either hand.

Todd doesn’t have one glaring weakness in his game but he needs to keep adding strength and continue working on his body to hold up against NBA competition.

Needs to continue to develop his skill set, work on his outside shooting and become a consistent free throw shooter.

Comparisons
Robert Horry
Chris Bosh lite

Im not going to get too excited about a 2nd round pick.  It’s rarely a good idea.

Tommy better have a hell of a trade, or trades, lined up.  His moves today only make sense if he has a plan to bring in a very good point guard and someway to bring in some star power.  

• Like 3

Beal can run point since he's a lethal PnR ball handler. What we need from our point is merely secondary creation on offense, but instead excellent defense. Legit ball stopping ability so that Beal never really has to check a dynamic guard on the perimeter and so our bugs don't get teed off on with constant switches or easy downhill dribble penetration.  We don't need a dynamic player at PG, and one of our problems over the years has been having too much money and resources tied up in ball dominant guards who don't defend well.

I understand why the Lakers did it, and it definitely feels like a trade where both sides "won," but it still feels kind of shocking that we got such a haul from Westbrook.  I didn't like the move at the time, but trading for Westbrook ended up working out well.  He increased his trade value here, which never happens for us.  Essentially got three rotation players and two decent prospects for him.

I also like Spencer Dinwiddie, but since he's a FA, I don't love the idea that it'd take so much of the haul we just brought in to get him.  Feels wrong to give up a lot of value for a sign and trade.

I like the Kispert pick and he's probably a rotation player year one.  He's got a high floor and will probably work out.  But I would rather we had picked Trey Murphy or Keon Johnson for their upside.  Feels like we overlooked them after getting KCP.  But you can't have too many three and D wings, especially when they've got the size to check forwards like Murphy does, and can also play on the ball against guards.  Shepherd doesn't understand how to build a defense.  He thinks it's just about hustle and it absolutely isn't.  Oh well.  Kispert is the best shooter in the draft and he's smart and he's got NBA ready strength.  He'll at least try on D and won't get bodied up too easily by the beast forwards that seem to run the playoffs.  He's a Bojan Bogdanovic type who can play forward in a contender's rotation.  But I'm not loving the defensive potential of a line up with him, Beal, and Hachimura on the floor together, and especially not one where Bertans is in there either.

Kuzma is a PF if we keep him.  He's kind of a borderline rotation player but he's at least a big body to throw at opposing forwards so that Rui won't foul out.  13 million per year feels like too much for a guy who is maybe a net neutral on the court though.  If we're building a sign and trade deal for Dinwiddie, I hope Kuzma would be enough to do it and that we can keep KCP and Harrell.

Harrell is actually a pretty good player and it's strange he was viewed as a throw away contract only useful to make the salaries match.  He's a recent 6MOY winner who is a hyper efficient offensive player and a hustle big who is a quality rotation player, even for a contender.  Three straight seasons of seven win shares is good for a bench player.  And he's not a useless defender.  Bertans is a useless defender, Harrell is a strong body who can switch fairly well.