Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I'll make my judgement about Porter after 2 seasons or so and when he bulks up. To declare him ANYTHING at this moment is ridiculous. We have no idea what kind of pro he'll be. I don't care what NBA draft websites say. One said Deshawn Stevenson was the next Jordan. The next JORDAN. Half the time, they have no idea what they are talking about. 

http://www.bulletsforever.com/2014/1/20/5328836/greg-monroe-rumors-washington-wizards

One player who has been mentioned in trade rumors throughout this season isGreg Monroe, the young power forward who will be a restricted free agent this offseason since he couldn't agree on an extension with the Pistons. It's no secret that Josh Smith is better at the four, and it's possible that Detroit moves the valuable Monroe to upgrade another position and slide Smith over to power forward.

One team is interested in Monroe is the Washington Wizards, according to multiple league sources. It's becoming clear that Washington is planning to pursue in Monroe, either through trade or free agency.

Edited by SuperBash

That lack of a first round pick really hurts our chances of trading for Monroe.

Damn shame the bench couldn't protect a 20pt lead in the 4th. Wall and Gortat probably thought their night was done when the lead got that big.

Had a pretty good time at the Verizon Center today.

Edited by StillUnknown

That lack of a first round pick really hurts our chances of trading for Monroe.

Damn shame the bench couldn't protect a 20pt lead in the 4th. Wall and Gortat probably thought their night was done when the lead got that big.

Had a pretty good time at the Verizon Center today.

What could we possibly offer them, or any team, of value in a trade? The team isn't going to move Wall or Beal and to get a good player they'd need to trade more than an expiring contract. Monroe would be a great fit with Wall and Beal, that's a terrific young core, but I don't see how they'd do it. He's going to demand a max deal so the wizards would need to shed Nene to even consider signing him.

Edited by Destino

Josh Smith is better than Monroe at the 4, or Josh Smith is a better player at the 4?

I would give up a Gortat, Ariza, or even Porter for Monroe. The best move is that we would have his Bird rights and would be able to match a contract sheet. (not a slight on any of those guys, but Monroe is a really good and a young big which is what I want)

A move like that would make us a team that could contend for a title.

I would not give up a draft pick for dude though.

Edited by JoeWolf990

So i just want an opinion from you all. Which of the flotsam do we bring back next year? (Vesely, Booker, Seraphin, Singleton).

I think Ves is too situational. Singleton is no bueno. Booker has been great this year, but has possibly played himself into a great trade piece. Seraphin is hit and miss. If we can only keep one, i think Seraphin has got to be the guy we keep. He is a big dude, who has put in some serious work, gets to the line at a much higher rate this year, and is easily one of our best free throw shooters this year surprisingly. Now if only Wittman could release him from his doghouse.

Thats not an option realistically.

Of course it is. If their contract demands are out of line with what they are really worth, they all go. If the Wiz overpay for any of them, it only makes the problems of this franchise worse.

Of course it is. If their contract demands are out of line with what they are really worth, they all go. If the Wiz overpay for any of them, it only makes the problems of this franchise worse.

What are their contract demands? How much will we have to spend?

Those questions are important.

You can trade Gortat and Ariza for Monroe.  I say do it

Makes no sense for Detroit, not sure they would want to pay either player in the offseason. Now Dumars has been known to do things that make no sense, but that deal would probably get him committed.

Any deal would have include Porter, which I'd be fine with. Problem is that he's our only "asset" right now, assuming Beal is untouchable.

We need to involve a 3rd team to make it work.

Edited by StillUnknown

I like Gortat actually. I wouldnt mind trading Nene and someone, but no one would take on that contract

I like Gortat too, but I don't like paying age 30+ big men 10+mil per over multiple years. I'd rather pay Monroe a little more, he's only 23, and I think his numbers would increase playing next to a pg like Wall.

• Like 1

I like Gortat too, but I don't like paying age 30+ big men 10+mil per over multiple years. I'd rather pay Monroe a little more, he's only 23, and I think his numbers would increase playing next to a pg like Wall.

Thats true. I never realized Gortat was that old. Monroe would be fun to watch with Wall, I wish we could have gotten drummond =/

They'd have because his current production isn't worth a max deal.  I think most people like his chances of improving.