Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

John has to get untracked for us to have a chance in this one.

This shooting is worse than a JV game.

This is one of the worst games I've seen us play. Indy's defense is good. But we're just playing HORRIBLE on offense. Beal is 2-6 from the FT line. Ariza is like 0-4. John is doing nothing except settling for the occasional contested pull up jumper. Gortat isn't doing anything. Booker is just standing around and watching.

We're also -11 on the boards. That and our FT shooting is enough to bury us.

Pull the starters. They're playing like complete ****.

Can't protect the rim with Booker in the game.

Pacers are getting shots at the rim. We're taking long jumpers.

Wall Beal and Nene are a combined 10-37 shooting for 29 points. That's ugly and the wizards can't survive that bad of a night by their best three players.

My Vesely prediction was apparently wildly optimistic. I didn't count on him only getting 4 minutes of playing time.

Edited by Destino

Most of you guys have already seen this I assume but for those who haven't, now seems like an appropriate time to post it.

http://www.bulletsforever.com/2014/1/6/5279622/wall-centric-why-wittman-needs-to-go-ernie-too

I saw that and many (myself included) have been saying it for a while now. The offense won't work against good defense in a slow pace game as it's currently designed (or lacking design). I expected an ugly loss tonight.

-20 on the boards tonight. 32% shooting from the field. 39 % shooting from the FT line. Inexcusably bad.

Wittman is terrible. The team is flawed. We're on the road for the third game in the midst of a 4 in 5 days. Should have known this was coming

Wondering why I actually watched this one.

They didn't even break 70. That was seriously the worst offensive performance I've ever seen. They looked worse than a college team.

Another sorry stat: 13 assists to Indiana's 25. They methodically whipped our asses. We've got no chance against that team. Our team is too soft and too stupid to beat them frankly.

There are, in this world, terrible places of inky nothingness.  No sound, no light, no soul can ever escape.  You won't see the sky and you won't feel the ground, you will only fall and you will resign yourself to this vacuum.  And when the falling ends, you will not remember or reminisce.  You will pretend that it never happened and deny your powerlessness, like a child that tries to go to sleep with the lights on, while the monster waits under the bed.

You console yourself, cowardly beneath your blanket, with one thought…I want to leave Indiana.

I want to defend them and talk about that being a total off-night from free throw land, because we still got to the line 21 times. Sad thing is, even if they hit every single one of them, this is still a double digit loss. Not in same league as Indiana this year. It's not that we can't beat them, we just do everything possible to fit into them kicking our *** everytime we play them.

The recipie for annihlating this team is stopping the fast break. We can run a halfcourt offense, but we always seem to crack when we're FORCED to run a half-court offense. The last Minnesota game and this one are prime examples of that.

Edited by Renegade7

Quick, let's sign Jan and Booker to extensions: 1-4 8 rebounds in 32 total minutes.

Jeeze, don't joke about that. Far too realistic. 

Lost by 27 when Paul George finished with 8 points and was 2-14. Doesn't get much more pathetic than that. 

Quick, let's sign Jan and Booker to extensions: 1-4 8 rebounds in 32 total minutes.

You have a plan to create cap space? The argument for bringing them back is primarily "cheap" and "play defense".

Maybe we should talk about the 13 million dollar man coming off the bench that doesn't seem capable of jumping over a quarter? His January numbers: 10.2ppg .475fg% 4.2rpg 22min. We constantly hear about the stuff he does that doesn't show up on the stat sheet, which is great. 13 million is a big enough number that he needs to do all that AND show up on the stat sheet.

Once again: Beal's defense is suspect. What decent SG has he done well against this season defensively?

The wizards are in very real danger of the nightmare scenario. Finishing 9th with no draft pick.

Edited by Destino

I do not get much opportunity to watch many Bullets games in Illinois, so I apologize if this is question is off base.

I see many complaints about either Wall or Beal not driving to the basket, but settling for long 2 pt jumpers. I also seem to remember Wall being fairly aggressive to end last season. Wall, at least to me, seems to have a fairly high BBIQ.

I suppose my point is; is the lack of aggressive driving for the foul or basket more a problem of coaching or simply the players just doing whatever the F they please?