Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I have lower level tickets for the Jazz/Wizards game on Monday. My girlfriend is faking and I might not go myself . The tickets are in the lower level 106. I'm asking for $45 for the pair. I still might decide to go but if not, I'll let an ES person have dibs on them if they'd like.

Edited by No Excuses

Vishal, let me see if I got someone to go with me. If I can, I'll def take them. Or if you go and need some to ride with you, I'm down for that for sure.

Awesome, sounds good. Keep in mind though that it is a 1 PM game, not a 7 PM game lol. I actually didn't know this myself before I bought the tickets.

I'm also looking to see if I can sell these tickets and get upper levels since they are going for like $5 each. I'm not a fan of the 106 and 107 section at VC, it's right behind the net and the view of the other side is obstructed.

EDIT: let me actually see if I can find a sucker on craigslist or stubhub. I'd be down for another ES Wizards game. Ankit, Marcus, what do you guys say?

Edited by No Excuses

Yeah the odd timing for this game is the my gf can't go either. I should've known, they always schedule us at 1 PM on MLK Jr. day. I think the game against Utah a few years back when Gilbert hit the clock ending game winner was on MLK Jr. day as well.

Oh yeah, I remember that. I mean, seriously. I'm not sure if it was the Jazz but Gil definitely hit a game winner at an early MLK Day game. I was staying at my dad's at the time. I taped the game and showed him the dagger when he got home and he said something about Gil going down as the greatest Bullet ever. That might have been the pinnacle of Gil's time here. Crazy how etched in my mind that ended up being.

To the game tonight, I didn't see it but I basically listened to the whole thing on the radio at work. They really waned to **** this one away too. Which would have been the most pathetic yet. The Raptors suck to start with and half their team wasn't playing.

Oh and Glenn Consor is funny. He has like an inner-battle thing going. The homer color guy vs the realist. I guess it's typical ****ty-team announcer stuff but he doesn't dress it up as much as Buck and Phil do. Every now and then he really lets it fly. And he absolutely kills Blatche in the post game shows. (But hell, Flip kills Blatche in the pre game interviews. Can't wait until that bum is gone.)

Consor is an ass. I remember calling in once after a game because Jamison had just had one pathetic defensive showing (like he did almost every night). I basically said that it's quite embarrassing that our team captain is also the worst defensive player on the team and that for us to succeed we should focus on getting a better defender at the PF spot and moving Jamison to the sixth man role. This was also around the time when ET and Haywood were having their little ***** fights in practice. I told Consor that Haywood should be the starter because the team plays better defense when he is on the floor.

He got so mad at that statement that he called me a fairweather fan and hung up on me. :ols: :doh:

You couldn't have said anything negative about Eddie Jordan or Jamison to Consor. Homer #1. Blatche probably didn't invite him to one of his parties or something.

Wall, Young, Lewis, Blatche, McGee is a formidable starting 5 when they play with their heads attached. It showed tonight.

Good performance against a good team, albeit a team that looked fairly tired and only had 2 players that came to play. Great to see Blatche play smart and hustle, and to see his shot fall. Too bad he got a bit winded in the 4th.