Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Get your Rashard jerseys. He's the man.

Can you do anything other than rave over Rashard in here? You've made your point and it's the Nets, get a grip. Stromile Swift could score 50 against these bums.

---------- Post added January-7th-2011 at 07:53 PM ----------

The Pistons were the only team to beat the system.

You don't think Duncan was a top 5 player during his run????

And the Celtic's were loaded with top talent.

The Lakers have 16 championships, the Celtics 17 Championships.

In the 60 some years of championships, the Lakers and Celtics have appeared 49 times. Jordan made his mark and brought 6 championships to the Bulls.

It's not a team sport, it's a star sport.

Bingo. Two teams winning over half the titles = massively flawed league.

---------- Post added January-7th-2011 at 07:56 PM ----------

I will say, if I was a Lakers or Celtics fan however, I'd be fine with it

The defense under Flip has been better than before for sure. Even since we've traded Arenas, our defensive rankings put us somewhere in the top 15 in the NBA.

The problem is Flip's offense. The system is designed to revolve around an athletic PF who can stretch the floor, the stuff he ran with Garnett. That's why he plays Blatche so much because Dray is the only one who can help run it (but really he can't). I don't think the system plays to any of our players strengths, except maybe Nick Young.

---------- Post added January-7th-2011 at 11:48 PM ----------

saying i said TD wasnt a top 5 player. I dont see how i went off topic,

Oh yeah, then what is this?

the spurs won the championship and no one on that roster was top 5 .

You are a joke dude. :ols:

Please leave this thread LeBron fanboy. We don't welcome your kind in here.

You are a joke dude. :ols:

Please leave this thread LeBron fanboy. We don't welcome your kind in here.

Haha ofcourse you would leave out the rest of the quote. Typical. Dont be mad bro, i mean if you dont want me pointing out that you like to flip flop your ideas then just tell me, and ill stop. Why wouldn't the offense struggle when you lose Arenas, Jamison and Butler? Are you serious? Think man think. Oh noes, im a lebron fan! oh noes! Funny thats the only thing you can refer to, and it doesnt even make sense. It seems like you like him more than i do, you talk about him more than I do hahahahah :ols: .

Vishal, he is a closet Heat fan, he is just afraid to admit it.

What are you, his *****? Always coming to his defense or trying to calm him down hahaha. Thats hilarious. I'm actually a LeBron fan, and he's on the Heat, so it was kind of obvious id be rooting for his team to do well, good connection there man, it must have taken you days to put that together... i dont know if you read before you post, who knows. But what the Heat have to do with this, i have no idea, i guess you just like to talk about your team whenever you get the chance.

: .

What are you, his *****?

Oh boy, I touched a nerve didn't I? :ols:

Calm down, I was just joking, theres no need to go all PMS on me, although it is kind of funny seeing you continuously get your feathers ruffled.

Always coming to his defense or trying to calm him down hahaha. .

You're not that good at reading comprehension are you? I wasn't trying to calm Vishal down at all, I was just making light of your lovefest for Lebron, that's all, no hard feelings.

Thats hilarious. I'm actually a LeBron fan, and he's on the Heat, so it was kind of obvious id be rooting for his team to do well, good connection there man,

I have never met a Wizards fan that likes Lebron, ever. It's actually quite startling actually that you're even rooting for the Heat as a whole, they're public enemy number 1 in most people's eyes.

it must have taken you days to put that together...

Probably not as long as it took you to come up with that weak ass response.

i dont know if you read before you post, who knows. But what the Heat have to do with this, i have no idea, i guess you just like to talk about your team whenever you get the chance

You know what, part of it just might be my neverending desire to take advantage of your overwhelming sensitivity every chance I get. And I rarely go out of my way to talk about the Heat, unless the topic is brought up by someone else.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

Oh boy, I touched a nerve didn't I? :ols:

Calm down, I was just joking, theres no need to go all PMS on me, although it is kind of funny seeing you continuously get your feathers ruffled.

Nope, just asking a simple question. And you didnt even answer the question. Didnt want to admit it huh?

You're not that good at reading comprehension are you? I wasn't trying to calm Vishal down at all, I was just making light of your lovefest for Lebron, that's all, no hard feelings.

My reading comprehension? My lovefest for LeBron? I didn't even mention LeBron until both of you did :ols: Maybe your a closet LeBron fan?

I have never met a Wizards fan that likes Lebron, ever. It's actually quite startling actually that you're even rooting for the Heat as a whole, they're public enemy number 1.

Well now you have. I dont see the problem. Im a fan of his game. Who cares? Just because he made a mistake with 'The Decision', does this mean I am supposed to hate him? I dont care what kind of personality the guy has, I am simply a fan of his game. Am I supposed to hate Michael Jackson's music because he did some stupid things in his personal life? No, cause his music and his personal life are two different things. Get real man.

Probably not as long as it took you to come up with that weak ass response.

Good one, how long did that one take you?

You know what, part of it just might be my neverending desire to take advantage of your overwhelming sensitivity every chance I get.

Oh haha so you like to go into threads hoping I post there so you can take advantage of my "overwhelming sensitivity"? Man, I didnt know I was popular.

And I rarely go out of my way to talk about the Heat, unless the topic is brought up by someone else.

I guess this was one of those rare times huh?

Nope, just asking a simple question. And you didnt even answer the question. Didnt want to admit it huh?

No, sorry, and if there is anybody that is someones ***** here, I'd say that you were Lebron's.

My reading comprehension? My lovefest for LeBron? I didn't even mention LeBron until both of you did :ols: Maybe your a closet LeBron fan?

Well I am a Heat fan genius;), and I'm sure Lebron's a good guy, somewhere inside that cold heart of is.

Well now you have. I dont see the problem. Im a fan of his game. Who cares? Just because he made a mistake with 'The Decision', does this mean I am supposed to hate him? .

:whoknows:I don't know, but your Wizards brethren seem to think that you should.

Good one, how long did that one take you?

See my first response.

Oh haha so you like to go into threads hoping I post there so you can take advantage of my "overwhelming sensitivity"?

I was being sarcastic, and no, I don't necessarily go looking for you, I just tend to follow the Lebron themed rose petals I see laying all over the place, they lead me right to you every time. Coincidence? ;)

Man, I didnt know I was popular

I never said you were, and judging by the way some of your previous posts have been received, I'd say that you aren't that popular here, but who am I to judge? I'm just a scumbag Heat fan, and some of them don't like me either, so I could honestly care less.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

No, sorry, and if there is anybody that is someones ***** here, I'd say that you were Lebron's. [/Quote]

Ooooh OUCH! Your hurt me! Talking more about LeBron, I see. And im the one with the lovefest? :ols:

Well I am a Heat fan genius;), and I'm sure Lebron's a good guy, somewhere inside that cold heart of is.

Ok youre a Heat fan... what's your point? This response makes absolutely no sense.I was talking about you being a LeBron fan. And your response was that you are a heat fan. If your saying that since youre a Heat fan, then its assumed your a fan of LeBron, then your an idiot. I'm a Wizards fan but not a fan of Andray Blatche, and I am definitely not the only one.

Like I said many times already, I could care less about his personality, I am a fan of his game. And you were talking about MY reading comprehension! :ols:

:whoknows:I don't know, but your Wizards brethren seem to think that you should.

Oh okay, so I am supposed to have the same views and opinions as every other Wizards fan. Gotcha. :rolleyes::ols:

I don't necessarily go looking for you, I just tend to follow the Lebron themed rose petals I see laying all over the place, they lead me right to you every time. Coincidence? ;)

LOL. You must be imagining those rose petals, since your a closet LeBron fan and all. We were talking about TD, I dont see how thats a LeBron themed rose petal... :ols: ... At this point your just making excuses for your self, trying to get out of the fact that you cant stop talking about him.

I'm just a scumbag heat fan, and some of them don't like me either, so I could care less honestly.

I think someone needs a hug.

I'm really worried that John Wall is going to be an average player. He is mostly show, as in he is flashy and likes to preen around the court. Jumper is mediocre. His ball skills are great, but he tends to get hassled in traffic. He's very young so I'll hold out hope. Still, his recent box score numbers are troubling. I like the assists though.

Ooooh OUCH! Your hurt me! Talking more about LeBron, I see. And im the one with the lovefest? :ols:

No, but seeing as how you most likely soaked your keyboard with the sweat from his junk in the other thread, the thought did cross my mind. I wonder what your IQ level is, honestly.

Ok youre a Heat fan... what's your point?

The point being, since you're apparently too slow to understand, is that yes, I am a Heat fan, and yes, it shouldn't come as a surprise if I was somehow a fan of Lebron. I hope you caught that.

This response makes absolutely no sense.I was talking about you being a LeBron fan. And your response was that you are a heat fan. If your saying that since youre a Heat fan, then its assumed your a fan of LeBron, then your an idiot. I'm a Wizards fan but not a fan of Andray Blatche.

What makes no sense is that if you were around here for more than 5 minutes then you'd know I'm not a Lebron fan. Quite the contrary, I do not like Lebron at all, but I am still a Heat fan nonetheless. As for your idiot remark, considering that it's coming from you, and considering all the posts that I have seen from you in the Tailgate thus far, I'll just let that hang.

Like I said many times already, I could care less about his personality, I am a fan of his game. And you were talking about MY reading comprehension! :ols:

LOL. You must be imagining those rose petals, since your a closet LeBron fan and all. We were talking about TD, I dont see how thats a LeBron themed rose petal... :ols: ... At this point your just making excuses for your self, trying to get out of the fact that you cant stop talking about him.

I think someone needs a hug

When I said I could care less, I meant that I could care less about how popular you think you are.

:doh: I think someone needs hooked on phonics.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

I'm really worried that John Wall is going to be an average player. He is mostly show, as in he is flashy and likes to preen around the court. Jumper is mediocre. His ball skills are great, but he tends to get hassled in traffic. He's very young so I'll hold out hope. Still, his recent box score numbers are troubling. I like the assists though.

Ive noticed this as well. He has been having some pretty suspect turnovers. His spot up shots have been terrible as well. It seems that he only has one move; the drive to the basket really fast. He needs to work on some other moves this offseason. I would specifically like him to work on his mid range jumpers.

On a side note, can we stop talking about lebron and the heat. Nobody cares about either. Now lets get back to talking about how bad the wizards are please!

I looked at their record today. It is the craziest one I think I have ever seen.

9-10 at home. Average, almost respectable.

0-15 on the road. Hopeless and pathetic beyond repair. How can it be that drastically different? Are NBA hoops different sizes in different arenas? Are the courts waxed differently?

He's a rookie and will improve in time, just click over to NBA tv and here the props from the all star guards who have faced him.

---------- Post added January-8th-2011 at 12:22 PM ----------

Actually I like watching the Heat.

Its alot better than seeing how the Hoyas will blank away another lead or complaining if Blatche moved in close to the basket before shooting as he does with anything in a skirt at the shadow club his trade value would be a lot better.

Edited by NavyDave

I looked at their record today. It is the craziest one I think I have ever seen.

9-10 at home. Average, almost respectable.

0-15 on the road. Hopeless and pathetic beyond repair. How can it be that drastically different? Are NBA hoops different sizes in different arenas? Are the courts waxed differently?

It's a mentally fragile team. We've had double digit leads on the road multiple times. Heck, we've been up by double digits in the fourth quarter on the road multiple times. We just always find a way to choke it away somehow.

Ive noticed this as well. He has been having some pretty suspect turnovers. His spot up shots have been terrible as well. It seems that he only has one move; the drive to the basket really fast. He needs to work on some other moves this offseason. I would specifically like him to work on his mid range jumpers.

Yeah' date=' that drive to the basket is pretty impressive though. But I agree, he should work on his jump shot this offseason. Derrick Rose was the same way, he was very quick but had no jump shot. Now look at him. Dude has even developed a decent long ball now too. The thing I love about JWall though is that he seems to pass the ball a lot more than Rose did in his rookie year. Rose averaged around like 6 or 7 assists back in his rookie year, and Wall is currently averaging 8 or 9 assists right now. Actually, I think JW averages more assits now than Rose does, which is pretty good. And the fact that Wall plays excellent defense for a rookie, mostly because he is so quick with his feet, and has great hands (almost two steals a game).

He'll be a superstar if he stays committed in the off season to improve his game. I am not worried at all.

---------- Post added January-8th-2011 at 02:34 PM ----------

Actually I like watching the Heat.

Same here. It just crazy how Pat Riley is able to get a player like LeBron James to a team that already has Dwyane Wade on it! Step up your game Ernie!

If that post made any sense at all, I would have responded. But making sense is hard for you, so ill just let it be.

Either that or you have an obvious learning deficiency, I think I'll take the latter. If you wish to take this to pm then that's fine, but I am not going to discuss it in this thread anymore, since it isn't on topic. I also apologize to everyone else for derailing the thread.

No way John Wall is gonna be just an average player. He's already above average right now. Yea hes making mistakes but hes rookie with only 30 games under him. You have to have wait out the growing pains.

Another thing is that John Wall at this moment in time is all raw talent. His game is not polished at all and I'm sure Sam Cassell is working with him and thats a great role model for any point guard.

Because of his speed he will always be a force in the nba. At the very worst I see him being a turnover prone great point guard. He just has too much athleticism to contend with. When is the last time you have seen a point guard run the length of the court and successfully block someone like Igoudala. He has the perfect physical gifts for the position. A jump shot can be worked on but his intangibles are untouchable.

Either that or you have an obvious learning deficiency, I think I'll take the latter. If you wish to take this to pm then that's fine, but I am not going to discuss it in this thread anymore, since it isn't on topic. I also apologize to everyone else for derailing the thread.

Moving this to a PM wont make it any different, you wont make any sense there just like you dont make sense here.

Back to the topic.

Seriously?

Average?

John Wall?

He has some of the best body control I've ever seen

His speed is elite as well as hid finishing ability

Are y'all asking him for 25 a night?

He's a freaking point guard

His numbers are fine

I agree. He is not average by any means. He is one of, if not, the fastest player in the NBA with the ball in his hands. 15 and 9 are great numbers for a rookie. Some of the more experienced starting point guards dont even get those numbers.

EDIT: Not just some, there are a lot of them that dont get those numbers. Some of these average a few more points, but since were talking about PGs, getting your teammates involved is a bigger part.

Jameer Nelson (14 and 7), Mike Bibby (10 and 4), Luke Ridnour (11 and 5), Devin Harris (17 and 7), Mo Williams (15 and 7), Jason Kidd (8 and 8), Chauncey Billups (17 and 5), Rodney Stuckey (15 and 5), Jrue Holiday (15 and 7), Kyle Lowry/Aaron Brooks (10 and 7 / 12 and 5), Andre Miller (12 and 7), Darren Collison (13 and 4), Tyreke Evans (17 and 5), Baron Davis (9 and 7), Derick Fisher (6 and 3), Jose Calderon (10 and 8), Mike Conley (14 and 7), Carlos Arroyo (7 and 2)

Edited by Shabby

Wall might be one piece of the puzzle but he needs to be a smarter scorer than he has been until he improves his scoring. The problem in my opinion is in the front court.

McGee is a back up not a starter at this point.

Blache doesn't know the meaning of hustle, needs to be traded.

Wall, Young, Lewis, would be great with a C and PF that can crash the boards and score. Which I realize is asking a lot being that those two things are some of the hardest things in the NBA to come across.

Wall might be one piece of the puzzle but he needs to be a smarter scorer than he has been until he improves his scoring. The problem in my opinion is in the front court.

McGee is a back up not a starter at this point.

Blache doesn't know the meaning of hustle, needs to be traded.

Wall, Young, Lewis, would be great with a C and PF that can crash the boards and score. Which I realize is asking a lot being that those two things are some of the hardest things in the NBA to come across.

Earlier this year i would agree with you about mcgee, but he has really been stepping it up. His defense is better, his rebounding is better, his shot blocking is still great, and he is expanding his offensive game. Also, he works great with Wall. Most importantly is that he has great hands inside. (although not so much on the rebound). You cant say the same for Yi, who couldnt cant catch the ball to save his life, and blatch who has no motivation whatsoever.