Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I will have zero excitement about this franchise until I wake up to Grunfeld's dismissal.

Can't just fire Ernie. Need to hire somebody with a dominating personality who takes over everything. The franchise needs to be rebranded and has needed that for a LONG time. Changing the colors back isn't enough. New GM, new scouts, new trainers, new coaches, new players, new (old) name.

As far as a coach, they need a guy who has worked with young players....developed young players....and isn't there to be their buddy or to just blame them. Last few years, Flip didn't know how to develop anybody. Randy is Randy....nobody expected this to work.

Can't just fire Ernie. Need to hire somebody with a dominating personality who takes over everything. The franchise needs to be rebranded and has needed that for a LONG time. Changing the colors back isn't enough. New GM, new scouts, new trainers, new coaches, new players, new (old) name.

As far as a coach, they need a guy who has worked with young players....developed young players....and isn't there to be their buddy or to just blame them. Last few years, Flip didn't know how to develop anybody. Randy is Randy....nobody expected this to work.

Ernie is the #1 person who needs to go.

God we need him back so bad. Seraphin is our only true big man worth a crap right now. We need Nene not only for his rebounding, but for the bump in rebounding the entire team sees when he's on the court. He boxes out.

Go figure a team that didn't have its big man and didn't have its PG would blow.

---------- Post added November-20th-2012 at 03:55 PM ----------

I'd take Dwane Casey in a heartbeat over Wittman.

---------- Post added November-20th-2012 at 04:18 PM ----------

Shabazz is on TV tonight, 7:30 on ESPNU.

Like I said earlier in this thread. Wittman is poison to big men. All bigs are on a short leash and they get yanked if they take a bad shot and yelled (excuse me, "coached") when thy rotate to protect the rim and the man they rotate off gets the pass and the easy finish. I couldn't tell you what Wittman does well, now that I think about it.

My comment was removed from one of Ted's blogs. I wasn't even profane/inappropriate at all. I think if you mention the possibility of firing Ernie, you get censored. Too bad not enough people care about the Wiz to start a "Burgundy Revolution/Fire Vinny" type campaign.

I couldn't tell you what Wittman does well, now that I think about it.

I can. haha. He is a stop gap coach who is adept at taking the fall for a terrible team / GM ( See Khan). He also almost guarantees a lottery pick. Has a great dumbfounded look so you focus your blame on him rather than the poorly constructed roster. He also ( usually ) is quite cheap.

first business fire Ernie and Randy. Hire Brad Stevens from Butler

Stevens can pretty much have any major college job he wants, and probably quite a few NBA gigs.

I would imagine he would be too smart to come to Wizards anytime in the near future.

I couldn't tell you what Wittman does well, now that I think about it.

Wittman Face:

Randy-Wittman-face1-150x150.jpg

6885219153_df27fcac12_o.gif

wittmanpixels1112a.jpg

wittman.jpg

Edited by StillUnknown

Like I said earlier in this thread. Wittman is poison to big men. All bigs are on a short leash and they get yanked if they take a bad shot and yelled (excuse me, "coached") when thy rotate to protect the rim and the man they rotate off gets the pass and the easy finish. I couldn't tell you what Wittman does well, now that I think about it.

He can beat JV teams at the end of the season.

I can't tell you how angry I am at that stupid winning streak last season.

My comment was removed from one of Ted's blogs. I wasn't even profane/inappropriate at all. I think if you mention the possibility of firing Ernie, you get censored. Too bad not enough people care about the Wiz to start a "Burgundy Revolution/Fire Vinny" type campaign.

Can some of ya'll regular posters in here please take note of this? It can and should be done.

This^^. I don't know basketball much but I do know a pathetic organization when I see it and the "Withards" as an organization are [in best Bill Walton voice] HORRRRIBLE! I know most of you joke about the WNBA and I'm not exactly a huge fan either but I do watch it occasionally and I think looking at the Mystics is instructive in analyzing the "Withards" lack of success. The Mystics have blown high draft picks with regularity, failed to develop quality players, and failed to find decent coaches. To make matters worse, when they have had a little success, they've immediately screwed it up.

I never thought I'd say this but I miss the good ole days with Abe when we were only mediocre to bad. Under Leonsis we've declined to being a laughingstock. Suckitude on that level requires effort, it doesn't just happen. If I'm J. Wall I'm calling Arenas to get tips on what type of gun to bring to the locker room so that I can get the hell out of DC ASAP.

---------- Post added November-21st-2012 at 01:29 PM ----------

Can some of ya'll regular posters in here please take note of this? It can and should be done.

http://twitter.com/FireErnieG

...and freshly created: http://www.facebook.com/groups/437933396256203/

Funny that people are bringing up the Wittman face. My wife doesn't watch much basketball but when Wittman popped on the screen she asked me if he was the coach. Her response was "Does he always look like that? He looks like he's out of ideas and wants to be somewhere else."

Now back to Wizards news:

The Washington Wizards have had several unpleasant surprises early this season, but Trevor Booker's early-season struggles should vault near the top of the list.

It's hard not to love the way Trevor Booker plays basketball. When things are going right for him, he has no fear attacking the basket, flying in for rebounds and making all the hustle plays that get the team going. He isn't the biggest or the most skilled, but he plays like he gets the most out of the talent he has. As much as the Wizards tried to downplay his role, he always found a way to get minutes.

But that Trevor Booker has largely been absent this year. In his place: a tentative player whose lack of size, skill and lateral quickness is being exposed far too often.

An 0-9 start brings with it several unpleasant surprises, of course. This isn't to say that Booker is the most disappointing player on the team this year, nor is his downward production the singular cause for the Wizards' problems. But after two relatively productive seasons to begin his career, Booker's downturn is certainly surprising.

There are a number of issues plaguing Booker right now. First and foremost, his normally high shooting percentages are way, way down this year. Booker shot 55 and 53 percent from the field in his first two years, but he's just shooting 45 percent this year. His true shooting percentage is way down at 46.1 percent, and he's attempting less than one free throw per 36 minutes.

http://www.bulletsforever.com/2012/11/21/3675504/trevor-booker-washington-wizards-2012

I don't think Booker is ever going to be a starting caliber PF but I also have strong doubts as to Wittman's ability to coach bigs.

Edited by Destino

Who is starting tonight? I heard Seraphin was.

---------- Post added November-21st-2012 at 07:18 PM ----------

Livingston, Beal, Crawford, Vesely, & Seraphin starting tonight.

Oh nice. That was timely. Need to hit refresh more.

---------- Post added November-21st-2012 at 07:25 PM ----------

Saying Nene will get some limited time tonight. I'm hesitant to get my hopes up but I really hope this is the start of his return.

---------- Post added November-21st-2012 at 07:40 PM ----------

I like this starting lineup on paper. Beal getting the start at the 3?

---------- Post added November-21st-2012 at 07:41 PM ----------

If that lineup actually works, my respect for Wittman will go up. Grudgingly. But it would. He was finally honest about our situation, went back to the drawing board, and decided to play his most important guys long term.

---------- Post added November-21st-2012 at 07:44 PM ----------

LOL! Crawf will shoot from anywhere. And sometimes it works.

I enjoyed those 3 minutes.

Turning it over way too much. I see some hesitancy to shoot.

Still feeling each other out, but I think this is a lineup you stick with to try and see if something develops.

---------- Post added November-21st-2012 at 07:56 PM ----------

This game is basically just Horford and Josh Smith schooling us. Those guys are good.

---------- Post added November-21st-2012 at 07:57 PM ----------

I want to see Singleton be the main guy off the bench for this lineup.