Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I'm fine with it either way....him getting to the rim efficiently is just as good as jump shooting efficiently...I just wondered if he was hitting the Js tonight....that would be promising for the future. He absolutely needs to grab Jan and visit a shooting coach in the summer

Rather him get to the rim and draw fouls than settle for jumpers. Good game from him tonight.

I'm sorry, but it was refreshing to watch the Wizards without McGee and Young and only 20 minutes of Blatche. They played their ass off, played defense and just hustled. Nice to see Roger stepped up. Wall had a great first half and a nice little run to close it out (despite those back to back turnovers).

And not to pile on, but I just realized how...big Blatche has gotten. I watched it on a little standard-def TV tonight, and it was hard to tell him and Seraphin apart at times (and it's not like you can see the #'s on the jersey's). Nice airball to close out his night too.

Top 5 center?

But yes' date=' you bring up a valid point. No one wants to come here even if there were some FA available this offseason, so we would be screwed either way.[/quote']

Howard, Bynum, Noah, Gasol, Nene

you can make an argument for Monroe (but I consider him a PF)

you can try to make an argument for Gortat...but then I'll point out that he is a lousy defender

Hibbert, Chandler, and Jefferson are pushes.

I can see an argument against top 5 center (though I stand by my claim) but I can't see any way he isn't a top 10 guy......and we know we wont have to pay him more than 13 million a year anytime soon. Hibert and McGee will get richer deals than Nene this offseason.....Jefferson and Chandler already have richer deals. Phoenix was smart to get Gortat on such a good contract (back up center contract from when he was with Orlando)

Hibert and McGee will get richer deals than Nene this offseason.....

Hibbert deserves a decent deal. He has played quite well. Much better than expected actually. But Nene is not a top 5. I would put Chandler easily above Nene. Monroe, and Hibbert are above Nene. Ibaka is above him. Hell, even deandre jordan imo is above him even though he isnt all that great.

Javale is not getting 14 million a season. Please come back to reality. The value of him and our entire roster is so down the ****ter that the entire league considers them to be dumb, idiotic, scrubs. Javale's value was so low that we got hosed for an injury prone, aging center with a disgusting contract. The only way he gets 14 million is if he proves that he can be a productive player for Denver's playoff bound roster.

This is nothing but an ass saving trade for Grunfeld to show that he's not completely apathetic to the state of this team. Nene will help out somewhat in the short term but his contract is going to be a huge problem for this team two years down the line. They still won't be good enough to compete legitimately and they'll have his contract weighing down the potential to bring in much needed help.

Praising this trade is just in line with everything Grunfeld has ever done. It always looks nice up front, and then down the line you realize what a clown show this guy is running.

Javale is not getting 14 million a season. Please come back to reality. The value of him and our entire roster is so down the ****ter that the entire league considers them to be dumb, idiotic, scrubs. Javale's value was so low that we got hosed for an injury prone, aging center with a disgusting contract. The only way he gets 14 million is if he proves that he can be a productive player for Denver's playoff bound roster.

This is nothing but an ass saving trade for Grunfeld to show that he's not completely apathetic to the state of this team. Nene will help out somewhat in the short term but his contract is going to be a huge problem for this team two years down the line. They still won't be good enough to compete legitimately and they'll have his contract weighing down the potential to bring in much needed help.

Praising this trade is just in line with everything Grunfeld has ever done. It always looks nice up front, and then down the line you realize what a clown show this guy is running.

Exactly! We already had a Nene on this team. His name was Ronny Turiaf. So we traded him plus 2 other dudes for something we already had, that was sitting on the bench. All 3 were on 1 year deals that expired at the end of this year. Now we have a huge contract for a guy we dont even know can contribute more than Seraphin let alone play a full season.

i disagree 1000%....but only time will tell.

I'll sig bet you that McGee gets 50m+ this offseason.

i disagree 1000%....but only time will tell.

I'll sig bet you that McGee gets 50m+ this offseason.

I'll wait and see how he performs in Denver. He's a talented player, a productive center, better than Nene this year. But his value was completely destroyed thanks to our idiotic front office and coaching staff making him the scapegoat of the team.

This team will first do a great job of destroying its own players trade value, then trading them for other teams used up junk.

This is so typical of this franchise, dating back all the way to the 90's. Short sighted, dumb trades. Complete lack of balls. This is Ernie basically admitting that he can't do much better.

The ****ing Clippers were able to rebuild around Blake. The ****ing Clippers. We get Nene. :doh:

Edited by No Excuses

Anthony Davis = beast mode tonight. Cruised to a win, 16 points, 9 rebounds, 7 blocks. 3 assists, 1 steal, 5/8 from field and 6/8 from the line.

Perry Jones = meh, invisible on the offensive end with only 2 points but he did get 11 rebounds. The difference in his quality versus Davis' is tremendous.

Uconn is getting worked. Drummond has 2 points and 3 rebounds. Lamb has 13 points on 4 of 11 shooting. Losers.

Sully isn't shooting well tonight but he still has 12 points and 6 rebounds and Ohio State is firmly in control right now at the half.

Terrible rebounding and to a lesser extent blocks keep me from considering Nene top 5. He has NEVER averaged 7.9 rebounds per game or better. That's really low for a center.

the lack of rebounding is troubling. He might block less shots, but he is a better defender than McGee. Blocked shots and steals are soooooo overrated. Just because you block shots and get steals, does not mean you are a good defender!

you can get two steals in a matter of one minute of an NBA game (looks great on the stat sheet) but if you are a revolving door the rest of the game, you are a horrible defender.

Nene is an efficient scorer who has a much higher bball IQ than McGee. He will be able to run the pick n' roll with wall on offense and be able to defend it on defense.

---------- Post added March-15th-2012 at 11:12 PM ----------

I'll wait and see how he performs in Denver. He's a talented player, a productive center, better than Nene this year. But his value was completely destroyed thanks to our idiotic front office and coaching staff making him the scapegoat of the team.

This team will first do a great job of destroying its own players trade value, then trading them for other teams used up junk.

This is so typical of this franchise, dating back all the way to the 90's. Short sighted, dumb trades. Complete lack of balls. This is Ernie basically admitting that he can't do much better.

The ****ing Clippers were able to rebuild around Blake. The ****ing Clippers. We get Nene. :doh:

any team could have rebuilt around Blake Griffin...the guy is exciting and he's a stud. Averaged 20-10 as a 2nd year "rookie"...that is ridiculous!

calm down dude...I understand why you are frustrated...I don't blame you. But I'm putting my self proclaimed bball knowledge on the line here and saying this is the deal that helps turn us around. Nene is no super star, but he is very solid. We will get a top 5 draft pick this year and sign a major contributor with out 22 million in cap space (after rashard buyout and blatche amnesty) in the offseason.

Nene-Booker-Barnes-Gordon-Wall

.....bring it on...that's a playoff starting lineup in the East!

Paul is the star in LAC.

Clippers

2010-2011 32-59 (.390)

2011-2012 24-17 (.585)

New Orleans

2010-2011 46-36 (.561)

2011-2012 10-34 (.227)

Not as insane as Cleveland's first to worst experience with Lebron but not subtle either. True "star" players have a massive impact in wins and losses.

Anthony Davis = beast mode tonight. Cruised to a win, 16 points, 9 rebounds, 7 blocks. 3 assists, 1 steal, 5/8 from field and 6/8 from the line.

Perry Jones = meh, invisible on the offensive end with only 2 points but he did get 11 rebounds. The difference in his quality versus Davis' is tremendous.

Uconn is getting worked. Drummond has 2 points and 3 rebounds. Lamb has 13 points on 4 of 11 shooting. Losers.

Sully isn't shooting well tonight but he still has 12 points and 6 rebounds and Ohio State is firmly in control right now at the half.

Did you see the end of the Uconn game? Lamb completely pulled a McGee. I really hope we don't get him.

Nene isn't exactly young. He isn't old either. He's my age lol. I don't feel that young anymore.

Don't really see much in these moves. McGee and Young were gonna be free agents, we got an extra second round pick and a solid center. Not bad I guess. And Brian Cook wowzers. He ain't bad though. Frontcourt upgrade for sure in this deal.

Just saw Nene's contract. Holy moly christ. And he is injury prone. Wonderful.

People were begging for us to trade McGee....and this is what we get. I would've rather just let him walk at the end of the year instead of this.

Edited by abdcskins

we could trade Nene if need be he's not a hard player to trade..

---------- Post added March-16th-2012 at 02:30 AM ----------

but i think he's a good fit for wall to build around. And if we get Anthony Davis, Barnes, MGK, we should be at least watchable next year

Edited by WALL-LE