Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I was the opposite Steve I have like a 10" vertical lol I could almost touch the rim. I played football and basketball from 8 through HS then wrestled 4 years. I have a nasty jumpshot even now and have good handles but still can't jump. I really enjoy frustrating guys talking trash and not letting them get the ball. I will face guard them and it pisses them off so bad they quit moving turning into a spectator.

Now I live thru my son coaching his football, basketball and this year his baseball team.

Ahahaha! No I never did stuff like face guarding but I would throw elbows and hip checks if someone pissed me off. If I played pickup games, it was usually with my close friends so it was mostly a friendly atmosphere. When I cheated it would mostly be just standing under my rim and cherry picking lay ups on outlet passes--this was the vast majority of my scoring.

I never played organized football growing up. My parents wouldn't let me even though my dad and uncle had played. I didn't have the body for it and was too slow, didn't really fill out until college. Our H.S. team wasn't any good any way. It's a tiny rural high school with about 800 some odd students. We had good athletes but really only three coaches for the program and our head coach wasn't any good. Basically we'd been running the same six plays on offense since the 70s with no changes.

To give you a sense of how small my school was, we didn't even have a wrestling team. It was the only public school in the county.

My sport was tennis in school and got pretty good by my Senior year but wasn't competitive enough in it to take it but so far. It was more about having fun, avoiding the running from playing on the soccer team, and meeting the girls on the girls tennis team for me (always the best looking ones in school). I was what we called a "shot artist" (think Nick Young). I used to enjoy seeing what kind of high difficulty shots I could pull off. I used to slice drop shots and put so much backspin on them that they'd bounce back over the net onto my side of the court, in the middle of matches no less.

I kind of got away from team sports a bit in high school and poured myself into music and literature instead. I didn't really return to my obsession until my freshman year of college and I can probably thank Joe Gibbs deciding to come back for that.

If I ever have a son, I wonder if I'd try and take up coaching. Knowing my luck he'd hate sports and prefer dance or theater or something--not that there is anything wrong with that. I just wouldn't know the first thing about how to get involved with that.

I suppose I could get behind Calipari. I could get behind just about any coach against Wittman.

Why aren't we trading for Enes Kanter? This is a deal that should have been made before GS traded for Bogut. Javale and change for Ellis and change to Utah for Kanter and change to us.

As it is, does Utah have no interest in JaVale and change? They're bigs are all shortish, stocky scorers. JaVale gives them something different--legit 7 footer with length and the ability to play above the rim. They wouldn't accept an offer of JaVale + NY/Crawford + Singleton/Vesely for Kanter and something minor back? Seems kind of overwhelming for a young player who has barely played and has no future minutes available behind three more highly regarded guys.

Wall and Kanter as the core of a Calipari team could be solid since they are his guys. Especially if we finish with a top three pick and end up with either Anthony Davis or MKG.

As a Memphis alum, screw Calipari. I'd consider switching teams if that a**hole came aboard. Corrupt the program and then just leave and turn your back on us after nobody else wanted your sorry ass and we gave you a second chance after the UMass scandal. Screw Cal. I'd rather have a little league coach coach us.

I suppose I could get behind Calipari. I could get behind just about any coach against Wittman.

Why aren't we trading for Enes Kanter? This is a deal that should have been made before GS traded for Bogut. Javale and change for Ellis and change to Utah for Kanter and change to us.

As it is, does Utah have no interest in JaVale and change? They're bigs are all shortish, stocky scorers. JaVale gives them something different--legit 7 footer with length and the ability to play above the rim. They wouldn't accept an offer of JaVale + NY/Crawford + Singleton/Vesely for Kanter and something minor back? Seems kind of overwhelming for a young player who has barely played and has no future minutes available behind three more highly regarded guys.

Wall and Kanter as the core of a Calipari team could be solid since they are his guys. Especially if we finish with a top three pick and end up with either Anthony Davis or MKG.

All that for Kanter!? Yo've gone mad. haha.

All that for Kanter!? Yo've gone mad. haha.

JaVale is the most valuable piece' date=' but I don't think a JaVale for Kanter swap straight up gets it done.

Crawford and NY have very little value. I doubt throwing them in adds a ton of value to the deal but the back court scoring might be enough to get some initial interest from the Jazz.

Singleton or Vesely probably gets the deal done. They're not overly valuable but each have more than either NY or Crawford do.

I would do the deal for JaVale, Singleton, and NY for sure. I'd be a little more anxious to keep Crawford and Vesely--they'd need to throw something else into the deal to make me happy.

Kanter is a really good player.

---------- Post added March-15th-2012 at 01:32 PM ----------

What would you trade for Kanter?

Think a JaVale + Vesely deal gets it done?

Been thinking about where to post this, decided on the Terps thread, can't find it so **** it. I'm posting it here. Future Bullets-star* Michael Adams being yelled at by young Gary Williams at Boston College

AoC1joBCMAEazgF.jpg

Cool picture I thought. @si_vault posts great sports pics on twitter all day long. One of my fav accounts to follow

* Tongue in cheek. Though I did enjoy watching Adams play. I think they called his shot a push shot or something. IIRC, has some records for 3-pointers. Or used to anyway. Small as hell but could fill it up

---------- Post added March-15th-2012 at 01:43 PM ----------

Here's Adams shooting some free throws for youngsters who have no idea who Adams is

And now I've fallen into the never-ending hole that is youtube. Check out this vid of Don Nelson shooting free throws. Holy ****

---------- Post added March-15th-2012 at 01:57 PM ----------

And lastly, I love this vid. Everything about it. THIS is the NBA I grew up with.

Check out Robert Horry throw it down at 00:24. SICK. Michael Adams with a Bullets dagger at 00:36. Adams again at 4:20. And then one of my all time favorites, Robert Pack just absolutely posterizing someone at 1:16 and then posterizing someone else at 4:30. Googs draining a 3 for the Bullets to end the half at 1:54. Shawn Kemp, Jordan, Detlef Schrempf, rookie Shaq (getting dunked on and then taunted by Derrick Coleman at 10:20). On and on. Great vid.

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

A little over 40minutes left until the deadline

According to Michael Lee, teams are not even listening to pitches for Blatche. Still trying to move McGee, but apparently they're having trouble matching salaries (which means they're probably not looking at players on their rookie deals)

A little over 40minutes left until the deadline

According to Michael Lee, teams are not even listening to pitches for Blatche. Still trying to move McGee, but apparently they're having trouble matching salaries (which means they're probably not looking at players on their rookie deals)

would be nice if we could package Young, Blatche, and McGee for an overpaid starter (but someone who will bring value to the team).

I'd like to see us get in on Paul Pierce ....he is still under contract for a couple years and will provide the scoring we need.

Ernie is a loser. He made one good trade and he's been living off that ever since.

The state of this team is absolutely pathetic. Ted couldn't give a crap about this because he already has a cash cow with the Capitals, who by the way are getting another rise in season ticket prices next year despite an underachieving team.

Aldridge is saying we may we're still talking to Denver about McGee & Young for NeNe

Adrian Wojnarowski

‏ @WojYahooNBA

As part of three-team deal, Nene goes to the Wizards, JaVale McGee to Denver and Nick Young to Clippers, sources tell Y! Sports.

Edited by StillUnknown

Injury prone Nene with our crack medical staff is a match made in hell. Guy has played one season of full 82 games.

---------- Post added March-15th-2012 at 03:43 PM ----------

Unbelievable ****ty trade. Nene is injury prone, making 13 million a season and is having his worst season as a pro. Ernie is a dumbass.

Edited by No Excuses

Oh for the love of god... McGee for Nene and a useless 2nd round pick?! HAVE YOU SEEN HIS CONTRACT?!

2011-12: $13,000,000.

2012-13: $13,000,000.

2013-14: $13,000,000.

2014-15: $13,000,000.

2015-16: $13,000,000.

2016-17: UFA

He's 33 in the last year of that contract. He's already injury prone. I'm THIS close to becoming an OKC fan and justifying it by the fact Durant is from the DC area.

Edited by Destino