Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Completely agree. Amnesty Blatche, buyout Lewis and move on.

definitely do this if you can't trade them. I don't want either of these guys on my team next year.

---------- Post added February-8th-2012 at 07:11 PM ----------

I have a feeling Wall is gonna go off in this game. 27-10-10

I'm not seeing anything from Seraphin. McGee has 8 boards and straight knocked chandler off him for a score earlier. LOVED. THAT. Also have I lost my mind or did both Chandler and McGee attempt actual shots in this game? McGee hit one. Both looked like fish on bicycles trying to shoot.

If we guarded the perimeter shooters we'd be winning... Or if either Crawford or Young were hitting. Right now both are willing but unable.

I would put every player on the court on the bench for letting Lin dunk like that. No help defense to speak of, a bunch of million dollar spectators.

---------- Post added February-8th-2012 at 09:14 PM ----------

Wall looks physically scared to shoot a 3pt shot.

---------- Post added February-8th-2012 at 09:16 PM ----------

Getting blown out by a team missing their 2 all-stars..........sounds about right.

OK...I've defended McGee in the past, but I've now given up hope.

Dude is LOST...completely lost. He's been trash ever since his mom came outta pocket w/ her comments. Never have I seen someone so confused w. pick & roll defense. If the Wizards had a 1/2 way competent center with any semblance of a b-ball IQ, Wall would be averaging a few more assists per night due to some easy hoops. Just look at how much easier life is for Lin since he has a guy like Chandler manning the paint.

Oy vey.

Also...I swear this team looks better sans Melo. No pressure to get him his required "touches" on offense and guys are out there executing well. Can't wait to see how the perform on Friday vs. the Mike Brown defense.

Imagine Anthony Davis to John Wall, this team can turn around pretty quickly if you get a star in place in about 2 seasons, look at what the Clippers did, from 1st overall pick to Contenders in a year because free agents want to go there. JaVale McGee has all the talent in the world, he is an athletic freak and blocks 3 balls per game, he is just so unaware, not even like stupid, just absent minded which leads to mistakes, which usually adds to Wall's turnover count. I don't think he will turn into an aware high basketball IQ player ever, I think this is what you get, a talented player who is athletically gifted but is just not the smartest dude when it comes to basketball. I'm not saying he is stupid or like retarded or anything, he just needs to put more focus into his game, I too have trouble focusing on things too so I can understand.

John Wall is really playing well this year, problem is he will have a game where he is just completely cold and shoot like 1/12 or 2/14 which really kills him. He REALLY needs some support around him, this team is abysmal and I really don't know why. JaVale is talented, Young is talented, Vesely and Singleton are promising and not too bad for rookies. Well, I am just glad I don't have to run this team. Please bring on Drummond or Davis next year and hope that John Wall won't bolt for Los Angeles, New York, or Boston.

P.S Jeremy Lin is so overrated right now it isn't even funny.

How is Lin overrated? 3-0 as a starter and doing a damn good job in facilitating the offense. Yes, his numbers will come back to Earth, but it's insane NOT to give him props for what he's doing right now.

*I SERIOUSLY worry about this team losing Wall. This kid has been a winner on every level, and the state of the franchise has to be wearing on him. I said it before, but if things don't improve drastically, I wouldn't blame him at all if he wanted to bounce out of here. Things have to get better quickly. EG has to shake things up. Morale is at an all-time low and I'm not totally sure what can be done between now and next year to get this team on the right track. Just looking at the roster, it's laughable. Not one person (outside of Wall) is worth anything. This team is going to lose fans (if they haven't already) if things don't trend upwards. As far as EG shaking things up, he needs to figure something out NOW to at least make people see some sort of potential and get this team headed in the right direction.

Imagine Anthony Davis to John Wall, this team can turn around pretty quickly if you get a star in place in about 2 seasons, look at what the Clippers did, from 1st overall pick to Contenders in a year because free agents want to go there. JaVale McGee has all the talent in the world, he is an athletic freak and blocks 3 balls per game, he is just so unaware, not even like stupid, just absent minded which leads to mistakes, which usually adds to Wall's turnover count. I don't think he will turn into an aware high basketball IQ player ever, I think this is what you get, a talented player who is athletically gifted but is just not the smartest dude when it comes to basketball. I'm not saying he is stupid or like retarded or anything, he just needs to put more focus into his game, I too have trouble focusing on things too so I can understand.

John Wall is really playing well this year, problem is he will have a game where he is just completely cold and shoot like 1/12 or 2/14 which really kills him. He REALLY needs some support around him, this team is abysmal and I really don't know why. JaVale is talented, Young is talented, Vesely and Singleton are promising and not too bad for rookies. Well, I am just glad I don't have to run this team. Please bring on Drummond or Davis next year and hope that John Wall won't bolt for Los Angeles, New York, or Boston.

P.S Jeremy Lin is so overrated right now it isn't even funny.

Drummond and Davis is not what we need. We need offense...neither of these guys have an offensive game. And how is Jeremy Lin overrated? He has absolutely killed it the past three games. He might be the young PG the Knicks have been looking for. It will be interesting if he is the missing piece that turns the team around. Won the last 3 games and could keep rolling when Amare and Melo come back.

---------- Post added February-8th-2012 at 10:11 PM ----------

How is Lin overrated? 3-0 as a starter and doing a damn good job in facilitating the offense. Yes, his numbers will come back to Earth, but it's insane NOT to give him props for what he's doing right now.

*I SERIOUSLY worry about this team losing Wall. This kid has been a winner on every level, and the state of the franchise has to be wearing on him. I said it before, but if things don't improve drastically, I wouldn't blame him at all if he wanted to bounce out of here. Things have to get better quickly. EG has to shake things up. Morale is at an all-time low and I'm not totally sure what can be done between now and next year to get this team on the right track. Just looking at the roster, it's laughable. Not one person (outside of Wall) is worth anything. This team is going to lose fans (if they haven't already) if things don't trend upwards. As far as EG shaking things up, he needs to figure something out NOW to at least make people see some sort of potential and get this team headed in the right direction.

Agree...that's why you dump Ernie tomorrow and hire a new GM who isn't afraid to make a trade and shake things up. We need to trade the 2012 draft pick for someone who can come in and help on offense right away.

---------- Post added February-8th-2012 at 10:13 PM ----------

Agree...that's why you dump Ernie tomorrow and hire a new GM who isn't afraid to make a trade and shake things up. We need to trade the 2012 draft pick for someone who can come in and help on offense right away.

I've seen about like 30 players this season drop 23 points or more on us this year, I don't know why when Lin does it I need to hear about it every waking hour on ESPN and from other people, it wasn't like he dropped 40 or 50, he is a good player but I am just tired of hearing about him for the past week, he has been solid but not that spectacular, John Wall out played him anyways. I just am annoyed how a New York player can score 23 points on the worst defense in the league and then I have to hear about him all day and all night, it's just played. He has played 3 teams with a combined record of 26-50, it's not like he's an MVP canidate, if he were doing this for Golden State or something no one would even care.

I've seen about like 30 players this season drop 23 points or more on us this year, I don't know why when Lin does it I need to hear about it every waking hour on ESPN and from other people, it wasn't like he dropped 40 or 50, he is a good player but I am just tired of hearing about him for the past week, he has been solid but not that spectacular, John Wall out played him anyways. I just am annoyed how a New York player can score 23 points on the worst defense in the league and then I have to hear about him all day and all night, it's just played. He has played 3 teams with a combined record of 26-50, it's not like he's an MVP canidate, if he were doing this for Golden State or something no one would even care.

being that they picked this guy up out of the D League...it is pretty impressive. You are comparing a #1 overall draft pick to a D League guy. I wouldn't even say John out played him either, they were pretty even. Wall scored more, but Lin also got 10 dimes. Lin also shot a little more efficient than Wall, but Wall and Booker both had really good games. They continue to play well. Hopefully some of the other guys start helping them out more.

our defense people:

iE0IVYlnDOfMi.gif

This is NBA 2k12 on the easiest difficulty defense.

PATHETIC. A people say we don't need Anthoney Davis lmfao. We need him and more this team is pathetic at both ends of the floor. I have'nt seen a guy control the paint the way Davis does in years. I can't wait for the matchup between him and Moultrie in a couple weeks.

I'd be willing to bet that we could take Doron Lamb, MKG, Terrence Jones and Davis with Wall and win more games then this ragtag bunch we got. Kentucky has atleast 5 1st round picks on that team its crazy how much talent they have. I look forward to watching them tommorow night after Sully plays MSU.

Barnes had a ridiculus 2nd half tonight.

Booker is moving into the keeper category. We can complaining about McGee all day but until someone finds a center replacement I frankly have no use for whining. Guards and wings are a dime a dozen, centers are expensive and hard to find.... even bad ones. That's the reality of it so there is no use pretending otherwise.

This team more than anything needs scoring production from the wings. Young/Crawford may be the most inefficient SG combo in the NBA. Singleton/Vesely are defenders that can't score, and they are an improvement over Lewis. Our SGs were 5-21 today, fitting that it match our record.

Booker is moving into the keeper category. We can complaining about McGee all day but until someone finds a center replacement I frankly have no use for whining. Guards and wings are a dime a dozen, centers are expensive and hard to find.... even bad ones. That's the reality of it so there is no use pretending otherwise.

This team more than anything needs scoring production from the wings. Young/Crawford may be the most inefficient SG combo in the NBA. Singleton/Vesely are defenders that can't score, and they are an improvement over Lewis. Our SGs were 5-21 today, fitting that it match our record.

I hate to say it but McGee is just a dumb basketball player. That to me is very surprising growing up in a basketball family he just does'nt know how to play. He is a incredible athlete with so much potential but does'nt understand the game.

McGee needs to stay in the weight room this summer. I think he also needs to try to develop a mid range jumper so he can have a faceup game. Those fadeaway skyhooks gotta go.

And most important we need a vet coach with a heavily based pick&roll offense that will teach these guys how to play team defense. They don't even stop the ball thats rule #1 the hell with the kickout that video posted earlier is a perfect example.

I hate to say it but McGee is just a dumb basketball player. That to me is very surprising growing up in a basketball family he just does'nt know how to play. He is a incredible athlete with so much potential but does'nt understand the game.

McGee needs to stay in the weight room this summer. I think he also needs to try to develop a mid range jumper so he can have a faceup game. Those fadeaway skyhooks gotta go.

And most important we need a vet coach with a heavily based pick&roll offense that will teach these guys how to play team defense. They don't even stop the ball thats rule #1 the hell with the kickout that video posted earlier is a perfect example.

Defense in basketball, more than offense, is a team result. McGee gets heat for his "dumb" defense but he's the big at the center of a team that lets perimeter players somehow BOTH get wide open shot and run free into the lane. When he rolls a quick pass behind him leads to a dunk. Check out the gif above... Everyone notices the bigs avoiding becoming a poster. Motivation is lacking when guys comes screaming down the lane out of the half court offense without a defender even bothering him several times every game.

McGee needs focus on lower body / core strength. Until he develops a base and balances out that body he will struggle at anything and everything that comes after contact. I disagree about the hook shot though, that's a big man shot. Face up game is not something you just develop. If you've never been a shooter, you will never be a shooter. He needs to work on post moves an foot work, and improve that hook.

Edited by Destino

I'd lock McGee in film study before I lock him in the weight room. Doesn't matter how much he improves his strength if has no idea how to use it.

I agree with this, which is why I think our next coach will have to be somebody with some clout. As much as I would prefer an up & coming coach to grow with the team, that kind of coach may not command the respect necessary to get through to these guys.

Edited by StillUnknown

I didn't finish the game last night (its just too hard to watch these losses continuously. It just ruins my next day at work), but it seems like Wall's jumper has been falling a lot more consistently the past few games. I know I read a post about him not following through on his shot and that possibly being the reason that his j wasn't falling. Is his improvement as simple as that correction, or is he just getting lucky lately? I'm curious because after watching these past few games I've been bedazzled by how pretty some of his shots have looked.

---------- Post added February-9th-2012 at 07:50 AM ----------

I'd lock McGee in film study before I lock him in the weight room. Doesn't matter how much he improves his strength if has no idea how to use it.

I agree wholeheartedly. McGee at his current size can still be a force in the NBA if he knew ANYTHING. I mean I give him credit for improving his hookshot and trying to add some post moves, but the guy just seems so out of it that its comical. What's the point of having a nucklehead who looks like Shaq but still can't box out or get rebounds or stop goaltending? I'm still willing to work with McGee, but I want him to gain a lot of focus.

I agree with this, which is why I think our next coach will have to be somebody with some clout. As much as I would prefer an up & coming coach to grow with the team, that kind of coach may not command the respect necessary to get through to these guys.

I'm torn. Honestly, I just want somebody that Wall can grow with. I'm a bit afraid that we may get stuck with Wittman the same way that Ted did the Caps. Hopefully I'm just being naive, but it just doesn't feel right. But I want somebody who the team respects and who emphasizes defense and utilizes Wall's abilities. Thibodeau fits that mold to a tee, unfortunately he's taken though. Who else could we get to do that though? I don't know.

---------- Post added February-9th-2012 at 07:51 AM ----------

I remember when we drafted McGee and i read that he was the son of a former player. Instictively I assumed that this meant he was a hard worker and a disciple of studying film. Boy was I wrong.