Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

42 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

These dudes need to get a taste of winning and this draft class doesn't seem worth tanking for.  I don't see any big downside to making a playoff push.  It'd make the season so much more fun.

Brooks being extended is a big enough of a downside that I dont want to risk it

better coaching is more beneficial to the players than a superficial playoff run

Edited by StillUnknown

2 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

He plays emotionally.  There are peaks and valleys.

i liked this description from the article:

Even when Wall commits a seemingly reckless turnover, he usually has some thoughtful X’s and O’s reason for why it happened, almost as if he’s an expert lawyer who can justify either side’s argument in a case. 

16 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

If the Wizards are dumb enough to give up a first round pick for him and extend him, they deserve to stay irrelevant for the next decade. It's exactly like EG is still here with dumb **** moves before the trade deadline.  

He's also not a good defensive player.  All he does is rebound and make bunnies.  He is a slightly above replacement level player.  He'd also mean our most likely front court line up would be three guys under 6'10.

It's like we want to run out the smallest team in the league.  We'd have no chance to defend anybody.

Myles Turner is the best available trade option.  He is a real rim protector and he has enough shot making ability to be useful on offense if you have good guards setting the table for him.

If we trade for another big that can't protect the rim, it'll be proof to me that Shepherd doesn't have a clue as to how to build a defense.

I watched a little of the wizards post game talk show and one of the dudes was complaining that Turner had the worst size of the available options while simultaneously flogging the idea of trading for Thompson...

The Wizards media is, by and large, just so dumb and know-nothing.  They regurgitate obvious nonsense from the team.  I noticed they've also finally started harping on the theme of the team not having a ton protector, something that should have been recognized years ago.  But it's always used as an excuse for bad play rather than a criticism of how the team was built.  God, it ****ing drives me nuts every time I hear Drew Gooden say a bunch of bull**** about how you don't have to play good defense to win, and that it's ok to not be a good defender.  It's utter nonsense and he is never called out in it.  And it makes me feel like no one attached to this organization really has a clue about what it truly takes to win.

• Like 2

On 2/2/2020 at 8:45 PM, StillUnknown said:

Brooks being extended is a big enough of a downside that I dont want to risk it

better coaching is more beneficial to the players than a superficial playoff run

You dont reward someone for finally wiping their ass if they **** on the wall everyday.

If Shep is for real, hell get rid of Brooks regardless of a getting closer to a playoff berth they cant get anyway.

Doesnt he have one season left on contract after this?  They may jus not renew him, but the secret extension over a pentagram days should be over by now.

Edited by Renegade7