Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Wizards Thread: The JOHN WALL ERA


Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, Rocky21 said:


Need to more be emphasis on defense and obviously better players. I think Tommy Shep has done really well for the first year but this should put the FO on notice that they can’t be meek and conservative when it comes to making roster moves like they were under Ernie. They need to aggressively pursue top talent.

Edited by No Excuses
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rocky21 said:

 

Unless he's hinting at some unseen locker room ****,  i dont get this one. By all accounts the players we have all work hard and the chemistry is good despite being a loser.

 

A better culture wont fix this roster's defense. Everybody knew we would be horrible defensively, which Beal has been a large part of the problem on that end. Coaching can be better, but you will never field anything resembling a competent defense with no rim protectors or guards who cant stay in front of people

Edited by StillUnknown
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

The defense is trash.  It doesn't have the talent to compete.  The only way to change that is to change personnel.  That's going to take time.  He should understand this.  But it should also be pretty clear to the FO they need to invest in real defensive talent.  This roster they put together this year was obviously and inexcusably bad at defense, and seemed like a clear signalling of intent to tank the year.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

The defense is trash.  It doesn't have the talent to compete.  The only way to change that is to change personnel.  That's going to take time.  He should understand this.  But it should also be pretty clear to the FO they need to invest in real defensive talent.  This roster they put together this year was obviously and inexcusably bad at defense, and seemed like a clear signalling of intent to tank the year.

 

To be fair to Beal, I believe this is the aspect of the culture hes really focused on that I dont believe has changed even with Ernie being gone.  How do you prioritize defensive mentality by not prioritizing defensive capabilities in any of the players or coaches? I'm convinced he wanted Brooks gone, too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, justice98 said:

 

I mean, you dump Ernie but keep Scott Brooks, you get what you get.  You only completed 50% of the transaction.

 

I am no fan of Brooks, but i think he has made the best of the hand he has been dealt this year. No coach would have this team playing decent defense. His work on the offense has damn near been a miracle.

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

 

I am no fan of Brooks, but i think he has made the best of the hand he has been dealt this year. No coach would have this team playing decent defense. His work on the offense has damn near been a miracle.


You would be wrong. 
 

Exhibit A: I Thomas 

Exhibit B: everything else for the last 10 years of his coaching career. 
 

He’s a terrible coach that routinely puts his players in harms way. It’s one thing if they play bad. It’s another if you play Otto/Rui l/etc at the 5, or An injured beal 40 min in a 20+ point blowout. He actively makes this team worse and learn bad habits. He should have been canned along with EVERYONE in the FO. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:


You would be wrong. 
 

Exhibit A: I Thomas 

Exhibit B: everything else for the last 10 years of his coaching career. 
 

He’s a terrible coach that routinely puts his players in harms way. It’s one thing if they play bad. It’s another if you play Otto/Rui l/etc at the 5, or An injured beal 40 min in a 20+ point blowout. He actively makes this team worse and learn bad habits. He should have been canned along with EVERYONE in the FO. 

 

I can agree that he probably should have been fired before the season, but that doesnt really have a bearing on what he's doing this year. There is no logical reason that this collection of castoffs and g-leaguers should be top 5 offense for as long as they have been. If we rightfully kill him for the defense, you have to credit him for the offense.

 

Brooks defensive issues are indefensible, but its almost like since he knows they dont have the personnel to do better, he's poured all his focus into the offense. In a way, i can respect that line of thinking.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

There is an entire section in the team store dedicated the Bullets gear AND you can noticed the word "Wizards" is appearing less and less on stuff. Amazing how Ted KNOWS the Wizards name has never been embraced and even makes money off of it. But refuses to take that next step.

 

Oh, and this Jersey is fire. Even if they took this and replaced Bullets with "Washington" or "The District". That would be another upgrade.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Beal's comments probably changed the narrative around the damn team. instead of the scrappy, fun dudes with not much talent, every game is going to be a referendum on "culture"

6 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

Can they just release IT already?

 

he better be the greatest teammate in the history of team, because otherwise.........

Link to post
Share on other sites

Beal can gripe all he wants but the wizards don’t have the horses to beat the defending champs.  Even without Kawhi, they’re still a well oiled veteran machine with the confidence only a championship can give you.  
 

I don’t think the wizards are underperforming.  Fully healthy at the start of the season I predicted a lottery pick and less than 30 wins.  This roster shouldn’t be beating the nbas better teams.

 

the teams that are underperforming are in Phoenix and Atlanta.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Whatever. Beal been second rate for years. He’s a number 2 that’s been convinced he’s a number 1 by everyone. He was better spotting up for 3’s and driving occasionally. He thought he could be a 1. He’s not. Scott Brooks is to blame here with his iso ball offense. Brad shouldn’t talk when mcrae can bring the same he brings 

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

Whatever. Beal been second rate for years. He’s a number 2 that’s been convinced he’s a number 1 by everyone. He was better spotting up for 3’s and driving occasionally. He thought he could be a 1. He’s not. Scott Brooks is to blame here with his iso ball offense. Brad shouldn’t talk when mcrae can bring the same he brings 

 

are you Drew Gooden?

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
×
  • Create New...