Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

1 hour ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

Get that man a cookie.  Get Snyder a vomit flavored Harry Potter bean.

It is funny. A few years ago, everyone hated Leonsis and called him the worst owner in the league. Some on this very board hated him even more than Snyder.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Burgold said:

It is funny. A few years ago, everyone hated Leonsis and called him the worst owner in the league. Some on this very board hated him even more than Snyder.

I still think his handling of the NBA team has been beyond bad. We'll see if this works. But right now, it hasn't yet and they have a ****ty team with a poor cap situation.

Not ready to declare Ted anything. 

Good on the Mystics for breaking through.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

I still think his handling of the NBA team has been beyond bad. We'll see if this works. But right now, it hasn't yet and they have a ****ty team with a poor cap situation.

Not ready to declare Ted anything. 

Good on the Mystics for breaking through.

The second they get Beal signed and Ian contract off the books, the goal needs to be trading for a star like the Mystics did.  That's what changed the conversation for them, not hoping they draft better or an MVP level player decides to sign with them, jus go get someone elses.

46 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

That is not good.  Glad she got her ring because I don't think she has a lot of basketball left.

Wtf, right?  So many questions, like how did it happen, who made the call to let her play?  If she knew she had three, did the trainers not?  Was it independent she went to, or did team doctors just let her make the call.  She got the ring at all costs, but the costs havent really shown up yet.

43 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

The second they get Beal signed and Ian contract off the books, the goal needs to be trading for a star like the Mystics did.  That's what changed the conversation for them, not hoping they draft better or an MVP level player decides to sign with them, jus go get someone elses.

If Wall doesn't come back at 80% of what he was or better. I don't know. Might need to wait a few more years to get away from that contract. 

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

Wtf, right?  So many questions, like how did it happen, who made the call to let her play?  If she knew she had three, did the trainers not?  Was it independent she went to, or did team doctors just let her make the call.  She got the ring at all costs, but the costs havent really shown up yet.

It depends on the severity of the hernias I guess, but that kind of injury has pretty much been career threatening.  I doubt playing in these final games changed her prognosis in any way.  If she needs surgery, she's got like two years left.  If she can be treated without surgery, it's still like two years, but maybe a little more.  Either way, this is probably the end of her time as the league's dominant player.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

If Wall doesn't come back at 80% of what he was or better. I don't know. Might need to wait a few more years to get away from that contract. 

I dont know if we have time to confirm that before getting Beal to commit.  Isnt Wall expect to miss this season?  We may end up wasting Beal if Wall isnt 100% and chose not to trade for a star or losing chance to trade Beal if we wait too long.

4 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I dont know if we have time to confirm that before getting Beal to commit.  Isnt Wall expect to miss this season?  We may end up wasting Beal if Wall isnt 100% and chose not to trade for a star or losing chance to trade Beal if we wait too long.

I agree. I would hope for the best buy plan for the worst. Meaning, if Beal can bring back a kings ransom in value in a trade. I'm leaning towards it. He's going to get run into the court this year for what? 20-25 wins?

1 hour ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

I agree. I would hope for the best buy plan for the worst. Meaning, if Beal can bring back a kings ransom in value in a trade. I'm leaning towards it. He's going to get run into the court this year for what? 20-25 wins?

Not trading Beal is why I'm not buying the full rebuild narrative.  

17 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Not trading Beal is why I'm not buying the full rebuild narrative.  

Yeah. That's not how they view it.

The Wiz don't view it as a complete rebuild.

The goal is to retain Beal, develop the young guys (Rui, Thomas, Troy etc), add another high pick (hopefully #1) and hope John bounces back.

IF that happens the outlook changes significantly.

I'm in a wait and see mode.

Should be interesting.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

Yeah. That's not how they view it.

The Wiz don't view it as a complete rebuild.

The goal is to retain Beal, develop the young guys (Rui, Thomas, Troy etc), add another high pick (hopefully #1) and hope John bounces back.

IF that happens the outlook changes significantly.

I'm in a wait and see mode.

Should be interesting.

It's all in for the 8th seed.