Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Why give him that. Put him at the end of the bench and tell the press it's because he's got an attitude problem. You have to pay him anyway, may as well make an example out of him. If you amnesty him he can collect his millions at the beach.

I don't know if I want his presence around the team. Send him on the worlds longest cruise or something. He is completely useless. At the same time, does it really matter that he's around this group of losers?

This team is so pathetic.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wizards-insider/post/wizards-inept-offense-primary-reason-for-struggles/2012/01/08/gIQAHhbLkP_blog.html

“It goes back to every guy wanting to be that guys that gets us over the hump,” Andray Blatche said. Our strength is we got a lot of great scorers, and that’s our weakness. "

The award for the most delusional statement of the year goes to ...................

I don't know if I want his presence around the team. Send him on the worlds longest cruise or something. He is completely useless. At the same time, does it really matter that he's around this group of losers?

This team is so pathetic.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wizards-insider/post/wizards-inept-offense-primary-reason-for-struggles/2012/01/08/gIQAHhbLkP_blog.html

The award for the most delusional statement of the year goes to ...................

Yep our problem is that we're so good we don't know how to handle it.

True, I just meant in general for us regular average joes. :)

It would be nice right?

"Tom, we noticed you're performance declined and yesterday you told your boss that you didn't feel like working and spent the rest of the day in the break room. We're going to need you to stay home and we'll forward you paychecks for a year. Hopefully you learn from this."

lol

For the people who say that the Wiz's bad performance isn't a problem, this is a rebuild - this isn't the way to rebuild a team. You don't tear it down so completely that it is the worst team in the NBA. If you just put a total piece of garbage on the floor, you need a Lebron or Kobe to save your team.

Wall isn't that player, hopefully the next high draft choice is.

Out of curiosity, when is the last time an NBA team that was built primarily through the draft won an NBA championship?

In all honesty, this team is NOT a high draft pick away from being competitive. We're the 5th youngest team in the league and just got the #1 pick a minute ago with John Wall. Especially now, teams that want rings need superstars. So guess what: it's time to pull out the brinks truck. Definitely fire the coach, but I wouldn't even be against doing some trades to get higher quality talent on the roster.

Potential is nice, but as we can see it's not enough in a league dominated by superstars...

It would be nice right?

"Tom, we noticed you're performance declined and yesterday you told your boss that you didn't feel like working and spent the rest of the day in the break room. We're going to need you to stay home and we'll forward you paychecks for a year. Hopefully you learn from this."

lol

Look where he is on this list. To me that makes it so much more infuriating and out of principle, I wouldn't send him home but Haynesworth him by banishing him from the active roster.

http://www.forbes.com/pictures/eddf45fgjl/the-nbas-highest-paid-players/#content

Edited by DCchillin89

For the people who say that the Wiz's bad performance isn't a problem, this is a rebuild - this isn't the way to rebuild a team. You don't tear it down so completely that it is the worst team in the NBA. If you just put a total piece of garbage on the floor, you need a Lebron or Kobe to save your team.

Wall isn't that player, hopefully the next high draft choice is.

I agree. As I've said time and time again--when it comes to both the Skins and Wiz now--there is a difference between losing and being embarrassing. The Skins under Zorn? Embarrassing. Under Shanahan, this year? Losing but rebuilding, not embarrassing. The Wiz, this year? ****ing embarrassing. I'm on fully on board with Flip gone. And I've got to be on board with Ernie being gone. I forget who made it but I like the Kevin Pritchard suggestion.

Still on the Wall bandwagon though.

The only players going forward that have a future of this team are Wall, Young, Singleton, McGee and Booker. Out of this, Young and Booker are better suited for a reserve role. The jury is still out on Jan. The rest of the team is simply awful.

A floor stretching PF has to be the target in the draft. I will admit that besides Jeremy Lamb (who I really like), I don't know much about any other player in the upcoming draft. Who is the best PF who has some range to his game?

The only players going forward that have a future of this team are Wall, Young, Singleton, McGee and Booker. Out of this, Young and Booker are better suited for a reserve role. The jury is still out on Jan. The rest of the team is simply awful.

A floor stretching PF has to be the target in the draft. I will admit that besides Jeremy Lamb (who I really like), I don't know much about any other player in the upcoming draft. Who is the best PF who has some range to his game?

Andre Drummond lacks outside touch, but I really think he could be the Stoudemire to Wall's Nash.

I recently read, that he said he's going back to UConn. Isn't a little to early to already declare? Hopefully he's bs'ing. I like him too.

You never know with these Basketball Factories like Kentucky and Uconn. It'll probably hinge on whether Calhoun retires. I'd be cool with Jeremy Lamb too tho... he reminds me of a more athletic Rip Hamilton

How has Perry Jones performed so far? Last year it seemed that most people thought he didn't play as well as he should have. Has he taken that next step?

He looks more confident this year, but could still end up being Anthony Randolph 2.0. Too much of a gamble for what this team needs. We already used a crapshoot pick on Vesely

I was ****ing seething watching Rubio yesterday. Who trades the #5 pick overall for two players whose contracts expire in 1 year and 2 years (but only ends up playing1?) When you get clowned by the Timberwolves, you know you are ****ing up.

And yeah I heard the boos yesterday. Watching Rubio in the pros is going to kill me.

I recently read, that he said he's going back to UConn. Isn't a little to early to already declare? Hopefully he's bs'ing. I like him too.

I haven't got a chance to watch UConn at all this season, and I want to see him play. His box scores make him look kinda inconsistent, but I hate judging players on that alone.

I'm not sure we can wait on another project.

http://www.tedstake.com/2012/01/09/happy-birthday/

Yesterday was my birthday.

I was inundated by more than 1000 emails and Facebook email messages wishing me Happy Birthday. I can’t respond to so many good wishes so thank you all via my blog for remembering my birthday. Elvis and Stephen Hawking too! Happy Birthday.

I did not get a very nice birthday gift though from the Washington Wizards.

I was up close and watched a very dispirited effort by our team yesterday afternoon; which really surprised me after such a strong effort against the Knicks.

There is a lot of noise right now – and lots of angst – I have found the best thing to do in times of stress and turmoil is to do research; be analytical; NOT emotional; and try to find ways to improve.

I appreciate all of your emails; and blog posts and suggestions on what to do.

Obviously – no one is happy with the progress we are making as a team; it is important that we be measured and smart in how we move forward.

Thank you for caring so much and for all of your input.

Ah Washington Sports, where draft talk begins shortly after the season starts. Can't wait until we reach a point to where we aren't worrying about the draft really until after the season. That'll be nice.

What else do we have to talk about? Flip and EG getting fired? Wall being a bust? Blatche and Rashard's leadership? This draft is unprecedented in its depth. Frankly it's the only positive thing the Wizards have going for them.

I agree about Rubio. When I heard we had traded our pick to the Wolves, you'd think we would be getting a couple nice prospects, but we got Mike Miller and Randy Foye, two reserve players. Grunfeld got Cerrato-ed....by David ****ing Kahn.

Plus Rubio made it absolutely clear pre-draft that he wanted absolutely nothing to do with DC. This was still Gil's team, Rubio didn't think he would get any burn here. I distinctly remember reports of Rubio's agent telling us to **** off pre-draft and to not even think about drafting him.

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

Plus Rubio made it absolutely clear pre-draft that he wanted absolutely nothing to do with DC. This was still Gil's team, Rubio didn't think he would get any burn here. I distinctly remember reports of Rubio's agent telling us to **** off pre-draft and to not even think about drafting him.

He said the same stuff about not wanting to go to Minnesota either.

Rubio is almost inconsequential to my overall point though. I'm cool with trading the #5 pick for immediate help. I'm not cool with Grunfeld only getting Mike Miller & Randy Foye.

He said the same stuff about not wanting to go to Minnesota either.

Rubio is almost inconsequential to my overall point though. I'm cool with trading the #5 pick for immediate help. I'm not cool with Grunfeld only getting Mike Miller & Randy Foye.

Minny could afford to wait him out. We weren't in that position then.

But you're right, Miller/Foye was absurd.