Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Drew Gooden’s nba player comparison for Rui is Scottie Pippen, which is just plain stupid.  The ****ty new play by play guy doubles down on the stupid and says Rui can guard 1 through 5.  Good grief.

Im not sure either of these two bums could tell me which of them guys playing is Hachimura.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I like Beal's article on the Mystics.  I'm learning a fandom for the team since I've been able to watch them on ESPN.  Fun reading a high level player's perspective on their players.  As a spectator, I like Sanders and I like Hawkins.  I like the line ups where both of them are on the court at the same time.  I think those two are the hidden X factors for the team.  Meeseman and Delle-Donne are going to score points.  And Cloud and Tolliver are going to have huge control over the game flow.  When Hawkins and Sanders do the nitty gritty and make their shots, the Mystics look dominant.  I have a lot of respect for the way Sanders guarded Cambage in the last series.  She is a legitimately good defensive player and I like her post game as a form of easy go to offense that can help them weather opposing runs.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

Suns are annoying. They cry about every call.

They are playing on pure emotion right now and it shows.  They’re volatile tonight.  They’ll be hard to match so long as they’re feeling good and winning.  If they get in a big hole though, I think they’ll crack.  

Edit:  do they have a different shot click buzzer in the WNBA that I just never noticed before tonight?

5 minutes ago, Destino said:

They are playing on pure emotion right now and it shows.  They’re volatile tonight.  They’ll be hard to match so long as they’re feeling good and winning.  If they get in a big hole though, I think they’ll crack.  

I think it’s happening.  They were sure they were run us out and were hopping all over the court laughing . Now they are yelling at every call and getting upset at everything. Just need to dial in and put our foot on the throat with a run. 

Edited by RichmondRedskin88