Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

8 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I hope the new GM can find a way to keep Beal.  I agree with wanting a purging otherwise, only Beal and Wall safe.

They need to be realistic about it. Beal would have to sit through YEARS of really bad teams for any chance to compete. Does he want that? Do you want to pay him for that? Could you get great assets for a rebuild? 

• Like 2

Just now, @SkinsGoldPants said:

They need to be realistic about it. Beal would have to sit through YEARS of really bad teams for any chance to compete. Does he want that? Do you want to pay him for that? Could you get great assets for a rebuild? 

This... His stock will never be higher. I doubt they'll actually do it, but it's probably the best basketball move they can make.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

He's young.  Wall is the player that can't afford to wait, assuming he can still even play basketball at a high level. Remember that getting a star is not assured, even if you do tank.  There are a lot of NBA teams that stay at rock bottom.  People forget how many top three picks bust in the NBA... and even those that don't can turn into guys like Andrew Wiggins that spend a lot of time losing. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Destino said:

He's young.  Wall is the player that can't afford to wait, assuming he can still even play basketball at a high level. Remember that getting a star is not assured, even if you do tank.  There are a lot of NBA teams that stay at rock bottom.  People forget how many top three picks bust in the NBA... and even those that don't can turn into guys like Andrew Wiggins that spend a lot of time losing. 

Wall has no value right now to anybody else. None. There is no reason to rush him back. This whole "might be back at the end of next year" thing is nonsense. 

Of course top picks can be busts. We've had them here. I don't know if Ernie picked a guy like Jan Vesely because his scouts graded him too high ,or despite what his scouts did. But if Ted is going to make the most of this right now. He has to invest in scouting because they need to get the most out of the few options they have.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Off topic, you gonna boo him?

Not his first at bat.

2 hours ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Won't get equal value so what a the point of trading him?  I'm not a tank guy

7 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Won't get equal value so what a the point of trading him?  I'm not a tank guy

Between what you and Des said, I might be changing my mind.

Thing is, there's absolutely no way they're contending any time soon. You have a very valuable trade piece. You have to at least float the idea out there.

• Like 1