Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

7 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

He's a combo forward, same as Jeff Green and Mike Scott.  He plays the vast majority of his minutes at PF, including this season, where 88% of them have been at the 4.  Good numbers for a rotation player at his position and role would be at least a 110+ ORtg, which would put him in or near the top 50 for forwards.  105 is an absolute minimum level for being rotation caliber.  101 is crap, and demonstrates his inefficiency.  He's a chucker and a turnover machine when all you want from bench forwards is someone who will catch the ball and hit jumpers and finish cuts and pick and rolls and keep the ball flowing when he doesn't have a shot.

Wall is a Chucker. 49% FG for his career isn't in efficiency, neither his is 54.5% shooting percentage with us. Nobody is a chucker near or above 50% shooting, they are just efficient. Wall shooting 18+ time a game at 42% is a chucker and inefficient

Really big game here, don't think we overcome losing it if we actually wanted to sneak into the playoffs and make that miami game mean something.

On 3/12/2019 at 7:49 PM, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

Working on a family tree (ancestry.com) and there's a strong possibility Dwight may be my cousin.

Who knew....

• Haha 1

future Wizards stories:

- miss the playoffs

- ted "reviews" ernie's record

- credit is giving for "fighting" despite injuries and shedding salary

- ernie is brought back, although this time its not a secret extension.

- Ted tells him this time when he says 50 wins & no excuses, he really, really, really means it

- I continue to die a little more on the inside

20 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

future Wizards stories:

- miss the playoffs

- ted "reviews" ernie's record

- credit is giving for "fighting" despite injuries and shedding salary

- ernie is brought back, although this time its not a secret extension.

- Ted tells him this time when he says 50 wins & no excuses, he really, really, really means it

- I continue to die a little more on the inside

When does getting skull***ked by a division rival at home in a desperate attempt to make the playoffs matter?  We need to switch jerseys with Wade after he walks away with another win?  We look patheticly unprepared for this game, is Jay Gruden coaching?

13 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Shut Beal down and just freaking tank.

leading the league in minutes and distance traveled

he played 45 minutes last night and the entire 2nd half in which the Wizards were down 15pts for the overwhelming majority of the half.

remember what Thibs did to Loul Deng?

this clown is really paid 7mil per year

Edited by StillUnknown
  • Sad 1

Yikes... Beal just went parallel while in the air. Drove the lane and was met by Valencuinas. Luckily got back up. Was a hard fall.

He's gonna be the next star to kill himself trying to carry this **** franchise 

Edited by CRobi21

24 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

Yikes... Beal just went parallel while in the air. Drove the lane and was met by Valencuinas. Luckily got back up. Was a hard fall.

He's gonna be the next star to kill himself trying to carry this **** franchise 

Saw that live, maybe Brooks wants to rethink his asinine comment about what goes on in a basketball game.  Who am I kinding, Brooks doesn't think, otherwise we aren't having this conversation.  If he was a Windows 98 computer he'd be bootlooping.

• Sad 1

I mean if we were like a top 3 or 4 seed, sure run Beal to the ground.

But we're not making the playoffs. Just stop with the charade. Shut his ass down.

God how I loathe the idiocy and inability to critically think that plagues half the franchises in this town.

• Like 1

I got back/forth on Jabari Parker.  Wizards haven't had a legit 3rd guy who can create off the dribble in the Wall/Beal era.  He's got a ton of warts, but the upside is clearly there since he's only 23.  Why can't he be a reclamation project like Caron Butler?  Offensively, at times, he reminds me of Carmelo Anthony. 

Edited by RonArtest15
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, RonArtest15 said:

I got back/forth on Jabari Parker.  Wizards haven't had a legit 3rd guy who can create off the dribble in the Wall/Beal era.  He's got a ton of warts, but the upside is clearly there since he's only 23.  Why can't he be a reclamation project like Caron Butler?  Offensively, at times, he reminds me of Carmelo Anthony. 

i think once he gets paid, he'll revert back to the wrong ways. Too much risk for me

2 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

i think once he gets paid, he'll revert back to the wrong ways. Too much risk for me

Possibly, but I think it's a gamble I'd make.  If it comes down to a decision between him and Portis, I'd go with Parker 10x outta 10. 

• Like 2

Just now, Renegade7 said:

Wouldn't that pretty much assure he's coming back if he does get elected?

depends on his mindset. If its only about dollars, then that gives us an advantage

if he wants to win something, he might be willing to lose out on that additional money. Hard to turn down 8 figures of extra income, but Ant Davis just did.

2 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

it would be alot easier to answer if we didn't have 21 mil committed to Mahinmi & Dwight

Don't both only have one year left on their contracts after this year?  I don't trust Parker either, btw, but I can see why some people would like to keep him.  I've lost count the number of times he's under the basket and just dunks it, and I think my appreciation for that comes from how many big men we've had lately that can't or wouldn't do that.

Just now, StillUnknown said:

depends on his mindset. If its only about dollars, then that gives us an advantage

if he wants to win something, he might be willing to lose out on that additional money. Hard to turn down 8 figures of extra income, but Ant Davis just did.

As much as I want to give Wall credit for coming back, the counter-argument I've gotten has always been you don't leave that kinda money on the table when you've had an injury history.  Beal has gotten much better lately, but I remember when he first got here and we are absolutely running him into the ground the same way we just did Wall.

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

Don't both only have one year left on their contracts after this year?  I don't trust Parker either, btw, but I can see why some people would like to keep him.  I've lost count the number of times he's under the basket and just dunks it, and I think my appreciation for that comes from how many big men we've had lately that can't or wouldn't do that.

yes, next year will finally be the last of Mahinmi's nightmare deal.

they're going to re-sign one of Parker/Portis. They're not going to let Otto as a pure salary dump. They will want to claim they picked up a good young player. Parker is playing in a way that makes it attractive, until it isn't.

• Like 1

I like Portis.  I think their defense would be a lot better if the team had two centers and a coach that did a better job with team defense.  The Wizards have been consistently bad on defense since Brooks showed up and playing Green (and now Portis) at center most of every game isn't helping.

Parker is an excellent option off the bench.  If he accepted a contract that made sense for that role, I don't think he's a bad fit.  He's never going to be even an average defender but he is a gunner and there's room for that on every teams bench. 

Neither of these guys should make star money though.  They're role players.  If the Wizards didn't waste so much cap space and had a larger group of young players there might be room for them.