BRAVEONAWARPATH

The Official Washington Wizards Thread: The JOHN WALL ERA

6 hours ago, Destino said:

LaVine is their best scoring option.  Markkanen is pretty good too.  

Wendell Carter Jr could end up being very good too.  Shotblocker and rebounder and excellent low usage garbage man who can finish around the basket and face up and hit jumpers off the catch.  Nascent post game.  He does everything well and has high level defensive potential.

Their management is pretty bad, but they've stumbled into a core that makes sense.  Ja Morant would complete their build.  They need a shooter and go to scorer at PG, and that's the only piece they're missing.  They swindled the Wizards.  They pawned off two replacement level cancers in exchange for one of the best three and D wings in the league.  The Wizards agreed to the trade because Grunfeld is ****ing horrible at his job and the team was desperate to get under the luxury tax because the ownership group couldn't stomach paying repeater tax for the trainwreck Ernie built.  Awful decision making leads to more awful decision making in trash organizations like this one.

• Thanks 1

Hmmm....

For Beal's tune to change this drastically (going off his comments about being here long term,) I really believe he got some guarantees that some big changes are coming.  I'm thinking with both EG and Scotty. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, RonArtest15 said:
Hmmm....

For Beal's tune to change this drastically (going off his comments about being here long term,) I really believe he got some guarantees that some big changes are coming.  I'm thinking with both EG and Scotty. 

Don't sice me like this...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, RonArtest15 said:

Hmmm....

Don't know about changes with EG and Brooks but Bradley did have a few discussions with EG.

Apparently, whatever was said left Beal feeling confident in the team's future.

17 minutes ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

Don't know about changes with EG and Brooks but Bradley did have a few discussions with EG.

if he's discussing things with EG, that means ain't **** changing

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

if he's discussing things with EG, that means ain't **** changing

The big change could easily be Beal made face of the franchise and not wanting a limping Wall as his only fellow star.  I don't think that's the case, but its possible that's what he's thinking, and no, I don't believe people asked him about playing with him IN DC.  

If we sign KD after Ian contract comes off the books, ya'll back on board even if Ernie is still here?

2 hours ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

Team's future or his?

Related image

2 hours ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

I'm pretty sure Brad had a one-on-one with Ted last week.  I didn't hear anything about him having discussions with EG. 

2 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

If we sign KD after Ian contract comes off the books, ya'll back on board even if Ernie is still here?

You still holding on to that dream?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, RonArtest15 said:

Hmmm....

Beal is really enjoying the wizards being “his team”.  You can see it in his body language, his attitude, and his words.  He’s suddenly all smiles, jokes, and is even out there recruiting.  I hope he tries to lure a better GM to DC too.  

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Destino said:

Beal is really enjoying the wizards being “his team”.  You can see it in his body language, his attitude, and his words.  He’s suddenly all smiles, jokes, and is even out there recruiting.  I hope he tries to lure a better GM to DC too.  

Yup...I definitely picked up on that as well.  I think Ted sold him on some things in that meeting.  Beal and his camp made it known that they were not thrilled w/ the FO, so I really....like REALLY believe that there are some big changes coming. 

3 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

You still holding on to that dream?

No, just still following the team and going to the games.

• Like 1

Playoffs were a long shot (and I'm not saying I want it) but these 4 games after the AS weekend against eastern conference contenders should seal our fate. 

0-2 through that 4 game stretch so far...

Only watched sparingly since the trade, but it amazes me how poor Parker's BBall IQ is for a guy that could easily be a point forward if he knew how to play with pace. I see why he hasn't found a home in the league so far despite his obvious skills and freak athleticism. 

I swear Ted is going to make the Wizards the first D.C. based team that I stop being a fan of, there is nothing good about this pathetic franchise. 

I've already stopped watching.  I can't see any point in watching until Ernie is gone.  I guess I'll come back if he's fired, but this is a miserable franchise to follow and the ownership is absolutely part of the problem.

• Like 3

Trivia time!

Which player has logged more minutes for the Washington Wizards?

A: Dwight Howard

B: Troy Brown

bonus: Who will have more by the end of this current season? 

Wizards going 180 on the Nets.  Dad said something on last interview with Ted indicating not hitting goals.  That doesn't sound like a blank check for Ernie.

22 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I've already stopped watching.  I can't see any point in watching until Ernie is gone.  I guess I'll come back if he's fired, but this is a miserable franchise to follow and the ownership is absolutely part of the problem.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

I don't know what Scotty said to the guys during that first time out when they were down 10-0 but he should say it more often. 

• Thanks 1