Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Blatche being the captain is the epitome of this franchise. A bunch of losers.

I'm completely disconnected with them until Blatche is traded or cut. I can't rationalize investing my time and money in a team that values a moron like him this much. If I'm not enjoying the games, there is no point in watching.

I would write to Ted, but if our management doesn't see him for the loser he really is, then there is no point. I can't believe he's been on the team for seven years and we are still having this conversation.

You should email Ted. He wrote me back once.

You should email Ted. He wrote me back once.

I emailed him about it last year, and he answered back with a 'we feel the frustration too' or something close to that. I have no idea what that means, because I blasted Blatche but the rest of the team as well. This was after the home Spurs game where we had an absolutely abysmal performance, both play and effort wise.

I just can't write again. This is going to be my last post about Bleh in this thread. The next one will be when he is off this f'ing team.

Apparently the team has a "rotating captain" system and Blatche was only captain for the first game, different players will be captain for different games.

I'm just going to assume thats damage control to get the Captaincy off of Blatche without completely throwing him under the bus (although I would happily drive that bus). Otherwise, that is an ass backwards way to find a captain.

Edited by StillUnknown

So ... Lemme.see if I.got this straight

Blatch says he needs the ball in the paint so he can post up. I can't ever remember Blatch ever being physical or even having post moves. But now, all of the sudden he's willing to get nasty under the boards and in the paint?

Isn't this the same guy who said lifting weights didn't agree with him?

So ... Lemme.see if I.got this straight

Blatch says he needs the ball in the paint so he can post up. I can't ever remember Blatch ever being physical or even having post moves. But now, all of the sudden he's willing to get nasty under the boards and in the paint?

Isn't this the same guy who said lifting weights didn't agree with him?

Direct quote by him (from last season):

"If anybody watched me grow into this team and into this league, they'd know that I've never been a back-to-the-basket, bang-bang down player. I'm more of a face-up and a finesse player. That's who I am. I can't force myself to be a different player that I'm not."

:ols::ols::ols: :doh:

"I lift. When I do lift, I'm the type of person where I don't see results at all ... I've tried everything. I got a chef so I could start getting as healthy as I could eat, but I don't know what it is. I'm trying."

Brian Mitchell suggested he use P90x, assuming Blatche knew what that was. Blatche's response? "Huh. No, I've never heard of that."

http://www.bulletsforever.com/2011/1/7/1921120/andray-blatche-calls-himself-a-finesse-player-says-he-doesnt-see

Edited by No Excuses

I am really excited about Chris Singleton.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wizards-insider/post/wizards-chris-singleton-hates-to-lose/2011/12/27/gIQASGaTLP_blog.html#pagebreak

Chris Singleton saw all-star point guard Deron Williams casually dribbling the ball up the court late in the first quarter of the Wizards’ 90-84 loss to the New Jersey Nets and immediately attacked. He swiped away the ball, and started reaching to gain possession.

Singleton knocked the ball out of bounds, unable to get the steal, but tenacious ball-hawking let it be known that the rookie wasn’t awe of the situation. And, after the Wizards disheartening collapse, Singleton made it clear that he wasn’t going to accept being a part of a losing team.

“I don’t want it to be a recurring thing,” he said after Tuesday’s practice. “I want to change this culture. There’s too much losing the last couple of years. Some people might just like that. I’m not used to it and I’m not trying to get used to it.”

Put Young in the starting lineup, move Rashard to PF and start Singleton at SF and play him 30 minutes every game.

Edited by No Excuses

From the article I posted earlier:

"In practice he gets the ball on pick and pops, and in practice he gets the ball on the blocks," Wall said, according to the report. "It's whatever the play is called, that's where the ball has to go, and it's my job to get everybody in position and get the ball where it's supposed to be."

While Blatche has never been a post player that comment from Wall implies that he's been getting the ball in the post in practice but those plays were being called in the game. That would explain his sentiment (though not the stupid way he chose to communicate it to the world).

---------- Post added December-28th-2011 at 12:33 PM ----------

Put Young in the starting lineup, move Rashard to PF and start Singleton at SF and play him 30 minutes every game.

When singleton shows that he can shoot he'll replace Lewis. I doubt you'll see our already soft inefficient big man replaced by a softer less productive big man.

Edited by Destino

Destino, he was suspended two seasons ago by the coaching staff because they demanded he go in the post, and he refused to do so and wanted the ball at 15ft. Then the coaches yelled at him and he threw a fit. He's full of crap.

And ignore my post from earlier, I can't resist bashing him. You were right Rocky. :ols:

---------- Post added December-28th-2011 at 12:39 PM ----------

When singleton shows that he can shoot he'll replace Lewis. I doubt you'll see our already soft inefficient big man replaced by a softer less productive big man.

I'm ok with sending a message and benching the lazy bum. It's not like we're getting results anyways. In a losing season, sending the right message to the team is probably more important.

Edited by No Excuses

Destino, he was suspended two seasons ago by the coaching staff because they demanded he go in the post, and he refused to do so and wanted the ball at 15ft. Then the coaches yelled at him and he threw a fit. He's full of crap.

And ignore my post from earlier, I can't resist bashing him. You were right Rocky. :ols:

Not only the same thread but on the same page.:)

anyway, we play ATL tonight...I don't think we've been even competitive with them in years

The Hawks are probably the most complete team I have seen all year a lot of vet. players McGrady even looked good last night scoring 12 points. The Hawks much like the 76ers have great depth and are very balanced. This is going to be a very hard game to win tonight.

Key Matchup: Wall VS Teague

I'm familiar with the history. None of that however discounts the fact thst Wall is saying that he's getting the ball in the low post in practice but those plays aren't being called. It also says that Blatche isn't just choosing to pop up and shoot, that is actually the play that is being called. Think about that.

Also lost in the Blatche hate is that the SF your typical choice for a catch and shoot option is not being called or isn't doing it. That speaks to the confidence the coaches have in Lewis. Why exactly is he on the floor if he not the shooting option on plays? His terrific rebounding and defense?

I'm ok with sending a message and benching the lazy bum. It's not like we're getting results anyways. In a losing season, sending the right message to the team is probably more important.
I am too but Lewis?! This guy doesn't look like he actually wants to play. He sleep walks through games here until he can get an injury excuse to sit down. How does giving him the 4 spot convey a message to the team? I'd bench them both. Booker at the 4 with Blatche coming off the bench. Singleton at the 3 with Lewis coming off the bench. Keeping in mind that if Booker and Singleton can't handle it on the offensive end more changes and even a reversal is possible.

I agree with sending a message but the team has to do so in a way that doesn't torpedo the team or reward an overpaid bum. Remember the other players on the team aren't going to respond well to something that screws them so the coaches can make a point. Wall, McGee, Crawford, and Young are working hard and that needs to be respected as well. This is not the NFL and basketball players don't look at their feet and say yessir if they feel slighted by their coaches.

Edited by Destino