Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

From what I've seen so far the wizards can't afford to get rid of Young or Blatche. Wall and Crawford need more time to develop their offensive game and no be else on this team looks to score aggressively. Who is going to score off the bench for this team? Crawford and.....

From what I've seen so far the wizards can't afford to get rid of Young or Blatche. Wall and Crawford need more time to develop their offensive game and no be else on this team looks to score aggressively. Who is going to score off the bench for this team? Crawford and.....
Young and Blatche are the only two players with legitimate NBA-style games, at least on the offensive end. They both may be knuckleheads, but you can run your offense through them and play well.

Wall is starting off with a serious sophemore slump, it's only preseason but he doesn't look like himself.

McGee will lose his starting job to Turiaf or Seraphin somewhere along the line this year, I promise.

Dwight would suck on this team the inside outside would be broken.

Dwight would suck on this team the inside outside would be broken.

Dwight wouldn't suck on any team but he would definitely be best paired with a killer wing player like Durant. More than anything the wizards need. Dominant scoring option, 24ppg type player.

Yeah, Gilbert was amnestied so traded players can be punted. Rashard's expiring deal is going to be minimal, around 10M. It's nice to have his veteran presence but I hope either Singleton or Vesely take over by end of the year. Rashard is awful on defense.

I mean a player we trade for now that is not currently on the team as long as their contract was originally signed prior to the new CBA.

Can we amnesty a player acquired via trade? If so I wouldn't use it on a guy with an expiring deal.

Yeah, Gilbert was amnestied so traded players can be punted. Rashard's expiring deal is going to be minimal, around 10M. It's nice to have his veteran presence but I hope either Singleton or Vesely take over by end of the year. Rashard is awful on defense.

Much better 2nd quarter from the Wizards. Easily their best effort of the 6 quarters they've played.

McGee is on fire right now with the blocks...all it takes is for him to get a dunk and he becomes active.

That's one of my frustrations with McGee. His defensive intensity should not be predicated on him getting dunks on offense.

That said, when he flashes like he did in the 2nd quarter, it makes you hope and pray that the light finally clicks on for the man.

Edited by StillUnknown

you want to make babies with Blatche...just admit it!

---------- Post added December-20th-2011 at 08:34 PM ----------

Blatche + McGee on defense = 2 points in the paint for the opposition.

It was nice, however, to see Javale attempt some what controlled post moves...didn't hit all of them, but at least he is attempting to be disciplined.

Blatche was good on the boards in the first quarter. Wall looks terrible as a facilitator and Crawford looks bad all around. Rashard is worthless and I still haven't seen this Roger Mason Jr. who can't seem to miss in training camp....I have yet to see him make anything.

Shelvin Mack looks like he shouldn't even be playing in the NBA. Like what I see from Booker and Singleton.