Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Me and Blatche actually exchanged tweets last week.

drayblatche andray blatche

Done wit the 2nd workout great day today

me:

@drayblatche 2nd workout of the offseason? You think you'll get a 3rd in before the season starts?

@"me" I hope lol

He's an idiot.

:ols::ols:

I do find it interesting the Caps were willing to let go of Bruce during the season, but have kept Saunders through this whole lockout. I guess with a short camp, free agent period and season, he won't be here much longer. But its kind of easy to tell he's not the man to lead a very young team. He was hired to coach Arenas, Caron and AJ. Not Wall, McGee and Vesely

I do find it interesting the Caps were willing to let go of Bruce during the season, but have kept Saunders through this whole lockout. I guess with a short camp, free agent period and season, he won't be here much longer. But its kind of easy to tell he's not the man to lead a very young team. He was hired to coach Arenas, Caron and AJ. Not Wall, McGee and Vesely

I think they'll move on when they have more of a sense of where they're going with this. Basically, Saunders is just filling in until something better comes up/becomes apparent.

I hope the next guy isn't a retread. I want a hard nosed younger coach in a Mike Tomlin mold. Somebody to get in the faces of the players.

Football, along with the attitudes and mentalities that go along with it, are a different breed then Basketball. It's hard to find success in the NBA with a hard-nosed, in-your-face-coach, considering the average basketball player cannot take legitimately tough coaching. NBA coaches need to manage egos, maintain chemistry, and employ the occasionally brilliant set-play or defensive line-up. Getting in the faces of NBA players will ikely lead to mutiny.

Larry Brown style of coaching isn't going to work with young players. Flip is ok for now. No reason to fire him and pay him salary for doing nothing since the results from the team will be identical with any other coach. Plus I think he's done a good job of developing some of our players.

lol @ that Blatche convo. I expect nothing else from him.

Way to be a douche when I shared a cool experience I had involving a lot of NBA players.

not being a douche, just speaking the truth....have you happen to see JaVale play basketball before? The only way he'll be ready for the season is if he got a brain transplant over the summer

Me and Blatche actually exchanged tweets last week.

Done wit the 2nd workout great day today

me:

@drayblatche 2nd workout of the offseason? You think you'll get a 3rd in before the season starts?

@"me" I hope lol

He's an idiot.

HAHAHAHA thats gold, between you and him.

You guys hate the man guts, I am giving him 1 more year I think the injury set him back last year I believe this year hes going too give us 16 and 8 in a more efficient effort shooting 48%.

I big JaVale fan his basketball IQ is not the greatest but I love watching him play and thinks he still has a great upside. Dwight Howard is not going to leave Orlando to come here people get over it! hes trying to win a championship not fight for the 8th seed.

I sometimes wonder if people actually realize that this is Blatche's SEVENTH year here.

Javale lost me at the Clippers game last year where I personally witnessed his ass quit mid-game and Wall just rip into him coming off the floor. That said, he does have talent. And he doesn't even begin to approach Blatche levels for me. He's not a lazy POS. He's just a dumb kid. I'm still giving him a chance.

I sometimes wonder if people actually realize that this is Blatche's SEVENTH year here.

Javale lost me at the Clippers game last year where I personally witnessed his ass quit mid-game and Wall just rip into him coming off the floor. That said, he does have talent. And he doesn't even begin to approach Blatche levels for me. He's not a lazy POS. He's just a dumb kid. I'm still giving him a chance.

Yeah but he's how old? 24?

I am just tired of the Wizards and Redskins giving up on young talent and letting them go too other places and be stars. A few years ago we were Detriots farm team they at one point had four Wizards on the court at the same time. I can see the Blatche hate even though I am not ready too give up on him, the hate McGee is crazy.

Edited by SiCkSoULjA

It's not Blatche's development that's the issue though. Nor his skillset. Nor his maturity even. He's just a lazy POS. That's not going to change. He is who he is. 19, 24, 29.

I agree. It seems to be the case with a lot of these guys. Maybe because I'm all of 5'11 with only the skill set to play against my old Hebrew School classmates.....but if I were that tall and athletic....I'd be focused on practice, training and nutrition until the day I retire. How can you be that tall and not think "Man, instead of clubbing...I should get a trainer and nutritionist to turn me into a 6-11 brick wall"

I'm just glad that we'll like see Jan Vesely finally. There were so many questions about him that I want to see if we have a player or a bust in this guy. Critics claimed that he's a poor shooter, a poor free throw shooter, and has bad hands. Despite being 6'11 it looks like he going to get time at SF so we'll see.

This is a post from another board.

Personally, I think there's merit in this.

This is the key question for this offseason: what are our goals for next year? Do we really want to tank? If we do, we'll end up with a high pick, but we'll be hard-pressed to acquire a top-notch free agent. Dwight Howard isn't going to come join a .300 ballclub. Or do we want to add enough talent to get pretty good next year, even if it means we end up picking 11th instead of 4th.

Whatever the case, I think it's universally understood that we want to preserve cap room for next summer. We can do that one of three ways: we can sign nobody good this year; we can sign good vets on one-year contracts; or we can sign Nick Collison contracts.

I think Leonsis has a golden opportunity here if he's ready to go all in. If he amnesties Rashard Lewis, the Wizards will have $33M in cap room this offseason. With that room, we could sign 3 Nick Collison style contracts and hopefully acquire 3 starters, or at least top 7 rotation players. If he does it right, each of those new players will cost roughly $3M a year from 2012 onward.

For argument's sake, let's assume we sign Young, Battier and McRoberts. We would go into next offseason with a core rotation of: Wall, Young, Battier, Blatche and McGee, with Mack, Crawford, Vesely, Booker and McRoberts on the second unit and Singleton and Seraphin deep on the bench. That team might win 37 games this year (or the equivalent win percentage in this shortened season). But the beauty is that, by next summer, we'd have all those guys (except McGee) locked up and we'd STILL have $22M in cap room. That gives us plenty for Howard plus a bunch of trading chips including McGee and some of our recent picks as sign-and-trade bait. Howard would surely be interested in joining an emerging, big-market team that is playing nearly .500 ball, has a deep rotation of quality role players, and a superstar PG.

---------- Post added November-29th-2011 at 10:48 PM ----------

@Chris_Broussard

Chris Broussard

But Bulls know Roy likely to be picked up first by a team with cap room. Source says Chi has interest in Josh Howard too, so does Wash & NJ

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

Superman is not coming too D.C. Ask yourself why would he come here? We are rebuilding!!!! Does he want too a team already established that's contending for a championship?

The lure is Wall and emerging young talent in a big market thats starving for a winner.

Edit: It also helps that Dwight has been raving about Wall all summer.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

I'm just glad that we'll like see Jan Vesely finally. There were so many questions about him that I want to see if we have a player or a bust in this guy. Critics claimed that he's a poor shooter, a poor free throw shooter, and has bad hands. Despite being 6'11 it looks like he going to get time at SF so we'll see.

he is going to be a huge bust

I don't care if Blatche develops into a star elsewhere. People said the same thing after we let Haynesworth go. Some guys are just cancers.

I think Vesley can be a decent role player/energy guy, like that guy Birdman in Denver. He won't live up to being 6th overall pick but I don't think he'll be a complete waste.

They need to do with Blatche what they did with Arenas. Talk him up and put him out there where he can score points.... Then trade him to a team that needs length and scoring that is looking to make a run. There are plenty and GMs out there that will see what they want to see or think they can coach him up.

This is the NBA and Blatche is tall. Go look at the contract Haywood signed. Remind yourself that Caron Butler was traded for Kwame Brown. Just package Blatche's height with positive bull**** and someone will bite.

I dont think you can compare Blatche with Arenas or Haywood. You are talking about the former face of the franchise, and a guy who was very serviceable ( and also just won a title btw). Haywood also was shipped out following a VERY high percentage ft shooting season. Something happened along the way and his % is worse than ever. But the season prior to him being shipped was very productive. Blatche on the other hand is a douche. How much more of a position could he be in to score points? We literally had no one on this team for 3 years that could score points. That is all we asked him to do and he still disappointed... until the end of the season where he switches from his " im a pg, look at me dribble" schtick to his usual "im progressing" schtick. To be followed by some guaranteed offseason stupidity and then the aforementioned schtick combo. 7 years man.. 7 years of this. I dont care if he is only 24. After 7 years, you call a spade a spade.

---------- Post added November-30th-2011 at 03:26 AM ----------

NY can shoot, but cant/wont pass, cant/wont defend, cant/wont rebound, and is streaky. Ive already complained about him enough though i think. One thing is for sure: Building a contender does not start with signing NY. He is a stellar 6th man and nothing more.

Edited by Skin'emAlive

This is the NBA and Blatche is tall. Go look at the contract Haywood signed. Remind yourself that Caron Butler was traded for Kwame Brown. Just package Blatche's height with positive bull**** and someone will bite.

Haywood is a very good defender (not justifying his contract) but he is much better than Blatche. Blatche is very inefficiency on offense, lazy on defense, and doesn't rebound well considering his size and build. Good comparison on Kwame though...he is terrible as well...can't believe we fleeced the lakers like that.

---------- Post added November-30th-2011 at 08:36 AM ----------

NY can shoot' date=' but cant/wont pass, cant/wont defend, cant/wont rebound, and is streaky. Ive already complained about him enough though i think. One thing is for sure: Building a contender does not start with signing NY. He is a stellar 6th man and nothing more.[/quote']

Not fair to say he "cant/wont pass" because they purposely ran a lot of the offense through him last year and expected him to shoot. He was the best scoring option we had last year. It isn't his job to facilitate, it is his job to score; and that's what he did.

As far as the defending...I'm not sure where you and everyone else who claims this gets their info...because you obviously don't watch the games. Nick Young is a pretty good defender and definitely the best perimeter defender on the team the past couple years.

You are correct that he doesn't rebound, and he really should.

I also don't understand how you can call Nick Young a stellar 6th man right after bashing him in all categories but shooting and after saying building a contender doesn't start with signing him. Every contender needs a good 6th man who can score off the bench. Every contender also needs a role player who can shoot threes and defend the perimeter.....Nick Young also excels in both of these categories.