Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

29 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Beal took a hard blow to the head from Terry Rozier's shoulder last night.  He ended up on the ground and unable to get up for a bit and Markieff Morris had to foul to stop the clock and it was a foul that took him out of the game.  It was a pretty big turning point.  I wouldn't be surprised if Beal actually did suffer a concussion on the play.

its damn near criminal the team didn't pull him out, especially when it was clear he had little in the way of coordination afterwards

I know J. Michael isn't on the coaching staff but he said Bo Buckets he has been a liability on both ends. He has trouble getting off his shots against quicker defenders and keeping up defensively with the cutters as they attack his feet.

Edited by Rocky21

9 minutes ago, Rocky21 said:

I know J. Michael isn't on the coaching staff but he said Bo Buckets he has been a liability on both ends. He has trouble getting off his shots against quicker defenders and keeping up defensively with the cutters as they attack his feet.

another pick wasted. can't laugh, can't cry. just here

giphy.gif

Edited by StillUnknown
  • Like 1

Ernie has a piss poor drafting record so he has to sign players in FA to give the team some depth. Ernie has a piss poor FA signing record, so he has to sell draft picks to acquire talent.

We've entered a vicious loop where the team can't find much depth in the draft, can't find it in FA, and moving forward, will have trouble even having both avenues open.

If there will be a DC curse for the Wizards, it won't be because the team chokes. It will be because the roster is structured so poorly, and the depth is so thin, that the team fizzles out by 2nd round of the playoffs.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sticksboi05 said:

The 1st rounder for Bo looks worse and worse every day. I really want that pick back at this point.

This is what I was afraid of.  I liked Bogs, but I don't like trading first round picks for expirings.  I got made fun of for some of the names in the draft that I liked at the time of the trade, but tell me you all wouldn't like to have a Caleb Swanigan or Harry Giles or Ivan Rabb now.  This draft class is good and there are rotation players to be had throughout the entire class.

I hope Ted spends some money to at least get an early second rounder.  I would LOVE to get Josh Hart or Sindarius Thornwell.  Or Jordan Bell/Dillon Brooks/Johnathan Motley.  Anyone who watched the last two NCAA tourneys knows why.

• Like 2

Yall are really going through it lol. I feel you too, but be a little more positive. It wasn't long ago we won like 14 games a season. The team is actually trending upwards. 

Lets see how these next two games go before we poo poo the whole squad. 

Edited by Llevron
  • Like 2

Mahinmi out again tomorrow. Honestly I'm not a doctor, I know we push athletes too hard across all sports as it is to the point of criminal negligence, and I'm sure he's working hard to get back ...

but **** him. **** him to the moon and back. Morris damn near split his ankle in half and was a beast last night. Take a ****ing cortisone shot and get on the court. This team cannot D up for **** and our best defender is on the bench for a strain. If it's not a major strain to the point where it's a small tear, I swear to God ...

• Like 2

The Bullets were in both of those games, had significant double digit leads in both games, and IT had to have the game of his career on his dead sister's birthday to help them win the second one. How anyone can think this series is over, when most series are 2-0 at this point, is beyond me. If anything, this is looking like a 7 game series. 

• Like 1

Brooks need to trust some of the other guys on the bench, if only for a minute or two. McClellan, McCollough and Ochefu could probably play better defense that what we are seeing. We're getting absolutely nothing from Mahinmi. He's a decent defender, but he's soft. Morris manned up and played, he should too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, No Excuses said:

If there will be a DC curse for the Wizards, it won't be because the team chokes. It will be because the roster is structured so poorly, and the depth is so thin, that the team fizzles out by 2nd round of the playoffs.

This is what scares me. Wall is a monster and Beal will be a great #2.  But you really need a good GM to build up the rest of the team efficiently.

I'm afraid we'll end up being like those early to mid 2000s Celtics teams that had Paul Pierce and Antoine Walker and were good regular season teams but not much else and never really did anything in the playoffs.

2 hours ago, Llevron said:

Yall are really going through it lol. I feel you too, but be a little more positive. It wasn't long ago we won like 14 games a season. The team is actually trending upwards.

this logic is how Ernie keeps getting those 1 year extensions

4 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

This is what I was afraid of.  I liked Bogs, but I don't like trading first round picks for expirings.  I got made fun of for some of the names in the draft that I liked at the time of the trade, but tell me you all wouldn't like to have a Caleb Swanigan or Harry Giles or Ivan Rabb now. 

It's not even about a single draft but the damage caused over time by consistently trading picks.  The Wizards current bench is the result.  Cheap talent can't be completely replaced with vets via trade because teams eventually run out of money and have to settle for less talent.  It would also help if the GM was better at picking players.  How many years have we needed a back up point guard versus actually having one?  We signed Andrew Nicholson for the same deal that Ramon Sessions took in Charlotte.  That's infuriating. 

• Like 4

22 hours ago, Destino said:

I can't remember the last time I saw someone get called for a foul with the face.  I'm sure it happens, just can't recall it.

It happened to me back in my high school bball days. I was on D, the guy with the ball went up strong next to the basket while I stood behind him, and the top of his head went into the bottom of my chin, and they called me for a shooting foul.

I gotta imagine Mahinmi is very unpopular in the locker room given the money he got and the fact that he's nursing injuries while guys like Morris play with the ankle and John refuses to take a play off after smashing his wrist, and the list goes on.  One would assume this dude would feel compelled to push it considering what his teammates do night in and night out.

• Like 4

I'd also say that Mahinmi has worn out his welcome with the fan base as well. 

The whole team got beat up in that last game and kept playing, Morris played with what he initially thought was a broken ankle and that dude is sitting on the sidelines in street clothes with a boo boo. 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

There was a brief period there where he started to get his legs under him and contributed to where I thought this is exactly what we need come playoff time.  Haven't seen that guy since.  Although there is this tall gentleman mildly cheerleading at the end of the bench that resembles him.

Yea. Thats what sucks. We saw the vision for a whole 2 weeks and then that was over. 

• Like 1