Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I think wall looked fine tonight after 2 offseason knee surgeries. But the story of this team will be just as we said it would at the end of the season: Thornton can't be on the court unless everyone is injured. He sucked last year, and shouldn't have been kept over Eddie. Also, Marcin is going to continue his decline as an interior presence. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, STBonecrusher21 said:

Otto really disappeared in the 2nd half. 

They need to get him the ball.  Now that he's not glued to a spot he's open constantly on cuts.  Instead we saw a ton of bad passing on the perimeter and contested shots, by guys trying to do too much.  They have to learn to trust the offense and make the right choice.  Wittman may have ruined them in that regard, because he had no offense.

• Like 1

Yeah they were forcing it.  The team was nervous.  And Beal getting into foul trouble took the offense out of rhythm.  He was rolling in that first half.  But they pretty much quit in the fourth quarter there.  Five TOs in the first three or four minutes of the quarter and then the defense and rebounding totally broke down.  They stopped trying and got annihilated.  Can't use being tired as an excuse.  Atlanta was playing their first game too.

3 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

I think wall looked fine tonight after 2 offseason knee surgeries. But the story of this team will be just as we said it would at the end of the season: Thornton can't be on the court unless everyone is injured. He sucked last year, and shouldn't have been kept over Eddie. Also, Marcin is going to continue his decline as an interior presence. 

This is why I think Gortat is as good as gone when Mahinmi comes back.  He, along with the rest of the Wizards front court, was food tonight for the Atlanta starters as far as getting boards. 

Team needs better outputs from Wall, Beal, and Porter.  Not to mention, Thornton should NEVER get 20+ mpg...those at the least, should be split w/ Sato.  I'm not sure if it's just Brooks' way of easing Sato into the rotation or if he's got some weird fetish for a washed vet like he did w/ D. Fisher, but something has to give. 

3 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

I disagree about Wall. Every time he attempted to escalate his gear, he tripped over his feet, failed to complete a pretty routine dunk( with some contact, admittedly). He appears less explosive than usual, which is obviously his greatest and essential attribute( still can't consistently hit open jumpers).